Preview Round 14, 2021: Hawthorn v Essendon @ UTAS, Sun 3:20PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if Mitch Lewis should come straight back in. Not certain his form was anything outstanding, plus Kozi and Obrien actually worked heaps better together. Obrien was competing, crashing packs, got up the ground a little, chasing, but he is probably the most frustrating player to watch. What a player he would be if he could hold more marks. It wouldn't hurt him knocking on Dutchy Holland's door for advice on how to take a strong grab.
Mitch should not even be considered until he can fix his half hearted attempt at anything that resembles intent.

Don't reckon anyone is getting dropped from that squad unless they're the sub or forced out through injury.

Hoping we appeal and Worpel gets off, that'd leave

Out: Morris, Morrison
In: Brockman, Bramble/Downie

Potentially unpopular but i'd make Burgoyne the sub. He looked very slow on Friday night and I wouldn't mind striking while the iron is hot with our kids confidence up.

If Worpel is out, then Cousins (for Worps), Greaves (for Burgs), Lewis in.
Burgoyne sub, Morris, Morrison, Worpel out.

Essendon have an undersized group of tall defenders so i'd happily bring Lewis back or try and exploit that a little.

Agree. I've been huge on letting Cegs go and Reeves playing but Cegs got his chance and smashed it out of the park this week. Has to keep his spot.
Very true.

It would be like promoting a key forward from the VFL who then kicks 5+ goals and then dropping him.

I agree the Reeves obviously has greater long term potential but if your shooter is hot you feed them the ball!

Potentially unpopular but i'd make Burgoyne the sub. He looked very slow on Friday night and I wouldn't mind striking while the iron is hot with our kids confidence up.

If Worpel is out, then Cousins (for Worps), Greaves (for Burgs), Lewis in.
Burgoyne sub, Morris, Morrison, Worpel out.

Essendon have an undersized group of tall defenders so i'd happily bring Lewis back or try and exploit that a little.

Hard disagree, Burgoyne had some slow moments early but he predominantly played on a red hot Heeney and kept him out of the game. Burgoyne's leadership, if nothing else, is still necessary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reeves has to come back in for mine, we need development not wins, Ceglar showed why he's on the list and what he can do as back up. Unless we try and increase his trade value to a side like Brisbane or Bulldogs that need a back up ruckmen.
To be honest I have no issues with an in form ceglar playing. Reeves' development will come by playing games and more preseasons in the gym. He is so young that it doesn't matter if the games are box Hill or Hawthorn imo. Better to reward players in form which encourages everyone to lift their standards. I reckon finn will have a good hard look at Newcombe's game and be thinking, I need to raise my level

Very interesting game. We jumped the swans with intent and pressure after a 10 day break of soul searching while they were flat after a strong run and two short breaks. The small ground also helped us maintain the pressure as we loaded up on inside mids.

Won’t have the same advantage against the dons who have looked better than us this season. And cegs getting 11 clearances and us clearly winning free kicks is a combo that I don’t think we’ll ever see again.

We rarely make changes after a win. Morris at risk - maybe bramble comes in? Hard to see cegs being dropped.

Don't reckon anyone is getting dropped from that squad unless they're the sub or forced out through injury.

It’s a no brainer, it needs to be appealed.

Worpel suspension is a joke.

Prefer not to bring Cousins back - his kicking is not AFL standard (sadly)

Would be happy to rotate Wingard & Brewst (spl.) through the middle as required.

Downie was meant to play Rnd1 against the Scum …so maybe this time he can actually play (Morrison replacement)
My Most Hatred and I don't hate or anything in my life But this Club is an expectation endorsement to Hate!

Beat this Evil and Corruption of the 7 AFL!

Adverts of Money, Drugs and Scandals who display illegal and illeciicit conduct of play to achieve premiership success.

Then we All sleep well for the New Year.
💪👍😁

I’d be surprised if we see Gunston again this year.
Reckon club will be really conservative

Depends on whether they want to trade him or not. Who knows... maybe we are really going to hit the draft and look to moving on Mitchell and Gunners. If that is the case, they will hope he plays some games and does well. We also seem to have stacked up on forwards over the past number of years with Lewis, Kosi, Callow, Morris, Jeka, Brockers, S. Mitchell, etc. On top of that we still have relatively young players in Hanrahan, Nash, Moore, etc.

Agreed. Assume if Worps is out then Cuz comes in. Do we also need to consider an extra tall down back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back