Round 14 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm doing the following -

Georgiades > Riccardi
Rankine > J.Martin
McPherson > Sheppard

Just have M8 left to upgrade with $57k in the kitty and 3 trades left.

Won't trade again till byes are over.

Pretty happy with the team considering I have had to go for a few value picks (A.Brayshaw, Sheppard and J.Martin) in the end to finish the team due to lack of funds.

And I have kept Gawn through it all.

giphy.gif
team.JPG

Need help with trades this week. so torn on these options

Option 1:

Neale to Jmac
Bell to Mozzie

Bring in Martin next week, and Brayshaw to Neale in two weeks time - leaving me with 1-2 trades

Option 2:

Neale to Steele
Bell to Mozzie
Sturt to Jack Martin

Bring back Neale in two weeks - leaving me with 2 trades

Team:

View attachment 945302
Option 2

Any advice please:

Only 6 trades left, so 3 trades r14/15 and then keep 3 for r17/18

Happy to keep Serong @m8 for last upgrade

Possible trade out players: Simpson, McPherson, Oscar (wish I had picked NN when I traded gawn!), Close, Draper last

Considering trade in players:

Premo- Jelly, Dusty, Zerrett , NN, Gawn

Value picks: Lukosius, Jack Martin, Rowbottom, Dev Smith, Brander for link with Luk

Rookies - not really interested unless I have to bc I have CLose, Schoen, Bytel to cull in r17 if needed, and not sold on MOzzie/Riccardi JS

Bank: $158K

This week: player count includes Serong and Draper bc not trading until after byes

1. Simpson + McPherson > Jelly + rookie = r14: 19 + 1 rookie, r15: 17 + 1 rookie, r16: 21

2. Simpson + Oscar > 2 value: Lukosius + Jack Martin = r14: 20 + 1 rook, r15: 17 + 1 rook, r16: 21

3. Simpson + McPherson+ Oscar > Premo + 1 value + 1 rookie: Kelly + Mozzie + J.Martin = r14: 20 +1rook, r15: 17 + 1 rook

4. Simpson + McPherson+ Oscar > 3 value: Lukosius+ Brander (to swing with Luk)+ J.Martin = r14: 21 +1rook, r15: 18 + 1 rook

R16/r17/18

Depending on performance, look to upgrade rucks and possibly Serong.

1598395145124.png

Last edited:
So many permutations and things to consider this round!

Goal: try to win leagues (am top 4 in two main ones)
Strengths: I have trades, and a few cows worth some funds
Weaknesses: no Macrae, no cash, my team will not beat the two opponents this week in my leagues unless I do something bold

Normally, full length season, finals still weeks away, I'd make sensible little 1-up, 1-down moves this week. Given finals are here and now, I'm thinking of stupid moves that give me the best chance to scrape together a best 18 that can tip over my opponents head-to-head, even though it's buying guys at totally the wrong time.

One option is:

Neale -> Oliver
Rankine -> Mozzie
Big O -> Brayshaw (Freo)

This would give me Fyfe/Dusty/Brayshaw as relative PODs again opponents, so I'd be hoping they can go big.

Anyone see a way to get more points THIS week (ideally with guys who aren't gonna have a bye to come)?

1598395457005.png

So many permutations and things to consider this round!

Goal: try to win leagues (am top 4 in two main ones)
Strengths: I have trades, and a few cows worth some funds
Weaknesses: no Macrae, no cash, my team will not beat the two opponents this week in my leagues unless I do something bold

Normally, full length season, finals still weeks away, I'd make sensible little 1-up, 1-down moves this week. Given finals are here and now, I'm thinking of stupid moves that give me the best chance to scrape together a best 18 that can tip over my opponents head-to-head, even though it's buying guys at totally the wrong time.

One option is:

Neale -> Oliver
Rankine -> Mozzie
Big O -> Brayshaw (Freo)

This would give me Fyfe/Dusty/Brayshaw as relative PODs again opponents, so I'd be hoping they can go big.

Anyone see a way to get more points THIS week (ideally with guys who aren't gonna have a bye to come)?

View attachment 945395
Just checking my numbers are correct:

Neale + Rankine + Oscar out = approx $1.476M less 1 rookie gives you $1.352M to spend on 2 premos.

If you trade out Simpson instead of Rankine, then bring in a non playing r3 R/F for Oscar you can bring in 2 premo mids - eg. Oliver + Jelly

You dont need a playing fwd rookie bc you have Close/Cameron and 2 mids gets another mid rookie off the field.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm considering doing no trades this round.
Think that's a smart move. Don't really need to complete your team with 3x best 18 scores bye rounds, so can afford to hold trades.

Buuuuut I'm dropping 3 :)

Aarts > Mozzie
Close > Riccardi
Rankine > Petrecca

Only issue I have is Petreccas high BE (173) so he is due to lose a fair bit of cash. But it's the last trade to complete my team so I'm not sure if it matters. Thoughts?

View attachment 945478
yeah but petracca is just as likely to hit that or get close. He'd be fired up after last week, expect a big one. If you dont have him get him in.

Aarts > Mozzie
Close > Riccardi
Rankine > Petrecca

Only issue I have is Petreccas high BE (173) so he is due to lose a fair bit of cash. But it's the last trade to complete my team so I'm not sure if it matters. Thoughts?

View attachment 945478
Rankines B/E is 82 so could bleed a bit as well. Not sure if it’s worth waiting. If Rankine was due a rise fair enough.
I’m similar in thinking of going Haynes (140) from Noble (80). Usually I’d wait another week for Haynes to drop but not sure it’s worth it unless Noble pulls another score from nowhere.

Rankines B/E is 82 so could bleed a bit as well. Not sure if it’s worth waiting. If Rankine was due a rise fair enough.
I’m similar in thinking of going Haynes (140) from Noble (80). Usually I’d wait another week for Haynes to drop but not sure it’s worth it unless Noble pulls another score from nowhere.

I guess it depends on how close you are to completing your team. The end of the season is a lot different to the start and I think everyone just wants to finish their teams at this point. Especially with best 18 coming up you'd want to focus on upgrading the top end of your team for leagues/overall. Don't think the 'potential' cash loss/gain between Haynes and Noble warrants you waiting another week unless you have a bunch more upgrades to do and saving a potential 10-15k at best is crucial.

Riccardi looked genuinely great. Lead up to the ball hard and looked a focal point. Mozzie also looked great but it was an emotion fueled performance and i worry that played into it alot. Does he maintain that intensity without it?

I was set on getting Boak this week, but jeez, Jed ANDERSON looks like a good pod.
Five scores over 100 in the last six matches, including 3@140+
Big ceiling, which is what you want in the bye rounds.
His 48 was in a game that he apparently got poked in the eye or something.

I was set on getting Boak this week, but jeez, Jed ANDERSON looks like a good pod.
Five scores over 100 in the last six matches, including 3@140+
Big ceiling, which is what you want in the bye rounds.
His 48 was in a game that he apparently got poked in the eye or something.
So would you say he had no eye deer what he was doing in that game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back