Preview Round 13, Dreamtime in Darwin: Essendon vs Richmond, Marrara, Saturday 22/08/2020, 7:40 AEST

Chicken Dinner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I did find that strange considering I saw him intercept and fluff a basic handball to Hurley at one stage which pretty much summed up where our senior players are at.

You really just want to pick on one possession? He was solid, our leading intercept defender, was very clean by hand and foot and beat his direct opponent, far more players to be pointing the finger at than Gleeson

You really just want to pick on one possession? He was solid, our leading intercept defender, was very clean by hand and foot and beat his direct opponent, far more players to be pointing the finger at than Gleeson
Gleeson's gotten a lot more stick this year than previously. Probably because of Ridley bossing it

I'm almost relieved the season has slipped from our grasp, now the pressure is off for wins and we can watch the game looking for little things like exciting moments from kids or patches when the game plan starts to click.

It's much easier turning the tv on without the pressure of needing a win, now we just have to get time into the right players

If only we were there.

Hopefully Richmond pound us into oblivion. I'm getting so sick of going through the same thing year after year.

I wonder about the deep seeded psychology behind retaining Daniher and Fantasia and whether, at some point, it's another great reason to not have to confront reality. Just like the supplements saga was.

If only we were there.

Hopefully Richmond pound us into oblivion. I'm getting so sick of going through the same thing year after year.

I wonder about the deep seeded psychology behind retaining Daniher and Fantasia and whether, at some point, it's another great reason to not have to confront reality. Just like the supplements saga was.

One thing i dont think we will have to worry about is the tigers taking the foot off the throat. If they get on top of us it will be an absolute belting for 4 quarters.
An absolute thrashing by the team we are trying to copy would bring about some much needed scrutiny.

I dont want it to be this week though, a dreamtime game in Darwin is too special for this to be a one sided belting. Give us a good competitive game of football this week to mark the occasion, maybe put it on the radar as a possibility every few years.

Last edited:
In - Crauford, mozzie, Redman, francis, Smith
Out - mckernan, cutler, guelfi, Clarke, Mckenna
I don’t believe in dropping players after one game, so Mutch and begley get another go. I don’t care if mozzie isn’t ready, he’ll at least provide pressure.

Why was the club so certain that Rutten was the best man to take over the coaching role?
Why no extensive, leave no stone unturned quest to find the absolute best candidate out there?
Apart from him sending the team backwards from previous seasons, he comes across as a bit of an air head to me, you here a lot of the other senior coaches talk and immediately think, gee he’s impressive to listen to, Rutten is a long way off giving me that impression.

We missed the boat with Stewy Dew.

If only we were there.

Just heard a bloke on the radio say we have lost 3 by under a kick, with a bit of luck we are top 4 with a game in hand

In endemic the mindset!

Just heard a bloke on the radio say we have lost 3 by under a kick, with a bit of luck we are top 4 with a game in hand

In endemic the mindset!
Are you surprised? There's plenty on here that had their head in the sand pretending everything was fine and dandy after the Adelaide game.

Are you surprised? There's plenty on here that had their head in the sand pretending everything was fine and dandy after the Adelaide game.

It's true, except that we were only within a kick when losing is indicative that we're a pretty poor side more than being Top-4 quality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Smack, Begley, McKenna, Cutler, Mutch, Guelfi
In: Whoevers left

If they bring Bellchambers back I'll spew. Let Draper build some confidence against a mediocre ruck like Soldo

In - Daniher, Fantasia, Hooker, Smith, Francis
Out - McKernan, Clarke, Townsend, Cutler, Guelfi

Are all those ins fit? ****ed if I know. Just wanna see something...

B Saad - BZT - Francis
HB Ridley - Hurley - McKenna
C Snelling - Parish - Mutch
HF Smith - Daniher - Fantasia
F Stewart - Hooker - Tippa
R Draper - Shiel - McGrath
Int. Gleeson - Merrett - Langford - Begley

Then we bring back Stringer next week and get to see what this fantasy of a fit forward line looks like.

I think the experience of Rutten and Caracella will do wonders, but half the list is injured so this season is more about learnings. This seems to be the problem to me.

- Overhead and contested marking is very weak. I'm amazed how many marks are dropped or aren't even attempted, it's bizarre.
- Fitness and strength looks really down this year. The team just don't look fit. Lagging behind opponents etc
- A heavy reliance on hand balling, but it's passive aggressive because ball use and disposal is not very poised or effective or confident.
- Hack kicks are ok sometimes, but you need to be more level headed than that as it often leads to a turnover.
- leading ahead of an opponent, just a lack of energy or wanting to gain possession, leading etc.

That's exactly what he's doing, it's kind of the whole point of 'easing him into it'...

typical essendon crap.

the bloke is either ready or he’s not. This isn’t under 14s. If he needs shielding he’s not ready and should not have been promised the gig stand alone 12 months out from it. It’s a joke and this rutten clown is proving to be utterly incompetent while woosha just laughs away on the bench.

would be shocked if this is less than 70 point loss. We could lose by 100 and these idiots would be happy with something unrelated to football. Get them out for god sake.

waiting for the excuses.. but injuries... but new game plan... what a joke of a club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back