Review Round 12 vs Kangaroos at TIO Stadium, Saturday 4th June, 4:35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope you are right that he hasnt done his ACL, but the reason they put ice on is to try stop blood flow which will help swelling lol

The anterior cruciate ligament is not very vascular.

It doesn't bleed, it tears.

It's composed of ligamental tissue - it's one job is to connect muscle to bone.

Ice will do nothing to help the injury, or relieve pain.

The only thing that would bleed would be the patella capsule or muscle. Either is way better than an ACL. But still not great.

For disclosure I work in anaesthetics in theatre and do a lot of orthopaedics inc ACL reconstructions.

Obviously I haven't seen the stability / lateral movement tests - so of course an ACL tear is possible.

But icing the knee isn't treatment for an ACL - immobilizing the joint is, until it's repaired.

ds00555_ds00662_im02520_mcdc7_acl_injurythu_jpg.jpg

The fact Weller was holding the back of his knee - and that's where the ice went - is encouraging.
He will miss a fair period if its his cartilage (again - its non-vascular so not needing ice) - but is every chance to play finals.

It will either be brilliant news - a muscular tear or capsule damage, or terrible - an ACL

I'm sure he will be having an arthroscopy tomorrow to confirm either way.

Fingers crossed for him :thumbsu:

The anterior cruciate ligament is not very vascular.

It doesn't bleed, it tears.

It's composed of ligamental tissue - it's one job is to connect muscle to bone.

Ice will do nothing to help the injury, or relieve pain.

The only thing that would bleed would be the patella capsule or muscle. Either is way better than an ACL. But still not great.

For disclosure I work in anaesthetics in theatre and do a lot of orthopaedics inc ACL reconstructions.

Obviously I haven't seen the stability / lateral movement tests - so of course an ACL tear is possible.

But icing the knee isn't treatment for an ACL - immobilizing the joint is, until it's repaired.

ds00555_ds00662_im02520_mcdc7_acl_injurythu_jpg.jpg

The fact Weller was holding the back of his knee - and that's where the ice went - is encouraging.
He will miss a fair period if its his cartilage (again - its non-vascular so not needing ice) - but is every chance to play finals.

It will either be brilliant news - a muscular tear or capsule damage, or terrible - an ACL

I'm sure he will be having an arthroscopy tomorrow to confirm either way.

Fingers crossed for him :thumbsu:
Well aware how the ACL works having ruptured it twice. Correct me if im wrong, but if the knee is too swollen surgeons wont want to perform surgery straight away? If i am wrong im annoyed at some of my doctors previously hahah

Bad luck Lachie-devastating for him ,his family , the team and supporters.
Really starting to become the consistent player we had hoped for

I bet he wishes he'd signed whatever contract the Club had put in front of him yesterday poor guy:unamused:

Not certain Weller has done an ACL.
If you look at the replay, he actually stops the forward momentum of his leg by kicking his other leg whilst falling.
If anything I'd be leaning towards a strain, or even a cartilage issue.
He looked much calmer on the bench - AND HE HAD ICE ON HIS KNEE - ACL's don't require ice - damage is already done.

If I were a betting man - odds-on he hasn't done his ACL

Bad luck Lachie-devastating for him ,his family , the team and supporters.
Really starting to become the consistent player we had hoped for

I bet he wishes he'd signed whatever contract the Club had put in front of him yesterday poor guy:unamused:

Spoke to Lach for a while after the game. He's absolutely devastated (more than most) and he knows it is an ACL.

Such a clubman though. Through the tears, he was talking up how the club is in such a good spot and how his negative is going to give others their chance. I bloody love him. Look forward to him returning post bye round 23 for our run deep into the finals!

Spoke to Lach for a while after the game. He's absolutely devastated (more than most) and he knows it is an ACL.

Such a clubman though. Through the tears, he was talking up how the club is in such a good spot and how his negative is going to give others their chance. I bloody love him. Look forward to him returning post bye round 23 for our run deep into the finals!
That's a shame - arthroscopy Monday to confirm?

That's a genuine bummer.
Any other snippets you got mate?

Name dropper!

That's a genuine bummer.
Any other snippets you got mate?

Nothing to write home about. But Dewie is waiting with pen in hand for his contract lol. Also he snuck into maccas for a feed after the game. I wish that was satire, but it is factual.

Remember the bad old days Iva Bigun when we couldn't find a target by hand or foot?
You can not like Dew but when he came I hoped that his all-time ball skills would be translate into a lift in our standards
I think that hope has come to fruition
Remember it!!! I saw it in the first quarter 😁

Nothing to write home about. But Dewie is waiting with pen in hand for his contract lol. Also he snuck into maccas for a feed after the game. I wish that was satire, but it is factual.
In fairness we did score 60 points = free Big Mac

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it could be short lived but how great is it to see us equal 8th on the ladder in the second half of the season! Interestingly, we're only two wins behind 3rd as of right now.

BGDH9Oz.jpg
3-4 against the current Top 8 with only Geelong yet to be played from that group.

We on boys

3-4 against the current Top 8 with only Geelong yet to be played from that group.

We on boys
I'd really like our percentage to be a bit higher but I know we still have games to come against the bottom three (North, West Coast and Essendon) so we should have ample opportunity to address that later in the season.

Did anyone else find it amusing listening to the commentators trying their hardest to get the names of our players right but still failing? Jordan Lewis was talking about Budarick being an All-Australian in the next 2-3 years at one point and then corrected himself and said he mixed up Budarick with Ainsworth. The commentators will need to do their homework if we continue to play like this because that sort of mix up won't fly with the broadcasters if we're playing finals.

That second quarter is a big plus.
First quarter was poor, started slowly, looked sluggish, not much going right, missed a couple of goals, North got a couple of quick ones. Half the board went into melt down (fair enough, the evidence was there).

So to just turn it around and have a really great second quarter is a great sign. Came out and got the job done that needed doing, to a very high level.

The team is building some trust. Might even get to the point where we back ourselves in after a poor quarter.......maybe? No. Not yet.

That second quarter is a big plus.
First quarter was poor, started slowly, looked sluggish, not much going right, missed a couple of goals, North got a couple of quick ones. Half the board went into melt down (fair enough, the evidence was there).

So to just turn it around and have a really great second quarter is a great sign. Came out and got the job done that needed doing, to a very high level.

The team is building some trust. Might even get to the point where we back ourselves in after a poor quarter.......maybe? No. Not yet.

This was me in the first quarter.

3amgsb.jpg

How many weeks do we think Ainsworth will get? Raised his forearm and hit McKay in the head who will miss with concussion. I think one week, not too dissimilar to other actions that have got the same week.
I’ll be surprised if he gets a week , especially surprised if he gets more. Didn’t look to intentionally raise the elbow at all to me. Just collected Mackay as he ran by unfortunately. Rough conduct rather than a strike? Who knows, the tribunal is a raffle. Commentary didn’t even raise the possibility, just that it was accidental.

North supporters are blaming Eleni Gluftis 🤣🤣 yes she makes mistakes but all of the umpires do.. if she was a guy no one would even know who she was to be honest
I think she’s in general a poor umpire.

Other than the 50 where Graham kicked his goal, which was complete bullshit, I didn’t think she was too bad this week.

She’s umpired 59 games. I reckon we’ve had her about 15-20 games.

I think she’s in general a poor umpire.

Other than the 50 where Graham kicked his goal, which was complete bullshit, I didn’t think she was too bad this week.

She’s umpired 59 games. I reckon we’ve had her about 15-20 games.
Agree. There’s a reason she doesn’t umpire the big games in front of the huge crowds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back