Game Day Round 1 vs. Sydney, MCG, 7:40pm Fri 15/03

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s really feeling like we’re watching Geelong 2023 season playing out for us. They’ve lost their mojo. They’re out of sync.
No hunger. Happy with their success now. At least Nick is still having a crack. Showing far more experienced players how it’s done.

I want Frampton back in the side. Not sure how he fits but I just feel he could be bringing something more.
I’d prefer him doing his grand final style performance up forward than Ash Johnson running around.

I tell you, if Ash had been available for selection in the GF, he would have played instead of Billy and we would not be premiers.

We don’t look fit. The mids can’t get to every contest and can’t get clean use when they do get it. The turnovers badly expose the defence who have pushed up to squeeze the ground.
I doubt it’s fitness. Attitude is my guess. But our coach will turn this around at some stage. Just might not be tonight.

If you are watching the game closely you are being harsh on a rookie but yes he has made mistakes. But our skipper has not exactly led by example in the defensive stakes either. Gives his man so much space instead of making him earn every mark like their defenders are doing. Checkers & AJ have not taken a single mark because they are being defended. we are being arrogant & made to look silly.
Then don't play Dean against the good teams... blood him against the bad teams.

Because Pies need to beat teams like Swans, Giants etc as this can come back later on when those 2 teams finish above and get home ground.

Fly needs to make the tough decisions and drop Elliott, Sidebottom, AJ, and Dean.

Sidebottom and Elliott definitely should be next cab off the rank to be “managed”

Ridiculous to start Fin as the sub

Then when he comes on too late and doesn’t get a chance to actually get into the game properly, people will say “Fin didn’t do enough”

Bloody frustrating. Lots of errors, simple ones really, which are hurting big time.

Sickening commentary team who're not hiding their bias, Richardson especially.

NickD has been sensational and hardly deserving the s**t he's copped on the main board. Absolute jet.

Cox has done some good things, but typified our game by giving away a silly free.

Must cut out the silly mistakes to get back into this one. Hard to believe it's only 18 points.

Charlie Dean is not good enough defender... he's the clear weak point back there and it's hurting bad.

Moore has been just as bad. Both of them are nowhere near their opponents for the most part, when they actually are in the same frame they don't engage with them and/or lose track of where the ball is and are easily beaten.

There's no easy fix for this other than doing the hard yards and learning to work together properly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moore’s been hopeless again.

He was such a better player 3-4 years ago, now he barely gets 10 possessions and his opponent usually gets a couple on him. For the talent he is, we don’t get the best out of him. If he is going to play like that in defence, he may as well play forward and give us a decent option to kick to.
And that’s with a depleted tall backline I’m saying this, when do you see him intercept mark now, it’s a rarity.
Murphy is a bigger loss than people are willing to admit, he is a tall that actually defends first and does the basics correctly

Sidebottom and Elliott definitely should be next cab off the rank to be “managed”

Ridiculous to start Fin as the sub

Then when he comes on too late and doesn’t get a chance to actually get into the game properly, people will say “Fin didn’t do enough”
I was disappointed he was named sub. I want to see what he can do on the big stage.

I also think JFN needs a chance. One thing he always does is gives 100% effort. This current team is lacking majorly in that department.

Moore has been just as bad. Both of them are nowhere near their opponents for the most part, when they actually are in the same frame they don't engage with them and/or lose track of where the ball is and are easily beaten.

There's no easy fix for this other than doing the hard yards and learning to work together properly.
Dean tried to engage Armatey last contest and was brushed aside.

Bloody frustrating. Lots of errors, simple ones really, which are hurting big time.

Sickening commentary team who're not hiding their bias, Richardson especially.

NickD has been sensational and hardly deserving the s**t he's copped on the main board. Absolute jet.

Cox has done some good things, but typified our game by giving away a silly free.

Must cut out the silly mistakes to get back into this one. Hard to believe it's only 18 points.
It's only 18 points because Swans literally stuffed up 2 easy goals....

Swans should be up 30+ easily

Then don't play Dean against the good teams... blood him against the bad teams.

Because Pies need to beat teams like Swans, Giants etc as this can come back later on when those 2 teams finish above and get home ground.
Playing Deam instead of Frampton or Murphy isn’t the reason we are where we are. It’s mental.

He was such a better player 3-4 years ago, now he barely gets 10 possessions and his opponent usually gets a couple on him. For the talent he is, we don’t get the best out of him. If he is going to play like that in defence, he may as well play forward and give us a decent option to kick to.
And that’s with a depleted tall backline I’m saying this, when do you see him intercept mark now, it’s a rarity.
Murphy is a bigger loss than people are willing to admit, he is a tall that actually defends first and does the basics correctly
Literally just an invention of yours. He averaged his 2nd most disposals last season, lol

The funny thing is we’re playing exactly like we did last week against GWS.If anything we’re playing worse because we’re playing at home in front of our own supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back