Review Round 10, 2023: Essendon Bombers v Box Hill Hawks, 28 May 2023, 1.05pm @ NEC Hangar

Remove this Banner Ad

Any positives on tucker? Missed most of the first half. Logging on now to watch the second.

Ned Long is having the game of his life. He's using his bigger frame to his advantage today, and it's working a treat. The potential for him as a resting forward and his ability to play forward is enormous. That attribute alone could see him earn a spot in our AFL side in the long term. Either way, he is going to put a very good case together for himself at match selection this week. That said, Josh Ward isn't even a lock to come straight back into the side, and Connor MacDonald is feeling the competitive squeeze at the moment, so I think it's more than likely that Long plays next week for Box Hill.

I generally like your posts Vando but “the umpires are screwing us”, in this game, is below your regular high standard.

I mean that is what happened.

There was one favourable call to us in a solid 10-minute period which was a HTB against Greene that was missed. From there, every 50/50 decision went in favour of Essendon of which half were dubious. It directly led to three goals. I get frustrated at umpiring but like to think I’m fairly level-headed about calls, but it was bullshit to watch.

Well worked team goal there - Bennetts seems so sharp

He just seems to find an extra second in pressure, and find cleaner disposals out of it

His most influential game it feels

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean that is what happened.

There was one favourable call to us in a solid 10-minute period which was a HTB against Greene that was missed. From there, every 50/50 decision went in favour of Essendon of which half were dubious. It directly led to three goals. I get frustrated at umpiring but like to think I’m fairly level-headed about calls, but it was bullshit to watch.
Love the explanation… which you did not need to do.
my take would be a multiple series of 50:50 calls going against us…which statistically will occasionally happen

Maginness at times looks a way off getting back into the Hawks.

He's had a few clumsy plays off half back so far. Some neat linking plays and touches, but he just seems well off being one of the better Box Hill players. DGB too has had a very mixed game.

Last edited:
Like DGB just dropped a mark he should really take - a bit off this game unfortunately.

Umpire doing their ususal end of quarter special and giving the bombers a ton of questionable free kicks too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back