Rookie Draft: Kane Tennace Mitch Thorp Any Takers?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 29, 2004
Kimberley
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles Reserves
Does anybody think it's worth having a go at either of these players in the rookie draft.?
I'm not sure there is going to be much talent available and we need to fill 4 spots.
We could redraft Davis also.

Mathew Panos
Tom Hill
Andrew Hooper
Serhat Temel
Joe Dare
Mark Hutchings
Kyle Hardigan
Anthony Collica
Derick Wanganeen

These boys were unlucky not to be drafted, any four would make good rookies but Hooper made AA in the back pocket but he is about the same height as Wirrpanda.

Mathew Panos
Tom Hill
Andrew Hooper
Serhat Temel
Joe Dare
Mark Hutchings
Kyle Hardigan
Anthony Collica
Derick Wanganeen

These boys were unlucky not to be drafted, any four would make good rookies but Hooper made AA in the back pocket but he is about the same height as Wirrpanda.

Joe Dare sounds like good kid with plenty of upside.

Mathew Panos
Tom Hill
Andrew Hooper
Serhat Temel
Joe Dare
Mark Hutchings
Kyle Hardigan
Anthony Collica
Derick Wanganeen

i played footy with this bloke growing up, good hard player! and he supports west coast!:D

I wouldnt mind Thorp should he last till our PSD pick. After the draft though im going to stop hoping for what comes out because Im a little disappointed still...

Ryan Neates. Claremont midfielder with with incredible speed.
Lance Daly. 192cm midfielder/ forward with good skills and good at finding the sticks.
Lewis Broome. Forward pocket with great speed and agility.
Joel Coyne. Lightnight quick flanker/ wingman with good skills

I wouldnt mind Thorp should he last till our PSD pick. After the draft though im going to stop hoping for what comes out because Im a little disappointed still...
No chance. Will end up at Melbourne. Wouldn't want him anyway with his baggage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dylan Grimes is still available too. Havent seen any footage of him but he was talked of as a possible late second rounder.

From the top end there are several x factor indigenous players worth taking a punt on with our PSD or rookie picks.

Liddle - very skillfull backman who is hard at it, has had trouble with the tribunal but IMO thats not all a bad thing. In the 80's Ted Liddle played for Saint Marys and was the Rolls Royce medium size backman in the NT, held in the same esteem as the Longs and Rioli's and was the captain of Saints and the NT Rep sides. Good breeding.

Taylor - 188 cm backman, fast, hard at it, skillfull and never gives up. Very much a team player and a keen West Coast supporter.

Liam Patrick - 188cm major X Factor, huge leap, fast and good skills. Plays ruck and dominates games where ever he plays. Can play anywhere but needs to add size.

Also like Wanganeen from Adelaide, could be our small crumbing forward and if not would be a nice sweetener to trade to the Gold Coast to nab Matera:rolleyes:.

Panos would be another good rookie option, a project FF.

Why has Kanne Tannace not worked out, I remember him playing under 18, seems so long ago and he was a star. Right up there with the best going around.

Anyway for our Rookie/PSD spots I would like to see us pick up Collica or Panos. Then maybe re draft Davies

I'd actually like to see us a take a risk on Thorp. It's not like he'll be a list clogger, he'll either turn out to be a tremendous bonus, or be off the list in two years. Given the other names available, I don't see anyone who we'll be kicking ourselves in 2 years because we took Thorp instead of, especially given the fairly even spread of talent available in the rookie draft.

Mathew Panos
Tom Hill
Andrew Hooper
Serhat Temel
Joe Dare
Mark Hutchings
Kyle Hardigan
Anthony Collica
Derick Wanganeen

Mathew Panos & Mark Hutchings Should be certainty's but I doubt they will still be around when we have our first pick.
I wouldnt mind some Mature age Rookies either, Their are few good ones in the WAFL ATM.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back