Rookie draft pick #9 Tobin Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks Bob!

Tobin has a great set of hands and looks like he loves kicking goals... one thing that has pissed me off over the last couple of years was the lack of times that our small forwards would pull the trigger and have a ping at the goals.

Watching him at training, I can see a Poppy type of small forward in Cox with the way he hunts the ball on the ground and more so in the air and with the way he snaps goals.

Thanks Bob!

Tobin has a great set of hands and looks like he loves kicking goals... one thing that has pissed me off over the last couple of years was the lack of times that our small forwards would pull the trigger and have a ping at the goals.

Watching him at training, I can see a Poppy type of small forward in Cox with the way he hunts the ball on the ground and more so in the air and with the way he snaps goals.
:thumbsu:
He also looks so good in traffic! He seems to have the composure that guys like Robbie Gray and Polec have ... No pressure!;)
His injury interrupted last 18mnths has seen him drop out of draft contention this year ... could end up being a huge steal!

Great work tracking down some highlights guys the club should of put them up. Looks like a exciting prospect like it.

Worth a bump, was pretty good in the trial games, showed reasonable form since then and has kicked 9 goals in the last 2 games. Hopefully he keeps it up.

If he keeps kicking goals there’d be a couple of guys looking over there shoulder. What’s his kicking range? I’d like to rid our firsts of guys who can’t kick further than I can.

If he keeps kicking goals there’d be a couple of guys looking over there shoulder. What’s his kicking range? I’d like to rid our firsts of guys who can’t kick further than I can.
Haven't seen him kick long much for the Maggies because he's been playing deep forward, but he can kick long based off his Glenelg reserves highlights pre-draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll admit that I thought there were better options in the rookie draft but Tobin has really proved me wrong.

Nice shot for goal, strong overhead and tough as all hell. Think he will really benefit from more fitness, hopefully see a tad more pace and agility.

We haven’t seen much true ‘crumbing’ so I’m keen to see how he goes playing at the feet of Frampton, Hayes and Marshall later in the year.

Lol all you want, he has played good footy all year, has the body and game to slot straight in.
You obviously don't know that

No I know and have seen him play well. But to suggest based on that limited experience at SANFL league level that he should already be in the AFL side is just flat out populist ballsackery.

No I know and have seen him play well. But to suggest based on that limited experience at SANFL league level that he should already be in the AFL side is just flat out populist ballsackery.
How much exposure do the kids coming out of the TAC Comp have before round 1? Duursma has been pretty good...

Quality is quality, this whole apprenticeship thing is utterly bulldung!

This kid has ‘IT’ and needs exposure as soon as possible! Aggressive, Attitude, Skills and Poised doesn’t have to be a world beater, but Farrell and Cox as small forwards who use the ball well are going to be huge assets moving forward. Kornes has a crack that we lack outside players, but both kids, (lacking pace) along with Houston will turn us into a great ball retention team.

This kid has ‘IT’ and needs exposure as soon as possible! Aggressive, Attitude, Skills and Poised doesn’t have to be a world beater, but Farrell and Cox as small forwards who use the ball well are going to be huge assets moving forward. Kornes has a crack that we lack outside players, but both kids, (lacking pace) along with Houston will turn us into a great ball retention team.

Thought Cox, Woodcock and Frederick were all very promising today, in their different ways.

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app

According the this article, young Tobin has had a growth spurt! Drafted at 177, now 181.

At this rate he'll be a key forward by the age of 23. Perfect!

According the this article, young Tobin has had a growth spurt! Drafted at 177, now 181.

At this rate he'll be a key forward by the age of 23. Perfect!
Goooood goooood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back