Autopsy Round 1 @ North Melbourne - Season Over edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I only caught the first quarter and promptly turned off in disgust. Fill me in on the disgraceful efforts that followed.

You filthy melts.

Good:
JJK is the best forward on earth
McGovern was a life saver on several occasions
LeCras bobbed up with a few really valuable efforts (more on him later)
Really liked Redden's game
Mitchell will be class, didn't really dominate today and still racked it up with ease
Cripps' pressure around the ground is first class
Yeo is a ******* gem
Our heart breaking, torturous run of losses at Etihad (one consecutive) is finally over. Hadn't won there in over a year if you missed it.

Bad:
Eric, Wellingham really poor
Nelson, Hutch invisible, Shuey really quiet also
Gaff's kicking was hugely wayward at times
Over the back goals are still our Achilles heel - I think it's a necessary evil from our structure but surely we can limit the damage better than we are
LeCras burned teammates so many times early

Ugly:
Injuries
McGovern possibly being cited
The substandard surface at Eatadick Stadium
Every time Scott Thomson tried to involve himself in any way

Have at it.

Last edited:

I only caught the first quarter and promptly turned off in disgust. Fill me in on the disgraceful efforts that followed.

You filthy melts.

Good:
JJK is the best forward on earth
McGovern was a life saver on several occasions
LeCras bobbed up with a few really valuable efforts (more on him later)
Really liked Redden's game
Mitchell will be class, didn't really dominate today and still racked it up with ease
Cripps' pressure around the ground is first class
Our heart breaking, torturous run of losses at Etihad (one consecutive) is finally over. Hadn't won there in over a year if you missed it.

Bad:
Eric, Wellingham really poor
Nelson, Hutch invisible, Shuey really quiet also
Gaff's kicking was hugely wayward at times
Over the back goals are still our Achilles heel - I think it's a necessary evil from our structure but surely we can limit the damage better than we are
LeCras burned teammates so many times early

Ugly:
Injuries
McGovern possibly being cited
The substandard surface at Eatadick Stadium
Every time Scott Thomson tried to involve himself in any way

Have at it.
shuey doubled his touched in the last quarter. finished the game strong.

Great effort by the boys and Mitchell slotted in nicely.
We were let off by norths errors at times but still deserved the win.
I normally defend Darling but that was a shocker and he won't shake his staging and clanger tags now. Embarrassing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some good stuff today, but really didn't like Nelson - pretty sure he straight up coughed up a goal at one point, and was for me the iffyiest player to have around the ball at any given time.

Will be good to have a home game next week, and looking forward to players like Duggan, Sheed and Barass forcing their way back into the team.

Also, at one point they had an infographic about West Coast's elite+above average players - and of the few players that didn't make either of those cuts, it was hilarious that Gaff was included.

I mean, if Gaff is one of our 'just average' players we could do great things this year. :p

Good

495674.jpg

You filthy melts..

Falcons got up 28-3 then choked.

Wait, which game are you talking about?

Positives are pretty much everything not involving Wellingham and Emac.

Lecca still burns teammates. I counted 3 today, all before half time tbf.

Not sure what Jetta's role was today, 9 (?) Disposals and a Joe the Goose. Not sure what to make of that.

Backline a worry. Emac, Wellingham and Nelson all poor. Gov even made a few mistakes but still ok.

Midfield and forward line really good. Shuey was a little quiet in the first half but with Mitchell in, the reliance on him has dropped.

Petrie and Vardy were terrific
Redden was a contested bull
Mitchell = god
Priddis solid
JJK started where he left off
Yellow peril :thumbsu:
Masten was good too.
Racist. GTFO.

Seriously it was a solid effort after half time. North stopped running and kept butchering the ball. We will not get let off that easily against most other sides.

Gaff's and Wellers' radars were off and Shuey was relatively quiet early.

However, this was balanced by Priddis and Mitchell doing their thing and Yeo and Redden pulling their fingers out.

Jetta didn't do much. Needs to get off to a good start this season or the demons will get him. Must stay in the team for now. Masto was okay.

Nelson and Easy need to get better under extreme pressure. Much RFI in that backline.

Gov and JK. ENOUGH SAID.

Will happily take that win given my melting moments during the first half.

Petrie and Vardy - happy with their effort and hopefully they pull up well. Petrie likely had a dislocated finger - wouldn't have played on if he had broken it I'd have thought.

It was a delicious bonus to see Thomas miss some sitters.

On GT-I9507 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good: that barrass surely, must, come back into the side next week

Bad: mckenzies game today

Ugly: how mckenzie was even selected today to begin with

Positives are pretty much everything not involving Wellingham and Emac.

Lecca still burns teammates. I counted 3 today, all before half time tbf.

Not sure what Jetta's role was today, 9 (?) Disposals and a Joe the Goose. Not sure what to make of that.

My thoughts exactly. Wellingham just looked rusty, but he was in some good positions.
Unless your name is Kennedy, Lecras will burn you.

I'm all for having Yep play from the backline. He's not a good 3 dimensional player and i think is somewhat similar to Wellingham in that way.... He excels when he can read the play and counter-attack.

And i don't want to go the early crow, but I'm just going to say it - No Drew - No Eagles.

Eating some humble pie on Redden, he was quite good today.
He had a good game in Round 1 last year too and we were hailing him as an improvement on Scooter. Then he went to s**t

Remove this Banner Ad

Back