Preview Round 13 - Essendon Bombers vs Carlton Blues - Sunday, June 11th - 7:15 pm - For The Emblem!!!

* Carlton?

• * Carlton!

Votes: 34 89.5%
  • * Carlton!

Votes: 26 68.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
shattered that jones is out for the season with that back, he'd be good in conjunction 2mp & weiders
He’s not out with the back, he’s out with an ankle reconstruction which they did early because of the back injury.

He should be right for preseason though (so don’t write him off… why would they get him right for pre-season and then delist?)

He’s not out with the back, he’s out with an ankle reconstruction which they did early because of the back injury.

He should be right for preseason though (so don’t write him off… why would they get him right for pre-season and then delist?)
ah fair, makes sense. having had some ankle injuries in the past it's never fun to deal with. i doubt he'd be delisted, it'd be shooting ourselves in the foot as a club.

i feel like once our forward line starts firing and there's limited injuries it'd be hard to replace anyone, davey's got genuine talent, menzie is improving a ton, 2mp is a proven quantity and with jones/ weides in the side it'll be hard to defend (hopefully)

ah fair, makes sense. having had some ankle injuries in the past it's never fun to deal with. i doubt he'd be delisted, it'd be shooting ourselves in the foot as a club.

i feel like once our forward line starts firing and there's limited injuries it'd be hard to replace anyone, davey's got genuine talent, menzie is improving a ton, 2mp is a proven quantity and with jones/ weides in the side it'll be hard to defend (hopefully)
+ Langers and Stringer.

Still think we need to find a very good KPF. Is possible that Jones gets there but hard to imagine Weid ever being a premiership KPF. In due course, we probably need to find a free agent or do an aggressive trade. Melb won a premiership without strong KPFs but had so many other good players (including Fritsch), they got away with it. The likes of Cats, Tigers and Eagles who have won flags in recent times have generally had 2 very good or elite KPFs (maybe not so much the Tigers in 2017 but they did have Riewoldt before adding Lynch).

we need to have a seperate thread where we send posters that have these pissy little arguments to battle it out for a day or two then we can all vote who is being the most petty and then they get awarded the sandy vagina badge for the week

+ Langers and Stringer.

Still think we need to find a very good KPF. Is possible that Jones gets there but hard to imagine Weid ever being a premiership KPF. In due course, we probably need to find a free agent or do an aggressive trade. Melb won a premiership without strong KPFs but had so many other good players (including Fritsch), they got away with it. The likes of Cats, Tigers and Eagles who have won flags in recent times have generally had 2 very good or elite KPFs (maybe not so much the Tigers in 2017 but they did have Riewoldt before adding Lynch).
honestly langers can play anywhere on the ground, he's such a versatile player, and while it's been very obvious this season that he can dominate as a forward (24 goals which is excellent for us imo) he's also done well playing along the wing (not that we're in dire need of one atm) but also in the backline. he's someone we need to hang on to.

i think stringer does his best work playing in the middle because his explosiveness works so well with our current forward line, and while we did recruit him as a forward and he has done well, it'll be interesting to see where he'll play if our forward line ends up being like davey/wright/menzie and guelfie/weideman/langford (or something, that's just off the top of my head and there's no certainty that davey wouldn't be playing up the ground)

Coming into this season I thought Essendon was bottom 6, but with signs of improvement. (I also hoped we'd be getting more games in Tsatas, Reid and Cox).

I thought Carlton was top 4.

Well, if we win this and GWS beat lolNorf then Carlton are bottom 4 and we're top 6. That is very funny.

However, I think even with the crap Carlton has served up this year if they're playing for their season they have the tools that are kryptonite to us. Their bigger midfield "should" dominate the clearances. Two tall Coleman medalists "should" dominate our undersized backline. If we keep bombing it forward like we did last week Weitering and McGovern should have a field day.

The one thing that gives me faith is the fact that we've shown this year that we can change up a game plan in a week and execute well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coming into this season I thought Essendon was bottom 6, but with signs of improvement. (I also hoped we'd be getting more games in Tsatas, Reid and Cox).

I thought Carlton was top 4.

Well, if we win this and GWS beat lolNorf then Carlton are bottom 4 and we're top 6. That is very funny.

However, I think even with the crap Carlton has served up this year if they're playing for their season they have the tools that are kryptonite to us. Their bigger midfield "should" dominate the clearances. Two tall Coleman medalists "should" dominate our undersized backline. If we keep bombing it forward like we did last week Weitering and McGovern should have a field day.

The one thing that gives me faith is the fact that we've shown this year that we can change up a game plan in a week and execute well.
This is essentially my thoughts too

If evert here was a line in the sand moment for this football club we support so passionately then this is the week.

We've had moments to stamp ourselves, we've had opportunities to cement a spot but this game is a statement game that we as a football club have progressed from the basket case, laughing stock we have been for 20 years.

Not withstanding a blow out and we dominate but should it be a brilliant game and we do lose, im ok with this for losing to a better team but to roll over so measly needs to be a thing of the past if we are to be taken seriously in a game that really will define us as a football club moving forward.

daresay that nic cox will need some VFL time
Handy option to put in defence and cut off mckays balls.
193 - lav
195 - zerk
200 - cox is a nice in

Carlton arent the sharpest kicking, handballing side in the comp either.

Carlton have something you can't simulate - desperation and pressure to perform.

We are already at the win total most had us at, so dropping this to a desperate opponent would be easy.

We are every chance of losing this, it's at least 50/50 and I would lean Carlton without seeing the teams.
Pressure or not, they should beat us.
They're a supposed finals team in a rut.

That being said, we've pushed some teams far better than them this season, and we get wright back.

Carlton have something you can't simulate - desperation and pressure to perform.

We are already at the win total most had us at, so dropping this to a desperate opponent would be easy.

We are every chance of losing this, it's at least 50/50 and I would lean Carlton without seeing the teams.

That is why beating them when they come with the fire would be a huge step forward for the club as a whole, let alone the team we put on the park this week.

Handy option to put in defence and cut off mckays balls.
193 - lav
195 - zerk
200 - cox is a nice in

Carlton arent the sharpest kicking, handballing side in the comp either.
yeah i spose that’s true, i just worry about rushing him in, but i’d 100% want our best side in to beat the blues

Pressure or not, they should beat us.
They're a supposed finals team in a rut.

That being said, we've pushed some teams far better than them this season, and we get wright back.

Their current game plan just isn’t working for them.

I hate to say it, but North were able to apply a significant amount of pressure for large portions of our game on Sunday.

I don’t think Carlton will be able to do that.

We are equipped to beat them provided we are switched on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back