Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MortMort

Cancelled
Nov 25, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Nash always looked like a kpd to me. At this point, we should give him a shot back there and see what he can do. In the vfl I mean. Seems he will likely be delisted this year. It worked out well for Kosi, switching him to the other end. 🤷‍♂️
Play on Wing where he has room to use his speed and height like Bliavs of Geelong

jameses

All Australian
Jun 29, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Thats because he is a very good VFL player, but thats about it.

I know the kid has some great athletic abilities but not enough footy ability or smarts to be an AFL player.

I never thought I would see another Hawthorn player to rival Will Langford and Ben Stratton as the worst set shot kick for goal I have ever seen, but sadly Nash takes it to another level.

As we rebuild our team I just don't see how we can carry him on our list going forward.
I was just responding to someone who said they were confused why Nash continually gets brought up in selection discussions. He is a constant performer in the VFL, and that's the best way to get a gig in the AFL team. Our other players, and some of the favourites on here, do not perform of the level of Nash in the VFL.

perrdan86

Team Captain
Mar 2, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Lakers - Man Utd - Rams - Yankees
If you read Sam Mitchell's review of the Box Hill scrimmage match, Nash probably gets the highest praise of all the players.

I dont think its the first time he's played well in the VFL.. problem is, it really hasnt shown any signs of translating at the top level.

I dont think Sam was that glowing of him to be honest. 'Solid contributor' and 'played well' dont scream having a being best on ground?

Maybe the role he plays in the VFL is different? I actually dont know.

"Don't let Mark Johnson walk off the field"

Fcuk Essendon and their pet Goldspink. I'd have loved to see someone on the verge of retirement take him out in a Hawks/Essendon game.

jameses

All Australian
Jun 29, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I dont think its the first time he's played well in the VFL.. problem is, it really hasnt shown any signs of translating at the top level.

I dont think Sam was that glowing of him to be honest. 'Solid contributor' and 'played well' dont scream having a being best on ground?

Maybe the role he plays in the VFL is different? I actually dont know.
Oh no, not best on ground. What bugs me is that if anyone mentions Nash as a potential in it gets immediately shut down, but he consistently has better reviews than players like Maginness and Greaves yet they are regarded on this board as better options. Obviously, those reviews by Mitchell on the Hawthorn website are basic, so we probably shouldn't even bother reading them anyway.

This is not aimed at you, but I remember last year (and in 2019) people announcing that Morrison would never make it. The guy only turned 22 at the end of last year, but because he wasn't producing consistently like you would expect of a veteran, many suggested that we dump him and move on to the next big thing. What I am trying to say is that fans want quick fixes, but some players take longer than others. If Nash is continuously playing at a high standard in the VFL, we should do our best to eek out as much of the talent we can at the highest level.

perrdan86

Team Captain
Mar 2, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Lakers - Man Utd - Rams - Yankees
Oh no, not best on ground. What bugs me is that if anyone mentions Nash as a potential in it gets immediately shut down, but he consistently has better reviews than players like Maginness and Greaves yet they are regarded on this board as better options. Obviously, those reviews by Mitchell on the Hawthorn website are basic, so we probably shouldn't even bother reading them anyway.

This is not aimed at you, but I remember last year (and in 2019) people announcing that Morrison would never make it. The guy only turned 22 at the end of last year, but because he wasn't producing consistently like you would expect of a veteran, many suggested that we dump him and move on to the next big thing. What I am trying to say is that fans want quick fixes, but some players take longer than others. If Nash is continuously playing at a high standard in the VFL, we should do our best to eek out as much of the talent we can at the highest level.

Yeah that is fair. Dont get me wrong, nothing would make me happier if he proves me totally wrong and can become a solid contributor at AFL level. I was absolutely one after last season to think Morrison wasnt going to make it. Couldnt be happier to eat humble pie on that one. Hes looked a different player this year and I hope Nash can do the same because he does have some amazing physical attributes.

