TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn
O’Brien could play in defence.
He will for sure.

I reckon our midfield has it on theirs. They are running really thin. Missing McGrath, Shiel, Caldwell.

Mitchell, JOM, Jai, Chad, Shiels, Howe, Phillips, Bramble vs
Merrett, Parish, Langford, Ham, Cutler.

We could run all over the top of them. Hoping Jai brings enormous heat on Merrett and Parish all day.

Mrzohs

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Our midfield is the most balanced it has looked this year, not necessarily the best but i am happy with the mix. The first time this season we haven't had 2 plodders on a wing. Looking forward to see what Bramble can produce and Newcombe again.

- Reeves is the unlucky one, has done nothing wrong a senior players gets called up and performs a blinder we seldom see. 50/50.
- Outside chance down in tassie, I would love nothing more than to knock them off twice. Go boys.

Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He will for sure.

I reckon our midfield has it on theirs. They are running really thin. Missing McGrath, Shiel, Caldwell.

Mitchell, JOM, Jai, Chad, Shiels, Howe, Phillips, Bramble vs
Merrett, Parish, Langford, Ham, Cutler.

We could run all over the top of them. Hoping Jai brings enormous heat on Merrett and Parish all day.
We should be able to able to stretch them on this ground with our runners.
Reckon TOb stays forward for structure.
Frosty to hooker, burgoyne to string, CJ/scrim/day on Harry Jones and one of cj/scrim/day playing loose or 3rd man up. We will give them plenty of problems running it out with this new mobile backline set up. CJ and Day can play above their heights because of elite judgement and athleticism

Stratton24

Premiership Player
Aug 29, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We should be able to able to stretch them on this ground with our runners.
Reckon TOb stays forward for structure.
Frosty to hooker, burgoyne to string, CJ/scrim/day on Harry Jones and one of cj/scrim/day playing loose or 3rd man up. We will give them plenty of problems running it out with this new mobile backline set up. CJ and Day can play above their heights because of elite judgement and athleticism
Who plays on Wright?

I can only think that they are looking to see if there is any reason why they shouldn't delist him at the end of the year.
Still only 22 and a reasonable size, they may feel he still has an outside chance of making it.
I would be OK if Nash is the last player on our list in 3 years time. Another 60 VFL games and surely he is a far superior player to now who can play most positions on the ground and is starting to peak with power and fitness. Might be really slow burn project. And really good to have for our cap.

Reckon we are a decent chance on Sunday based on the teams.
If we can get control and ascendency in the middle and defend like Friday night we should get the 4 points.

Good luck to Bramble!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Who plays on Wright?
The collingwood list boss?

But seriously, he playing?

Hmmm we will be light on but I think the structure will be similar. If we can work the third man up as day or CJ we should be OK.

Make them worry about us. If it hits the deck how are they going to stop the yoyo attack with impey, frost, CJ, day and scrim

Swans were ordinary last week, and we’re going to have to kick another 14+ goals to win this, and we average 10. it will be tough.

The one thing I would say that holds us in good stead considering we only added Day back last week and with how young our group is that we‘re already the second best rebound 50 side in the comp, and we’ve just added a couple more players to the side this week who can run and carry.

Swans were ordinary last week, and we’re going to have to kick another 14+ goals to win this, and we average 10. it will be tough.

The one thing I would say that holds us in good stead considering we only added Day back last week and with how young our group is that we‘re already the second best rebound 50 side in the comp, and we’ve just added a couple more players to the side this week who can run and carry.
Isn't that because we have the most defensive 50 entries?

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn

When you say we are the second best rebound side in the comp, we have an advantage over other teams because we concede so many inside fifties 🤪

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
When you say we are the second best rebound side in the comp, we have an advantage over other teams because we concede so many inside fifties 🤪

Yeah probably need to do that on a % basis, inside 50s conceded per scores conceded.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back