Autopsy Round 10, 2021: Western Bulldogs v St.Kilda *BATTLE 50TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Listen bud, his statement was they are too timid, how the f*& k would he know if they were or weren't speaking up already. They don't have to be demonstrative loudmouths to get their message across to team mates. Is that clear enough for you to understand?
You were the one that used Gringo’s favourite ingredient hyperbole in suggesting that they be “sacked”
I was just responding to your words pal.

You were the one that used Gringo’s favourite ingredient hyperbole in suggesting that they be “sacked”
I was just responding to your words pal.

The kind of guy that frowns at you for making too much noise at the footy?

The kind of guy that frowns at you for making too much noise at the footy?
LOL good one hahaha, no, I'm the type of guy that calls out what I believe unreasonable criticism of the players who put their heart and soul into the St.kilda football club. My apologies if I offended anyone on my last post. But I am also a very loyal person and fiercely defend the saints players on most occasions as you will see in any of my posts. Make no apologies for that.

LOL good one hahaha, no, I'm the type of guy that calls out what I believe unreasonable criticism of the players who put their heart and soul into the St.kilda football club. My apologies if I offended anyone on my last post. But I am also a very loyal person and fiercely defend the saints players on most occasions as you will see in any of my posts. Make no apologies for that.
Fair enough you’re entitled to feel that way but just know Gringo was making a joke about the fact that I’ve had three st kilda supporters tell me to be quiet at the footy. Just a little tongue in cheek jab.

Wasn't the last straw with him just blatantly ignoring Ratts instructions during a game to leave Membrey 1 out in the forward line and instead he refused to leave, dragging his opponent to the most dangerous spot repeatedly?

I think it speaks volume that there was only 2 players from the current playing group at his wedding and the rest were players we had already moved out of the club. Lethlean made it a priority to sweep out one social group which probably says something about the culture/divide within the playing group at the time

If that’s true that says more about the perception players have internally around respect for the coach and what they can/can’t get away with eg guarantee he won’t do that to Beveridge ...
Ratten is a nice guy...too nice and they take advantage
Lyon didn’t want friends ....he wanted results ...
The answer is in the middle and I suspect Beveridge has it right..,,
Does Ratten have the ability to be a pr!ck??? He needs it.

Watched about a quarter of Bulldogs and Demons while cooking up some slop. First thing I took away was the distinct lack of frees being paid.

No use bitching about umpiring if you're so poorly drilled as a side that you give up a ridiculous number of frees for basic skill errors.

All this talk of Bulldogs being kissed on the dick by umpires, but Demons aren't giving them up. That's how you help yourself win games of football and should be addressed as the very first point of issue. It's not about the frees you get, but the ones you give away.

Watched about a quarter of Bulldogs and Demons while cooking up some slop. First thing I took away was the distinct lack of frees being paid.

No use bitching about umpiring if you're so poorly drilled as a side that you give up a ridiculous number of frees for basic skill errors.

All this talk of Bulldogs being kissed on the dick by umpires, but Demons aren't giving them up. That's how you help yourself win games of football and should be addressed as the very first point of issue. It's not about the frees you get, but the ones you give away.
Spot on. We've been poor in that area for some time.

Spot on. We've been poor in that area for some time.
Would like the media types to highlight it when they go through the mea culpa motions for once.

We can all wax lyrical about effort and the usual bullshit, but it's time to look at the core problems. Save the Richo-isms until the basics are actually sorted out.

Ratten questioning the umpires was just the denial stage rearing its ugly head.

Would like the media types to highlight it when they go through the mea culpa motions for once.

We can all wax lyrical about effort and the usual bullshit, but it's time to look at the core problems. Save the Richo-isms until the basics are actually sorted out.
Agreed, we were very undisciplined last week. Gave away some shockers. That hold by Wilkie on Weightman was one that sticks in the mind.

Agreed, we were very undisciplined last week. Gave away some shockers. That hold by Wilkie on Weightman was one that sticks in the mind.
Indeed.

How does one prevent a hold on the opposition player at all times? Gee, how about leveraging with a closed fist instead of opening your hand and grabbing jumpers/limbs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2024 Premiership Side
Wilkie Howard Paton
Coffield Clavarino Sinclair
Hill Steele Z.Jones
Billings B.King Membrey
Higgins M. King Butler

Marshall B.Crouch J.Bytel

Gresham, Byrnes

Draft Needs
- 2nd Ruckman
- fast winger (hind .. why WHY!??)
- big Key defender

We need 3 years of GREAT drafting.
It can be turned around quickly.
We have a good nucleus but many holes and no depth. draft 18yo mids / smalls that have star quality and draft older good 21-25yo talls.

Rainbow emoji is usually used to express gay pride or happiness. Never seen it used to say "don't take this post seriously".
Ah! Well then you learn something new every day!

Win this and we're within touching distance of the 8 if the other games go as planned. Hope the time away really galvanises the group like last year and we can launch into out horrid second half of the draw.
...... who wants to break the news to him????

Remove this Banner Ad

Back