Society/Culture Reproductive Rights: Roe vs Wade, abortion, etc

Remove this Banner Ad

This popped up in my twitter feed as an example:

But it's the natural progression of anyone that uses the black and white argument that it is immoral to force a woman to give birth.

And I say that as someone that is pro-choice to the point that the bunch of cells turns into a human life. I think most people share my view (might be wrong).

That's the best you've got. A photo from a protest that doesn't say what you say it does.
You're following the wrong people on twitter if that tweet came up

So you wouldn't vote for abortion rights to be removed or try and stop a friend or family member from getting an abortion?
I wouldn’t support what we are seeing in the USA, especially where more details are emerging about it being banned in the case of things like ectopic pregnancy. If there was something that could tighten up the restrictions on people using abortion as contraception, then I might consider it if it didn’t impact those cases that I believe to be legitimate/justified.

If a friend or family member told me they were having an abortion I wouldn’t utter a dissenting word. I’m a law abiding person who accepts the law of the day and the fact that most people don’t find abortion objectionable. I’m not a radicalised person like you guerrillas and revolutionaries who believe in kicking heads in until you get your way.

I wouldn’t support what we are seeing in the USA, especially where more details are emerging about it being banned in the case of things like ectopic pregnancy. If there was something that could tighten up the restrictions on people using abortion as contraception, then I might consider it if it didn’t impact those cases that I believe to be legitimate/justified.

If a friend or family member told me they were having an abortion I wouldn’t utter a dissenting word. I’m a law abiding person who accepts the law of the day and the fact that most people don’t find abortion objectionable. I’m not a radicalised person like you guerrillas and revolutionaries who believe in kicking heads in until you get your way.
So you're just in here playing devils advocate and being a massive campaigner for fun then?

So you're just in here playing devils advocate and being a massive campaigner for fun then?
What, so a person’s feelings and convictions aren’t real until they’re willing to shriek at their friend’s and family for not seeing things their way? Get stuffed, your camp can keep that sh*t.

??? Maybe not a few times are year, but there are definitely people doing that.

Abortion is a big deal. If there’s a handful of people misusing it, that doesn’t justify removing the choice from millions of American women for whom it may be deeply impactful.

Remember, access to abortion doesn’t mean anyone is forced to do anything. It allows them to choose to have an abortion.

Non-access to abortion forces women to have children they may not be willing or able to have. They have no choice.

And even if a tiny number of abortions are people using it for contraceptive purposes (they aren’t, you’re making an idiotic argument) then who cares? It’s their choice to do so. No one is forcing anyone else to do the same.

Yeah… this isn’t a thing.

People aren’t popping down to the local abortion clinic for a casual ‘whoops’ abortion a few times a year after a big weekend.

Not to provide fuel for either side, but there’s a lot more early terminations in families planning and maintaining the size of families than people think.

It’s not all schoolgirl mothers and tinder dates gone wrong. They’re proabably more likely to use condoms than inside
Long term partners with families. They probably don’t take the decision lightly

And what’s wrong with revisiting the baby bonus as more of a carrot than a stick. Oh that’s right, it encourages rampant growth of single mums apparently

Not to provide fuel for either side, but there’s a lot more early terminations in families planning and maintaining the size of families than people think.

It’s not all schoolgirl mothers and tinder dates gone wrong. They’re proabably more likely to use condoms than inside
Long term partners with families. They probably don’t take the decision lightly

And what’s wrong with revisiting the baby bonus as more of a carrot than a stick. Oh that’s right, it encourages rampant growth of single mums apparently

Which leaves us with this bit still;

It’s their choice to do so. No one is forcing anyone else to do the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This popped up in my twitter feed as an example:

But it's the natural progression of anyone that uses the black and white argument that it is immoral to force a woman to give birth.

And I say that as someone that is pro-choice to the point that the bunch of cells turns into a human life. I think most people share my view (might be wrong).

Yeah it's good to follow a wide variety of informative accounts.

How does this ban fit in with the allegedly great replacement theory, won't forcing more black women to carry children full term just speed things up?
They know it will further entrench class/race divides.

This will be accompanied by all types of legislation attacking public education, public health and the underclass will grow even larger. White power wll be increased.

The citizenry will need to resist.

I presume the States banning abortion are also going to introduce a bill allowing free healthcare to all women in the stages of pregnancy, birthing and post-natal?

I mean they wouldn't just allow people to be forced to give birth and allowing women to undergo hyperemisis gravidarum, placenta previa, preeclampsia, gestational diabetes, placental abruption, antepartum haemorrhage, breech births, cord prolapse, shoulder dystocia, PPPH or SPPH and postpartum depression. Then allow them adequate maternity leave. I'm sure that's all going to be taken care of.

I presume the States banning abortion are also going to introduce a bill allowing free healthcare to all women in the stages of pregnancy, birthing and post-natal?

I mean they wouldn't just allow people to be forced to give birth and allowing women to undergo hyperemisis gravidarum, placenta previa, preeclampsia, gestational diabetes, placental abruption, antepartum haemorrhage, breech births, cord prolapse, shoulder dystocia, PPPH or SPPH and postpartum depression. Then allow them adequate maternity leave. I'm sure that's all going to be taken care of.
Of course not. As many posters in this thread have pointed out, it's all about making people live with the "consequences" of their "choices". Who cares about who lives and who dies when you have a sense of moral righteousness.

And this is where the pro choicers sheepishly hide behind terminologies to obscure the true nature of abortion, and asset that they have science in their corner. Yes there are different stages of development, but are they really different things? If you look at an ultrasound of your kid at 10w gestation, and then look across the table at your now-two-year-old toddler, you are inescapably looking at the very same thing. So use of these terms is just all part of the same cutesy innuendo and denial.
Edit: I must add that I don’t think killing a 9w fetus and 2yo child are remotely comparable

Theyre not the same thing in that only one of them is sentient and conscious, and has ever been sentient and conscious.

The other thing is cells replicating into the vague shape of a human.

Is it your position that a blob of cloned Cow meat growing in a petrie dish is the same thing as a Cow?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back