Autopsy Round 11 2018 Swans vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m sorry Joyce but how the **** are we carrying Ronke? Quiet on Friday yes but hardly being carried, in fact, it may well be the other way around!
I am being harsh but he is a handful of games into his career. As with Florent, is his first year he won’t light up the night sky every single game. I think the kid is brilliant but he is young. He needs more talls inside 50 to work his magic.

I am being harsh but he is a handful of games into his career. As with Florent, is his first year he won’t light up the night sky every single game. I think the kid is brilliant but he is young. He needs more talls inside 50 to work his magic.
Not sure about that a tall would help. With Papley the incumbent , he would most likely have to go (or Rohan or Cunningham). I can’t see Reid in for a while so he’ll keep doing what he’s doing, which is fine by me (having Ronke in)!

Rohan needs a spell in the 2’s

Get some confidence and bring him back for a finals tilt

I assumed that was why he was dropped in the first place, but he didn't play in the 2's and was selected again the following week. So I'm not sure what's going on there.

With a bit more cohesion inside 50 we could have had 3 x 50pt wins in a row.

We're getting it in there. At the Dome all will be revealed. If we have form we should show it there.

I assumed that was why he was dropped in the first place, but he didn't play in the 2's and was selected again the following week. So I'm not sure what's going on there.
It was probably more to do with attitude than it was performance. He must have lifted in training over the week which caused for his re-selection, but really no way to know :/

Coaches were foxing. Wouldn't have looked good to say rohan was rested/managed one wk, then papley the next just as we started playing the lesser/bottom 2 teams in lions and carlton. :D

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a observation thats all i tend to think percentage is a better indicator than wins/losses :)
I am not so sure....I tend to think percentage can be very circumstantial and there are a number of potential variables that impact percentage. Timing on when you play certain opposition can really impact percentage....think about later in the year if your draw has you playing sides in contention or not for example. I think win and losses is very objective and really is the best measure.

I am not so sure....I tend to think percentage can be very circumstantial and there are a number of potential variables that impact percentage. Timing on when you play certain opposition can really impact percentage....think about later in the year if your draw has you playing sides in contention or not for example. I think win and losses is very objective and really is the best measure.

Take for a example 2015 Fremantle finished on top with 17 wins and 118% but you always knew the GF was going to be between Eagles and Hawthorn who finished with 148% and 158%

Take for a example 2015 Fremantle finished on top with 17 wins and 118% but you always knew the GF was going to be between Eagles and Hawthorn who finished with 148% and 158%

Percentage is a good indicator.

It indicates that you can score heavily when you're dominating.

Which imo (without looking at anything) doesn't feel like we do very well.

* I hate myself for not validating this by looking at the data

Percentage is a good indicator.

It indicates that you can score heavily when you're dominating.

Which imo (without looking at anything) doesn't feel like we do very well.

* I hate myself for not validating this by looking at the data

I also think its a reflection of your attack and potency, going by points for we have scored 950 which is the lowest of all the top 8 sides with Port still a game in hand.

I also think its a reflection of your attack and potency, going by points for we have scored 950 which is the lowest of all the top 8 sides with Port still a game in hand.

We're 7th for Inside 50's and 8th for points scored.

We seem to be scoring at about the right rate for the number of entries we have.

Our number of entries being low is another issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back