Round 14 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came 4th for the week (actually with 2305). Lost by 7 points so obviously choosing Gawn's 151 vc against going with my original gut feel and staying with Grundy as captain has cost me $1.000. :mad: :(
Oh no, bugger mate :(

Your idea was spot on though targeting a bye round, do it again next year, who knows

I'm not fussed with Gawns 151 in SC, but I also took his 129 in DT, 1 of Macrae or Grundy would've been nice instead there...

Anyways, 2019 for the week, only moved up about 300 spots to 1004th

The byes were a massive failure and all down to Round 13 which has killed my rank

You need to upgrade Brayshaw to Duncan this week!!
Not a lot of cash generation, Brad, unless I traded Parker down to Logue, but I'm a bit reluctant to trade him as at least he's an F7 getting games. I am considering though.

Still good. Shame you couldn't the prize.
This was in SC, Peanut. Put up a side solely with the purpose of winning round 14. If Gawn had scored around 130 instead of 151, I would have stayed with Grundy as captain and would therefore have won the week.

Only lost 8 points to the leader.
How much cash in the bank amos?
Worpel to Daniel now and Guthrie/Duursma to Whitfield in a couple of weeks.
$56,100, Bandicoot.

This was in SC, Peanut. Put up a side solely with the purpose of winning round 14. If Gawn had scored around 130 instead of 151, I would have stayed with Grundy as captain and would therefore have won the week.
Yeah, I kept up with the discussion after you first posted that you were going for the weekly in SC in the last round of they byes last week. With the amount of entries and other people likely doing the same thing, you crushed it. Would have been good to see you win it. Such a tough call with captain, you never know which is the right way to go until it's too late.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was good to see that BF RDT FC & assoc scored one of the highest weekly scores this week. Gained over 2000 on the leaders.

Yeah, I kept up with the discussion after you first posted that you were going for the weekly in SC in the last round of they byes last week. With the amount of entries and other people likely doing the same thing, you crushed it. Would have been good to see you win it. Such a tough call with captain, you never know which is the right way to go until it's too late.
I was a little surprised as to how many different players we had in our squads. The winner had Parker, Marshall, Gray, Rich, Merrett & Ross in his counted 18 as against my Yeo, Henderson, Stewart, Treloar, Crisp & Dunkley. What hurt me was that I had Neale and Kelly as non scorers (along with Worpel and Hore. He had Worpel, Johannisen, Darling and Sicily. Don't know who he had as captain.
If Neale and/or Kelly had performed anywhere near their averages I would have won easily.

I was so much hoping that Grundy would score no more than 151.

I am so honoured that the 3rd placed guy has Guthrie as well! Has been driving me insane lately but glad to see that success is still possible with him. But you really need to get rid of him ASAP. But if he starts playing a more defensive role like he did in the last qtr this week, then he may yet be a decent premo...

I am so honoured that the 3rd placed guy has Guthrie as well! Has been driving me insane lately but glad to see that success is still possible with him. But you really need to get rid of him ASAP. But if he starts playing a more defensive role like he did in the last qtr this week, then he may yet be a decent premo...
Hold firm, R&W. He's owned by 563 coaches, has a BE of 63 and is averaging close enough to 90. He's unique. If everyone had the same players, you're just treading ground, not bridging it. So for us, he's not really a priority upgrade at all. It's more likely Bray will go before any of the backs before one becomes Whitfield.

The downside of rolling lockout = Took the C of Macrae to bank Gawn's 129 VC score :'(
I did similar with Yeo over Grundy. Still think it is the best strategy in general. In the absolute worst case scenario (i.e. this weekend) you miss out on ~50 points, but at least you still have that mammoth scorer on your books even if they are not captain.

The absolute worst case scenario if you don't take a ~130 VC is a first minute injury to your C. Then you miss out on ~130 points, and you've got a dud injury score to deal with as well.

The more I play this game, the more I realise it is about minimising the worst case scenario. Because generally the worst case scenario will happen lol.

How so?
20 lost
20 gained

???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back