News Rodney Eade confirmed as GC coach (see p10)

Remove this Banner Ad

F sake everyone I speak to who follow the Pies could not give a flying FK about Eade leaving...piss off and hire the next!......move on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There's no currency in that thought process, mate. Create a scandal by saying it has something to do with instability and we're back in the papers after a couple of weeks. Yep, Caro got rolled by her 'Jimmy Hird source' so she needed another scalp. Low and behold, she goes the Pies.

Nothing said unless someone has a link

I'm unsure at how to post a Sound Cloud - but Eddie was interviewed on 5AA tonight.
The two hosts said Sanderson is on his way to Collingwood.

How is the club stable?
Can you give me some direct examples?
A stable club isn't one who has 3 different football managers in the space of 18 months.
Same president, same board, same coach.

I picture you in your cupboard, sitting in the corner in the dark, pissing on your wife's shoes.

Are you always like this?

Andy "Campaigner" Maher

Mother should have swallowed him.

Cannot stand that man..
I get your point and I don't like him as a commentator/presenter, but he's actually a really good bloke irl.
He used to come into my work a fair bit for golf lessons and was always up for a chat with anyone, no ego, unlike some of his counterparts.

It's pretty simple. We have to pay overs to get someone to do the role now. In the past, no big deal because we're not 12mil in debt like some clubs. But now we have to pay overs, which gets put into a cap, which limits our spending elsewhere.

It really not a good model for a well run self sustaining business. I understand that when your used to being bottle-fed, independence and how it works can be difficult.

Never really addressed the question. I'll let this one through to the keeper.

But nice chest beating.

My understanding is the tax is a bit like income tax. There are thresholds that effect the tax rate. Based on our efforts to reduce spend, I'd say we are in the second highest tax rate level of spend, but with the unbudgeted spend we will have to do to rep,ace Rocket, it will move us into the higher tax bracket, meaning we will pay more tax per dollar of spend over the cap, as well as for the extra spend. To add insult to injury some of that money will go to the Suns via the AFL, so we will essentially be paying the, to poach our Football Manager.

Also I dare say losing a Football manager is more disruptive than an assistant coach, as you have several other assistant coaches to pick up the slack while you replace them. In our case the most qualified person to fill in for Rocket while we go about replacing him is probably list manager Derek Hine who is quite busy at the moment preparing for the upcoming draft, so Rocket leaving right now is extremely disruptive.

No doubt it's disruptive but it happens to everyone.

Will be interesting to see how much tax is paid next year. I recall when this was rolled out Eddie campaigned very hard to have a cap set at maximum tax payment of $1 million. If the pies are going to be paying this anyway. I really don't see how the Pies are anymore disadvantaged than other club that have lost staff.

Edit (add): If the Pies aren't paying the maximum tax and are looking to reduce spend to avoid the cap, then I can understand why it might be an issue if it's going to add more to total tax payable.

Perhaps a tax free option should be offered on Eade's replacement.

Really need to understand what tax is being paid though. I'd be surprised if the Pies aren't at the threshold anyway.

Last edited:
I get your point and I don't like him as a commentator/presenter, but he's actually a really good bloke irl.
He used to come into my work a fair bit for golf lessons and was always up for a chat with anyone, no ego, unlike some of his counterparts.

Don't ruin this for me, this is Matthew Lloyd all over again.. I hated him for so long, then i regularly played cricket against him and he was unfortunately a really nice guy..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same president, same board, same coach.

I picture you in your cupboard, sitting in the corner in the dark, pissing on your wife's shoes.

Are you always like this?
Go to the GC board and have a look at some of the posts in the 2 coaching threads.

The jury is still residing over it, but I think they are about to hand down a verdict.

I have a question for you guys.

A lot of you don't rate Eade anyway, so appears that you think it's no great loss.
Some of you think that your club produces great people / coaches from within which in turn feeds the rest of the clubs.

So, surely you have people inside the club who are capable of stepping up.
Then you would only be filling a vacant / lesser profile / lower paid job and you would then actually save money and lower your cap spend.

So my question is ..... who do you have internally capable of filling that role?

So my question is ..... who do you have internally capable of filling that role?

We should not be compromising due to your club being unable to appoint a coach in a timely manner in the piece.

We should not be compromising due to your club being unable to appoint a coach in a timely manner in the piece.
So what you're saying you have nobody good enough?

It's a serious question. I don't know who you have in your club atm who is seen as a talent in this area.

So what you're saying you have nobody good enough?

I'm unsure if you are new to football but the position Eade is vacating is a pretty important role.
He is in charge of our football dept.
Get your house in order, get the organisation that funds your entire existence to hand over a cheque and we can appoint the best person in the role from outside the club.

Would someone else who doesn't have a soapbox and personal agenda, and actually knows something about the internal personnel at your club, that I have enjoyed watching battle it out against my club for the last 40+ years, care to have a go at this question.

Because I would genuinely like to know if you think there is someone good enough already at Collingwood to fill Eade's shoes?

Because I would genuinely like to know if you think there is someone good enough already at Collingwood to fill Eade's shoes?

No.
Eddie has said we will and have to appoint an outsider external from the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back