Preview Round 10, 2024 : Port v Hawthorn, 3:20pm Sun 19th May, AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
CJ for me the question has never been around his talent and output, it's all about his durability.

How do we get his body to have the capacity to play 18+ games a year?

We always look a better side when he is in the team and in form. He adds a different dimension to the side with his ability to break lines (like Hill used to in the 3 peat teams).

Also his bravery is underrated, we all know how quick he is but he is as brave as anyone when it comes to backing into packs, etc.

Oops, yep you're right. Doesn't change the fact we've got him out there doing media this week, nor there being any reason to drop him.
You could have said the same about Ward last week, yet he was dropped. There needs to be someone who makes way for the inclusions. I believe CJ offers more than Mackenzie at the moment and Chol over MacDonald as we are in need of key forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be at this one, backing up my efforts from the Dogs game 2 weeks back.

I'll be happy with a competitive effort and Finlayson not getting a sniff. Would like to see our midfield give a yelp against em too- last year's first half was embarrassing. Hope to see Meek continue his good form- he should belt either Sweet or Visentini.

Their defence is mighty susceptible particularly against the smalls- if we can get enough inside 50s who knows...

Sam telling the presser that CJ won’t be sub, as it would mean that he could be called on at any moment which wouldn’t be great for him.

Dear better play. And I want Ward back too.
I'm at sixes and sevens as to how I think they should handle Calsher. I see the wisdom in playing him, and not playing him, easing his teenage body and mind into the rigours of senior footy. Ultimately, I think two games, one of which he was subbed out in, isn't enough.

Maybe he should play until Lewis finally gets back...

CJ Showed he is well capable of running out at least 3 quarters. Makes no point playing him as starting sub as he will get less than that (unless we are super unlucky with a first half injury. Start him on, and assuming no injuries take him off at 3 qtr time. If we do get an injury, then just ensure he gets the most rotations (if needed).

Chol coming back allows Dear to be the number 2 target in the forward line, except for when Chol chops out Meek in the ruck. Gunston to be given a rest for the road game.

I found the third cut very hard, ended up settling on Maginness, with Seamus to start as the sub.
I could also see Dear being given a rest, but would love to see how he goes with a true KPP next to him. I can't see both Dear and Guntson being rested.

My suggestion would be:

IN: Sicily, Chol, CJ
OUT: Scrimshaw, Gunston, Maginness

FB: Serong - Frost - Weddle
HB: Impey - Sicily - Day

R: Meek - Worpel - Newcombe
C: Amon - Moore - CJ

HF: Hardwick - Dear - Ginnivan
FF: Breust - Chol - Watson

INT: MacDonald - Nash - D’Ambrosio - Mackenzie
SUB: S.Mitchell

CJ Showed he is well capable of running out at least 3 quarters. Makes no point playing him as starting sub as he will get less than that (unless we are super unlucky with a first half injury. Start him on, and assuming no injuries take him off at 3 qtr time. If we do get an injury, then just ensure he gets the most rotations (if needed).

Chol coming back allows Dear to be the number 2 target in the forward line, except for when Chol chops out Meek in the ruck. Gunston to be given a rest for the road game.

I found the third cut very hard, ended up settling on Maginness, with Seamus to start as the sub.
I could also see Dear being given a rest, but would love to see how he goes with a true KPP next to him. I can't see both Dear and Guntson being rested.

My suggestion would be:

IN: Sicily, Chol, CJ
OUT: Scrimshaw, Gunston, Maginness

FB: Serong - Frost - Weddle
HB: Impey - Sicily - Day

R: Meek - Worpel - Newcombe
C: Amon - Moore - CJ

HF: Hardwick - Dear - Ginnivan
FF: Breust - Chol - Watson

INT: MacDonald - Nash - D’Ambrosio - Mackenzie
SUB: S.Mitchell
I doubt we drop Maginness, but I like it. Getting hard to fit everyone in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back