News Rodney Eade confirmed as GC coach (see p10)

Remove this Banner Ad

Devils advocate but why change the culture in the first place when it has been established over a number of years as a winning one
Because AFL football lasts longer than 2013

Happy for Rocket he's got another chance at coaching.

I'm also really pleased that his departure from Collingwood was handled firmly but graciously and fairly.

The side benefit of that goodwill is a potential good trading partner down the track.

Losing someone from your club is SO devastating, I don't know how one survives.

I remember the carry-on that Port Adelaide went on with about losing Allan Richardson to St. Kilda. Koch wanted compo.

I mean look how that affected Port. They so struggled with Richardson this year, and it sent them to the bottom of the ladder. Hang on, no, they made top four. So much for how Port would be mortally wounded by Richardson's departure. I mean, he must be the reason that Port missed the GF by less than a goal. What a bastard! :rolleyes:

If Collingwood struggle to replace someone like Eade, and his departure rocks the club so badly, that it sends them to the bottom of the ladder for years on end, then maybe Collingwood don't have what it takes to make finals anyway, if one backroom position swings the club's fortunes so perilously. I think the loss of a senior coach has a more immediate effect than some backroom boy.

The fact is, the world will not be destroyed by this news. Get over it. You lost Beams, you lost Eade. Will it affect Collingwood's position on the ladder? It will if they let it.

My team won a flag after our best player and our coach defected. So, anything can be overcome. It is a wrinkle, no doubt, but just pick yourselves up and move on, and be big enough to wish Rodney Eade well for all he has done for you.
So much WTF about this post, bravo.

Outstandingly stupid contributions made by you, the likes of which I've not seen in a long time.

tumblr_lrs9mtry7Z1r1thdeo1_400.gif

Devils advocate but why change the culture in the first place when it has been established over a number of years as a winning one
Mick's preference was to the let boys be boys as long as they won.
The game and society have changed.
Bucks has always been about discipline on and off the field and those that won't or can't fit in have been shown or allowed to walk out the door.

[***mod edit] I have been banned from this thread for being disrespectful. [***mod edit]

Last edited by a moderator:
[***mod edit] I have been banned from this thread for being disrespectful. [***mod edit]

Varcoe, yeah, I remember him. He kicked three goals against you guys in the 2011 GF. Remember, the "unlosable" GF.

Hey, at least at Collingwood, he won't kick goals against you in the GF any more. But then, he may not even play in another one, with Collingwood being on the decline and all.

Corey retired, BTW, and Lonergan didn't walk out. He stayed, but the club wouldn't have held him to his contract if he wanted to take the Bulldog's unbelievable offer. You see, we care about our players, even if they leave. Not like Collingwood, who , once you leave them, you are dead to them.
1) were the pies even favourites for the unloseable grand final?
2) you can care all you like about your players but nearly spewed when Gaz kicked a goal at Geelong and got a standing ovation. All good while your winning but if they had have been in front, you hicks wouldn't have been clapping.

Now **** off back to your own board.

So, Collingwood has snagged Neil Balme from Geelong to replace Rodney Eade.

Nice get, and it shows something. It shows how mature the Geelong Football Club are, in that we allow Balme to pursue a good job opportunity, and don't stand in his way. We let him stay until after the draft, and wish him well in his future occupation, with no bitterness or slandering him on the way out.

Most importantly, we don't have our president cry like a bitch about wanting compensation. But, if Collingwood wants to offer us compensation, we will take it. I mean, I wouldn't want the Magpies being hypocrites, who expect compensation when someone takes someone from their club, but then doesn't offer it when they do the same thing.

1) were the pies even favourites for the unloseable grand final?
2) you can care all you like about your players but nearly spewed when Gaz kicked a goal at Geelong and got a standing ovation. All good while your winning but if they had have been in front, you hicks wouldn't have been clapping.

Now **** off back to your own board.

1) Considering everyone tipped you, and the media ran the line that we only beat you in Rd 23 because you "put the cue in the rack", I imagine that you were the favourites. (BTW, how soon into the 2011 GF did you put the cue in the rack)?

Also, I made $170 on Sportsbet tipping Geelong for the flag six weeks out, when we were $4.25. So, if we were expected to win, I wouldn't have got such good odds for the GF, now would I?

