Round 1 - Essendon vs Adelaide Pre-Game Build-Up Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

But even that is meaningless, an 18 YO string bean opponent brush past him or push him over with ease.
As I said, "he may not be overly effective", but that wasn't the accusation I was responding to.

Bearded Clam referred to him as David “I don’t do tackling” Mackay, and David “do I have to get my hands dirty?” Mackay. BC also stated that Mackay doesn't provide a contest and try his guts out everytime the ball comes in his vicinity. All of these accusations are patently and demonstrably untrue.

Feel free to have a go at him for being ineffective when physicality is required - but don't ever suggest that he's unwilling to put his body on the line.

Hence why I said it was meaningless putting his body on the line, it makes zero difference to the opposition if he is there or not.

He literally gets bumped, pushed, shrugged, rolled every time - including by first year players.,

Yeah but that wasn't the point.

Hence why I said it was meaningless putting his body on the line, it makes zero difference to the opposition if he is there or not.

He literally gets bumped, pushed, shrugged, rolled every time - including by first year players.,
That may well be the case, and often is. Nobody is arguing otherwise.

But that's not the point... BC stated that he doesn't put his body on the line (paraphrasing), which is completely unfair and untrue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to invade your thread, I have heard that Lynch did get on the flight later in the day. However, he is 50/50 and will need to complete a fitness test tomorrow morning.

Not concrete or anything but heard it from an Essendon supporter who is usually on the money with news like this.

Anyway, hopefully it’s a good game tomorrow night. EFC sent an email out that they’re expecting over 45k there.

I guess the question now is ... Smurph or Otten? :eek:

A senior experienced tall versatile player who has grand final experience or a small rookie debutant.

For the selection committee there is no question

Bugger. No Lynch is huge.

Who else did we take over besides Otten that can play the link up role?

B Jake Kelly, Daniel Talia, Luke Brown
HB Rory Laird, Kyle Hartigan, Tom Doedee
C Paul Seedsman, Bryce Gibbs, Rory Atkins
HF Darcy Fogarty, Josh Jenkins, ?????????
F Lachlan Murphy, Mitch McGovern, Eddie Betts
FOL Sam Jacobs, Matt Crouch, Rory Sloane
I/C Sam Gibson, David Mackay, Richard Douglas, Curtly Hampton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back