Autopsy Round 10, 2024: Hawks get pipped by Power

Remove this Banner Ad

Adding on those 19 seconds to the correct time is like adding 20 metres to a horse race designated distance.
Amongst other things , if owners and professional punters lost due to it , it would cause a major outcry

Can confirm Collingwood reviewed our last quarter yesterday. As a case of what NOT to do in a tight game.
Um...would anyone including our own coaches, show it for a purpose other than what NOT to do.

I am still not sure why Meek just didnt try and grab the ball out of the air and hold onto it.

If society hadn't conditioned me not to cry, I think I would.
Mojo, you can cry. It's better than razor blades and a warm bath.
It was a tremendous performance if you take the emotion of the loss out of it.

Finally. It was a very long quarter for a pretty low scoring one.
Need someone with sufficient OCD to go through the last quarter and check the time keeping.
When it all turns out to be bodgy, it'll be the start of the Timegate scandal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mojo, you can cry. It's better than razor blades and a warm bath.
It was a tremendous performance if you take the emotion of the loss out of it.

Finally. It was a very long quarter for a pretty low scoring one.
Need someone with sufficient OCD to go through the last quarter and check the time keeping.
When it all turns out to be bodgy, it'll be the start of the Timegate scandal.
When you play for stoppages like we did, the clock is always stopping so it is going to be a long quarter

I respect Lloyd's understanding of the game but I thought he was way too harsh on dimma. I mean, the bloke came over the top to punch it away but his teammates scuffed it up and then even worse, his direct opponent cheating out the back throws his boot at it for the winning goal. I'm more worried about Seamus feeling the need to hold rioli around the neck under the high ball. No need for that sort of panic. Oh, also, our last centre clearance set up was awful.

I respect Lloyd's understanding of the game but I thought he was way too harsh on dimma. I mean, the bloke came over the top to punch it away but his teammates scuffed it up and then even worse, his direct opponent cheating out the back throws his boot at it for the winning goal. I'm more worried about Seamus feeling the need to hold rioli around the neck under the high ball. No need for that sort of panic. Oh, also, our last centre clearance set up was awful.
It was Amon, not Seamus.

Last edited:
this always makes me laugh

View attachment 1995808

POV: Mods coming up with Autopsy thread titles

Animated GIF

After a week of reflection I’m still puzzled by the result.
We should have won, simple as that.
Did we choke. Who screwed up, the coaches, the players ?
We should not have lost this game and I’m still trying to work it out.
It’s baffling..

After a week of reflection I’m still puzzled by the result.
We should have won, simple as that.
Did we choke. Who screwed up, the coaches, the players ?
We should not have lost this game and I’m still trying to work it out.
It’s baffling..
Baffling?

A very mature and hardened team against a young side missing more key players. We played 3 quarters of great footy but they dominated the last quarter and played well enough in the last to just catch us.

What’s not to understand?

Last edited:
Baffling?

A very mature and hardened team against a young side missing more key players. We played 3 quarters of great footy but they dominated the last quarter and played well enough in the last to just catch us.

What’s not to understand?
If only it were that simple…
We should have won with that sort of three quarter time lead.
There were some strange decisions made by the players and the coaching staff in that last quarter.
Regardless of experience, we should have won that.
So many learnings I hope from this game.
Get it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back