Game Day Round 1 vs. Sydney, MCG, 7:40pm Fri 15/03

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moore and Mihocek are our only talented key position players.

I reckon the end will come very quickly for Mihocek.

He’s already 31 and given he’s undersized with limited athleticism, he doesn’t have the attributes of some of the older key forwards who are still productive at that age.

Medium/long and even short term it’s a massive list hole.

He’s already 31 and given he’s undersized doesn’t have the attributes of some of the older key forwards who are still productive.

He also takes an immense battering every week. I hope not, but it isn't based on much logic

He’s already 31 and given he’s undersized doesn’t have the attributes of some of the older key forwards who are still productive.

It's alright. We traded the kitchen sink for Schultz

Same that happened to Geelong last year is happening to us.

Only Geelong had some decent forwards who could kick high scores to win games.

Honestly reckon this is more age than hunger. So many 30+ year olds.

Only need for a few of them to lose a step or two and it's gonna look bad.

Also, De Goey, Crisp and Josh Daicos being invisible doesn't help either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is actually worse than the GWS game..

I literally said just before this will get worse before it gets better and then with 6 minutes left in the last quarter we’ll switch on and get some cheap consolation goals

Honestly reckon this is more age than hunger. So many 30+ year olds.

Only need for a few of them to lose a step or two and it's gonna look bad.

Also, De Goey, Crisp and Josh Daicos being invisible doesn't help either.
Think you hit on it in the latter bit - it's not so much age for me, rather insipid play from several A graders

He’s already 31 and given he’s undersized with limited athleticism, he doesn’t have the attributes of some of the older key forwards who are still productive at that age.

That would be such a pity.
Has been great for us and an absolute battering ram.
For what he cost, his commitment on and off field, he ranks as one of our best this century.

Take a chill pill everyone. This is basically our preseason, and we've come up against two top 4 sides who are primed and hungry. We can lose the first 10 and still make finals. 2/23 matches, relax.
My stance is the healthiest good team in August and September is primed to win it all.

You can be a super team now and til July but if the team is worn out or injured entering finals... it's a steep mountain to climb.. fittest team wins.

But Pies have older players and they're also the key mentors that act as a glue to the team and team strategy. So Pies really need to win a lot early and then start resting later on....

But it looks messy right now.

Gees the carry on gold medal tier, I reckon if we pulled the game day threads from last year be the same culprits. 2 games into a long season and we’ve been written off 😂😂😂.

Fix up our transition game would be a decent start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back