Autopsy Round 11, 2024 : Hawks poach the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

İncredible how Ginni only gets talked about when he draws free kicks. Yet, the bloke has so much more traits to him. Works his arse off every game and love the way he gets inside packs and gets his hands dirty. Just a lazy 23 disposals across half frwd. What a pick up.
Btw, worps was instrumental in close but more importantly, on the outside as well. Looked so clean with the ball.
Ginni and Moore are two of the hardest working Half Forwards in the leauge.

Its such a hard position to play and we are lucky to have two players who can get low twenties disposals and a goal and a half a game.

That's absolute gold TBH.

If the AFL media weren't such self absorbed flogs they would have cottoned onto the fact by now that Ginni is having a great season but all they want to do is click bait journalism on the free kicks.

Ginni and Moore are two of the hardest working Half Forwards in the leauge.

Its such a hard position to play and we are lucky to have two players who can get low twenties disposals and a goal and a half a game.

That's absolute gold TBH.

If the AFL media weren't such self absorbed flogs they would have cottoned onto the fact by now that Ginni is having a great season but all they want to do is click bait journalism on the free kicks.
It’s funny, before he came to hawthorn I thought he’d be a goal sneak but has surprised me with his overall game. Great link up and high footy iq.

So … the tallest guy in the Hawks fwd line (Chol) has the most fwd 50 tackles. How does that happen?

I think he lulls the opposition into a false sense of security by looking like he has given up, the opposition think they have him done, and then powers into a tackle.

He is a lackadaisical viper. A disinterested mantis. The one guy you should fear, but the guy you discount as a threat.

And I love it.

If you talk to anyone outside of hawthorn Kellie and Derm are the two everyone hates calling their game. He’s stomachable coz he’s a hawk legend but a damn astute caller he certainly is not.

Well, you talk to a bunch of dills then.
His observations of what is taking place around the action of the ball, why players end up in the spots they do, why they make the decisions they are making, and other commentary stands out from the play callers who see ball and not much else.
In fact, his observations are often jumped on/built upon by other callers like Brad Johnston who love the insights he's illustrated.
If you want color, not just a call of chain of possession, then I reckon he's the best in the game.

Don't really give a **** what the other supporters think. They're just a bunch of torn arses he wrecked during his playing time and they never got well.

İncredible how Ginni only gets talked about when he draws free kicks. Yet, the bloke has so much more traits to him. Works his arse off every game and love the way he gets inside packs and gets his hands dirty. Just a lazy 23 disposals across half frwd. What a pick up.
Btw, worps was instrumental in close but more importantly, on the outside as well. Looked so clean with the ball.
I also love his cheekiness at stoppages, slow to get up so our guys can get set up, he raises his head and has a quick look, often he just knows. Has a shrewd footy head.

For the past few years , we are anilated by Sydney which seems we are the worst team in the comp.
Miraculously we begin our assent up mt ollmpous.

Was a great spectacle today to watch Meeksy go up against the Big O.

Even on days like today where you would say he probably got slightly beaten he still offers a lot to the team.
The Big O is a ruck killer if you take into account Champion Data

He is one of the best negating rucks going around for most rucks (apart from Gawn but Gawns gonna Gawn)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he'd play exclusively as a goal sneak, but his all-round game has been a pleasant surprise. He is a legitimate high half forward now, and he helps release Moore too.

Comparisons to last season:

Possessions: 9.1 ---> 15.2
Marks: 2.3 ---> 4.0
Tackles: 1.1 ---> 2.5

Was at the game. Chol huge. Tackling is ferocious and a beautiful measured left foot.
Worpel was huge today… the work around the ball and linking hand passes let us break open from stoppages. As was Newcombe particularly in the last. Gunston has his eye back and a mature head. Dear and Mackenzie know how to find separation and space. Naturals.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There is no team in the top 8 that would look forward to playing us right now.

We have Gunner Scrim and Sic last week we win. Simple.

I think it must’ve pissed Frosty off that we chased Mackay in the off season, he has been huge this year.

I love the watching this team grow and learn every week, we are going to be such a good side over the next couple of years.

RIP Big Kev, but like him, I’m ****in excited.

Go Hawkers!!!!

If Underwood is common tating I mute the TV and turn the radio on

I kid you not but my 8 yo old son refused to watch the game with me today unless I turned off the commentary.

He said their voices were hurting his ears. 🤷‍♂️

Ginni seems to have license to move himself where he thinks he is needed. Pops up all over the place.

A tremendous win by the team who bounced back from last weeks heartache and withstood a third quarter charge to get the points.
Highlight:
Gunners played a fantastic role. Defensive forward on Harris Andrew’s. used his body to put a little block on to stop him impacting, kicked 4 goals with 8 score involvements.
Massimo D’Ambrosio set the tone in the first with a great contested mark in our defensive 50. Took the game in with his run and carry. 4 tackles, 7 score involvements and 27 touches.
Mabior Chol and Calsher Dear are going to give defensive units a big headache. Both have fantastic defensive traits and aren’t afraid to do the hard stuff, while continuously launching at the ball. Kicked 5 between them today.
Ginnivan, Moore and croc have a ridiculous work rate and work ethic, giving outlet kicks from defence and then working forward. Crocs goal in the last came about from his tackle upfield.
Sam Frost again took the points in his match up. Spent time on Daniher and Sticks and was head and shoulders the winner of those battles.
Cam Mackenzie has gone from goal kicking yips to goal kicking Masterclass, once again hitting the scoreboard as a mid.
Daysy and Worps led the midfield well and both had some sublime touches going inside 50.
Sicily had a few scintillating slicing kicks that opened up scoring opportunities.
Nash in the last quarter kept Neale quiet, who looked like he was going to take the game away from Hawthorn.
The team is starting to believe and you can see something special building!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back