2) But, after that game, we all shook Gazza's hand, and were friendly to him. We have done the same with Paul Chapman at Essendon last year. We will do the same for Christensen at Brisbane. I bet that all of these guys will happily show up to premiership reunions down the track. How many Collingwood players will show up at a 2010 premiership reunion, considering how many you burned, and the way the club treated them on the way out.

Also, I wonder how you will feel if Dayne Beams kicks a goal against Collingwood when he is wearing Brisbane Lions colors next year? I bet you will be more than spewing.

Nice get, and it shows something. It shows how mature the Geelong Football Club are, in that we allow Balme to pursue a good job opportunity, and don't stand in his way. We let him stay until after the draft, and wish him well in his future occupation, with no bitterness or slandering him on the way out.
Most importantly, we don't have our president cry like a bitch about wanting compensation. But, if Collingwood wants to offer us compensation, we will take it. I mean, I wouldn't want the Magpies being hypocrites, who expect compensation when someone takes someone from their club, but then doesn't offer it when they do the same thing.

Over the years when we lost Laidley, Scott and Neeld during our finals campaigns we never said a word other than "leave now", 'cos at the time MM believed he only wanted people with their mind 100% on the job.

The only reason Eddie got on his high horse about was because it is becoming more & more frequent that contracts are being ignored.
This has/will bring about changes for the betterment of the competition, (and we benefit also).

This is the first time there has been a salary cap on football departments and rightfully we are protective of our space.
Balme is not on contract, he is obligated to give 4 weeks notice which he is doing and you guys are allowing him to work it - no compensation required.

2) But, after that game, we all shook Gazza's hand, and were friendly to him. We have done the same with Paul Chapman at Essendon last year. We will do the same for Christensen at Brisbane. I bet that all of these guys will happily show up to premiership reunions down the track. How many Collingwood players will show up at a 2010 premiership reunion, considering how many you burned, and the way the club treated them on the way out.

Ablett wasn't contracted and he left for the $$, everyone knew that.
Beams had another year to go on a contract and he hid behind his Dad's illness - very different.
If you can remember, (or were a supporter back then) for context think about how you felt when Leigh Colbert left your club, (I don't need a response thanks).

Being relatively new to BF I've never understood what a troll is, thanks for clearing that up.
Please substitute a letter in your avatar and GTFO and stay out.

Balmes contract with Geelong expires end of season 2014 (probably end December). Hence is not contracted for 2015. Eade still had 2 years to run on his contract.
Your attempt to continue trolling this board will not end well for you.
GTFO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1) Balme was not contracted for 2015.
2) The Pies never stood in Eades way, they simply wanted to be compensated by GC since Eade was contracted. Not an unreasonable request since there is a precedence.
3) Who cares what your president does? Moreover, if he did bitch, nobody would care because nobody knows who the fk he is.
4) Why would you be given compensation for a member of staff who is out of contract? Get a clue and then fk off you troll.

1) Considering everyone tipped you, and the media ran the line that we only beat you in Rd 23 because you "put the cue in the rack", I imagine that you were the favourites. (BTW, how soon into the 2011 GF did you put the cue in the rack)?

Also, I made $170 on Sportsbet tipping Geelong for the flag six weeks out, when we were $4.25. So, if we were expected to win, I wouldn't have got such good odds for the GF, now would I?
You are a bit simple or just not very good at this. A full six weeks out and you're talking unloseable? How much money did you put down? Telling me what you won means **** all.
In the week before the GF.
Centrebet: Cats 1.80. Pies 2.00
Sportbet: Cats 1.70 Pies 2.20
Yep the Pies were hot favourites. Silly boy.

As for the cue in the rack, some experts saw danger signs after round 23 and started to jump on the Cats. As for you reference to the cue in the rack in the 2011 GF, hope you get another holiday dick head.

Also, I wonder how you will feel if Dayne Beams kicks a goal against Collingwood when he is wearing Brisbane Lions colors next year? I bet you will be more than spewing.
You've already been burned for Gazza comments so no need for me to throw more fuel.
It doesn't matter who kicks goals against us when we play Brisbane and I won't stand up and applaud like a love sick former lover because that's what you all looked like when Gaz kicked that goal.

Now as we kindly said earlier "Fk off back to your own board."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back