Game Day ROOS VS SAINTS (Round 11 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

we have these long periods without scoring, it's such a problem

Long periods without scoring and long periods without purposeful ball movement.

Last week we were more conservative with our kicking but more aggressive with our handball.

We’re playing like a team that knew it would lose before the game started.

We’ve won 23 clearances for 16 inside 50’s. God we are s**t.
because we've got genuinely talented midfielders

but they're always kicking to outnumbers and outright weird forward structures so what exactly are they supposed to do?

I just don't understand our forward system. Larkey getting double teamed, so we just keep bombing it on his head.

Literally look for any other target in our 50, Larkey should be 100% a decoy for the double team.

Noble talks about ‘nourishment’ but you can see the players trying and the scoreboard doesn’t move. Absolutely deflating for players and supporters

He’s got no idea how to coach ball movement.

Or defence.

Which results in not being able to score and not being able to prevent sides from scoring.

The perfect shitstorm of game style.

Why not play him at chb. We don't have a baxkline and it might bring Larkey into the game.
We are only still in this because the saints have been inaccurate.
I know we are robbing our forward line, but we have to start winning the ball and contests.
So get Larkey involved.
and make the forward problem even worse? there wouldn't even be a contest for the Saints' 3-on-1 one without the power of work that larkey's doing, but he's playing a ******* dogshit structure.

look at the difference that their outnumber is doing around the ball compared to ours in the d50, and yet we (obviously not allowed to say who so I will share the responsibility) persist with forcing our key forward to effectively play with one hand tied behind his back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why St Kilda wanted Xerri, I haven't been too impressed with him this season, he is nothing more than a big lumbering ruckman who belongs in a bygone era. I don't think he is worth a future third, so we should have jumped at it when it was offered.

Tristan Xerri is a dead set liability. Two goals from his rubbish ruckwork, literally let's his opponents palm the ball directly into the f50 corridor everytime. Back to the 2s for him, should have persisted with CCJ

Baffling that he's playing over CCJ. No idea what we're thinking there.

We’re getting smashed on the scoreboard but it really doesn’t feel like it at the game
It does watching on TV. Their inaccuracy flatters the margin.

Everytime we have the ball in the backline we struggle hit a good target. So many times it's called "play on" and we have to dispose the ball under pressure to a team mate who's also under pressure.

I don't understand how we can take a mark, and the next disposal has a 75% chance of ending up with thr opposition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back