It has just been hard with Nash because for me personally i havent seen anything at the highest level. And maybe he just needs to get a good string of games to build his self confidence at that level. I could totally understand that. Again, i hope he totally proves me wrong.

I think from my point of view, ive seen a decent amount of Nash at AFL level and would probably just like to see more of Jeka, and maybe Saunders? at afl get a shot too. I found even going into last weekend i was so excited to watch the game to see a new kid (Duke) get his first run.

I dont see any VFL, but i guess the coaches are seeing him do something there to justify being selected. I just hope the role hes playing well in at VFL level is similar to the role hes been asked to play at AFL level, or it would probably make it hard on the kid?

Looks like Tom Phillips dropped, judging by the BHH team. Obviously they always name the entire Sunday extended benchbut gets a specific write up in the notes?

rei154

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Tflip named in box Hill side?
I wouldn't immediately assume so- BHH typically name an extended bench based on our extended bench- Tflip currently on the interchange as opposed to starting on field is all.

Edit: All of Jeka, Morris, Newcombe, Brocky & Nash are named on field for BHH too- wouldn't read into it until 5pm

CHUBBSS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Looks like Tom Phillips dropped, judging by the BHH team. Obviously they always name the entire Sunday extended benchbut gets a specific write up in the notes?

Could Jeka be the swap for Phillips and a shuffling of the magnets to fill?

Jul 6, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Nash shouldn’t be getting a game. Had too many opportunities at AFL level without obvious improvement. Timmy O plays as a key defender or for Box Hill. With Kosi, Lewis, Jeka, Gunston and the resting ruckman there is no place for him as a key marking forward for obvious reasons. Not sure what went wrong with Brockman and Downie with so much promise leading into the season (early doors still) but they should be getting a game ahead of Morris and Cousins. We still need more pace and skill in the side. Bring the same intensity as last week we should win this one. Go Hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CHUBBSS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Nash shouldn’t be getting a game. Had too many opportunities at AFL level without obvious improvement. Timmy O plays as a key defender or for Box Hill. With Kosi, Lewis, Jeka, Gunston and the resting ruckman there is no place for him as a key marking forward for obvious reasons. Not sure what went wrong with Brockman and Downie with so much promise leading into the season (early doors still) but they should be getting a game ahead of Morris and Cousins. We still need more pace and skill in the side. Bring the same intensity as last week we should win this one. Go Hawks.
Not this game but their is still time for nash, could be a versatile tall. One thing that annoys me with him from the last game is he doesn’t hurt the opposition with tackles or pressure, his got a big frame he needs some angry pills

Disappointed that Reeves is running around at Box Hill. Rounding out the season in the seniors would have been an ideal segue into next season vis-a-vis CJ last year.

He still can finish the season in the seniors. Cegs deserved to retain his spot after last week though.

Who has that position as the season goes on depends on what they do game day.

Unlucky for Reeves he was injured last week but "don't give a sucker an even break" and all that.

Disappointed that Reeves is running around at Box Hill. Rounding out the season in the seniors would have been an ideal segue into next season vis-a-vis CJ last year.

He got a chance to play at AFL level and showed some really good signs. I don’t think playing him in the VFL for the rest of the year will hurt.

Box Hill are likely to feature in the finals and Reeves would be coming up against decent opposition which would be great for his development.

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets

I'm all for Ceglar (Howe and TOB) to be binned for younger players. But credit where it's due, Ceglar was tremendous against Sydney.

Reeves was just unlucky. I expect that Ceglar will return to his usual form, maybe as soon as this week, and we will see Reeves back in the team before long. But if Ceglar keeps playing like this then it's only good for us, he may greatly improve his trade value.

Apr 18, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Six decades of domination

Not a great message to send to the players to drop a guy who was arguably BOG.

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Nuke the bastards Duke…
DukeVsScum.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back