Game Day Round 14, 2021: Hawthorn v Essendon @ UTAS, Sun 3:20PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m looking forward to seeing how Cousins goes with Newcombe next to him. I wish him the best, but his disposal isn’t good enough so I’ve sort of discounted him as a player. For me, if my opinion’s ever going to change, I’m thinking today’s the day.

I’m looking forward to seeing how Cousins goes with Newcombe next to him. I wish him the best, but his disposal isn’t good enough so I’ve sort of discounted him as a player. For me, if my opinion’s ever going to change, I’m thinking today’s the day.
Although Cousins has the experience advantage, the BH game today saw a few guys that will pressure Cousins.. Saunders especially. One would think he will debut this year. Downie should get another crack at some stage too.

Although Cousins has the experience advantage, the BH game today saw a few guys that will pressure Cousins.. Saunders especially. One would think he will debut this year. Downie should get another crack at some stage too.
From what I’ve seen & read here, Saunders looks excellent. Light frame but great game sense and clearly better skills at the lower level. Can’t wait to see him debut 👍

Essendon are very much like Adelaide from a few years ago when they were hanging around the top. Look great when their midfield controls things; easily beatable when you make them run defensively.

Essendon look finals bound if you allow them to be a purely attacking midfield. As soon as they need to run defensively, they look bottom 4.

If we play that trash hugging the boundary line, chip-chip, handballing to stationary target gameplan that we've trotted out for most of this year; they'll roll us as it plays right into their strengths.

Agreed. Cousins is a very good VFL football but just not good enough at AFL level, sort of a poor man's Crouch brothers. The reduced interchange, 6-6-6 and need for on-ballers to be able to play in other spots has not helped him. I just don't see him getting much better and hence it is a bit make or break. Really wish Finn was developing quicker.

I don't know if Telstra is still doing their Kayo deal; but a while back they were giving Kayo subscriptions for $5/mth to replace Telsta LivePass. Billed monthly cancel anytime. You could potentially get that, enjoy the game, then cancel before the end of the month - for less than the price of a beer.
I go 50/50 with my bro, $12 per month .

Great value . I know some people have issues with it but its been great for me .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where has Brockman been?

No Box Hill and now not sub?

Just showed him on the tv in the rooms pre-game with the boys, was wearing trackies.
Got around Burgs before the players exited the room and Burgo gave him a big smile and bro hug.
The fellas looked amped, hope they show it on the field.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back