Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Bulldogs & Changes for R10 vs Brisbane

Best on ground

• 1. N. Vlastuin

Votes: 85 87.6%
  • * Other

Votes: 12 12.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t think we can beat North if we play like we did last night.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We've scored under 50 in 3 straight weaks with 2 of those being home games and the other against a bottom 4 team. North have scored under 50 once this season.

We are 18th for Points for this season. Eagles have more without even adding todays game.

Theyll beat us for sure

Baker McAuliffe Coulthard In and maybe a Tall.

3 injured blokes out and Dow dropped.

Will be interesting to see if they give Dustin a week off and whether or not they give Grimes another week off.

texas chainsaw massacre halloween GIF by Challenger
Someone put riolis head on the girl in the ute

Apologies if this not the appropriate thread to place this post. I have to say that i am quite stunned on the quick decline of our great club in a matter of only a few seasons from the golden era. I understand there are a number of factors for the decline - aging/retirement of players, rule changes, motivation after achieving the ultimate success multiple times may no longer be there etc, but other clubs like Geelong, Sydney have not bottomed out for such a long time. I am ready to cop criticism from others here, for what I am about to say as well as my lack of activeness in writing posts, but I just think we became too complacent and somewhat arrogant especially after the 3rd flag. You can say well after winning the 3rd flag we earn't our right to be arrogant, but it just shows you how quickly you can become back down to earth. The AFL system and product is just not designed and set up to be a dominant team for a longer period of time i.e. 10 plus years. I will give the club credit though for maximising our time at the top to win 3 flags. Hopefully we can bounce back soon and continue develop, draft and recruit exciting talent to once again be a force...
What's different between Tiges and Cats/Swans?

1. Annual mind-melting frustration of receiving clearly the worst free kick differential for seven years and counting. The deep cancerous effect of this cannot be overestimated. Consider winning 3 flags despite that - incredible!
2. Way more than our fair share of injuries, this year especially. Two of our small handful of A-grade players, Lynch and Prestia, can't string three games together. Without the injuries, there's a good chance we'd be in the 8. But the injuries have exposed the weakness of the lower list.
3. Home ground is a standard size.
4. Quality assistant coaches have gone.
5. Excellent executive leaderships are gone, leaving or checked out.
6. The golden era team was a brilliantly recruited "moneyball" group, with a "Big Four". Three of the Big Four are gone and have not (cannot) been replaced, and Dusty has never been the same since Robinson assassinated his kidney. The moneyball group is gone (esp. goodbye Houli and Lambert), and recruitment has been woeful with the exceptions of Baker, Bolton and Balta.
7. Realising too late that we should rebuild and not go for a 4th flag, and keeping high draft picks rather than recruiting Taranto and Hopper. The draft is supposed to equalise, but geez, it doesn't work that way if you don't hang onto your high draft picks.
8. Realising too late that Hardwick was not the right man for a rebuild, especially after the rule changes wrecked his Plan A and he didn't seem to have a Plan B.
9. "Ninth" point - because Richmond.

It's just time to let the ass fall out of it i think.

Grimes should retire to allow us another chance in the MSD.

We basically no choices from here anyway but need to go 100% kids from here , if they are ready or not. I'm incredibly concerned by how average the younger guys are looking and/or riddled with injuries. I'm genuinely not sure if ANY of them are genuine keepers. They all look ordinary

We have 22 players under 24 & 5 months & I wouldn't put any money on any single one of them playng 150 games, or even 100.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's just time to let the ass fall out of it i think.

Grimes should retire to allow us another chance in the MSD.

We basically no choices from here anyway but need to go 100% kids from here , if they are ready or not. I'm incredibly concerned by how average the younger guys are looking and/or riddled with injuries. I'm genuinely not sure if ANY of them are genuine keepers. They all look ordinary
Even Naismith should retire as he’s yuk.

Why should the heat be on Yze? He inherited Hardwick’s list.
The one absolute howler was Hardwick getting too greedy and getting Hopper. It should have been obvious that the forward line with Riewoldt at the end and an ageing Lynch the list wouldn’t capitalise on Hoppers recruitment.
The rebuild should have started after 2020.
Would you all stop blaming Hardwick for getting Hopper, the coach doesn't make list and recruiting decisions, maybe imput but not final decisions.
Our problems run deeper than Hardwick.
Let's not forget all 2022 we were getting killed in contested possession, so picking up some quality inside mids looked like the right thing to do.
The error was getting 2, that are both slow. I'm not a big enough footy nut to know oppo players inside out so I trusted our footy department to be pulling the right lever.
It was also a gamble using a future first round, but I'm sure we expected to finish I the top 8, that's the risk you take.
Yes they probably stuffed up there, but they had delivered a list that got us 3 flags.
I also think we need to take a breath after the last couple of weeks. Over the first few rounds I think we were all pleasantly surprised at how competitive we were, then the injuries built up and we were asking too much of the kids week in week out. The dam wall burst last night. The kids are probably getting tired and can't compete at the level and for as long as some of the more experienced hardened teams and more worrying some of our senior players are more going through the motions with the season shot.
This year is going to be gard work for players and fans. Let's hold a bit of judgement and see how they respond over the next few weeks and what happens over the off season. I expect we will see a very different team over the next couple of years, let's just hope we can get competitive quickly, not become a full basket case again.

Bauer, Coulthard, Cumberland, Mcauliffe, Trezise all need to play next week

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Absolutely Agree ! If we have only managed to score 50 points or less for the past three matches then why did they nominate Cumberland as a sub - he had seven shots on goal the previous week. If Balta is described as a Swingman then why was he not moved to the back line when young Darcy was a mismatch with Vlaustin ? Different passages of play require players to be flexible - Naughton could have been easily checked !

Back