Preview Round 16 2019: Hawthorn v Collingwood, 5 July 2019, 7:50pm AEST @MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lewis and Nash first game in the 1s together since pre-season?
If they create some havoc and space, more room for Gunston and Bruest
Then Puopolo and Ollie?? To pressure and clean up on the deck

impey from time to tile youd think

Three old hands and three young turks with weapons they are learning how to use

Its something ill be looking out for tomorrow

Last edited:

Hopefully Lewis has a good game on his return. Clarko seems to be tinkering with the make up of the tall forward structure every couple of weeks. Cant fault him for getting a look at all the possible combos! With Lewis the likely future it's great to see him back.

Surely Stratts comes out breathing fire this week. You would expect him to have a blinder. Maybe the rest was the kick up the backside he needed.

It's also good to see Ollie get a second game however he needs to start to show a better defensive pressure side to his game to not only stay in the team but ultimately stay on the list. Clarko's game plan has always demanded this of his small forwards and as a rule it has generally been an elite side of our game.

A quarter fit, limited game time, Nic Nat was close to the most influential player on the ground last week.

Ceglar and McEvoy in the same side just doesn't work. Big Boy does his best work rucking 80% game time and using is aerobic capacity and marking ability around the ground.

Celgar isn't the answer up forward and we need to get games into Lewis. This might be the first time we see Lewis given a decent amount of time chopping out in the ruck, and what an opponent to learn from.

Stiff, but very happy with this change.
Like the change aswell. Ceglar isn’t part of the future at all. Can take the occasional grab but can’t kick for s**t. Don’t need 2 rucks. 1 ruck and a forward who can pinch hit is what is needed.

Big chance tomorrow night! Westcoast have been in better form lately than the pies and we match up good against the pies. Plz make something of a disappointing season.

Can't wait for the Stratts v Degoey matchup wouldn't be surprsied if ch7 had there own stratts camera! It would be funny if Degoey went up and pinched him straight away.. Stratts needs to stand up tomorrow and win back his respect! Show us all why he was picked as skipper.
Go hawks

Like the change aswell. Ceglar isn’t part of the future at all. Can take the occasional grab but can’t kick for s**t. Don’t need 2 rucks. 1 ruck and a forward who can pinch hit is what is needed.
Does you be serious? Delist now you reckon? Wow...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Cegs is probably good enough to be an AFL quality #1 Ruck. Unfortunately neither he or BB can play second ruck.

He isnt a bad player, but hes trade bait for me. Just doesn't fit in our structure

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Have been saying this for a while now..
Ceglar is a ruck man - not a forward.. He plays his best footy as the no1 ruck. We should give him that opportunity at another club and he can probably net us a decent pick as trade bait..
We need a proper forward in the side- Lewis offers us that whilst being able to relieve the ruck too...

Pittonet has shown he is capable enough to be the backup in the event of a McEvoy injury... and we have Reeves too now on the list that can be given the opportunity to develop at Box Hill in the event that Pittonet is covering McEvoy

Sadly for Moore as much as I really like him he probably won't make it due to lack of height, he doesn't have that explosive leg speed or x factor to cover that lack of height either at AFL level.

No I don't think Moore will make it either. He lacks instinct for players around him and gets caught a lot. Not a clever player. Good VFL player only.

Have been saying this for a while now..
Ceglar is a ruck man - not a forward.. He plays his best footy as the no1 ruck. We should give him that opportunity at another club and he can probably net us a decent pick as trade bait..
We need a proper forward in the side- Lewis offers us that whilst being able to relieve the ruck too...

Pittonet has shown he is capable enough to be the backup in the event of a McEvoy injury... and we have Reeves too now on the list that can be given the opportunity to develop at Box Hill in the event that Pittonet is covering McEvoy
Pittonet is a reasonable ruckman but simply can’t hold a mark. VFL standard only.unfortunately

Bloody hell Cegs is stiff. No one else has even looked like taking a grab in our fwd 50. He's been plucking them like cherries. Can only think defensive pressure lacking as a fwd?

Agreed - he goes from matchwinner to the 2's with a couple of missed shots - very tough selection decision!

Clarkson doesn’t give a cracker about accuracy on goal. The club just wants to play Lewis.
Good because that’s what the club needs. We need to find out what the kids got. Cegs is a know commodity and if Lewis shows that he can give a good chop out in the ruck then I’d be looking to move Cegs in the offseason.

Clarkson doesn’t give a cracker about accuracy on goal. The club just wants to play Lewis.
In 2014 Ceglar was dropped for the grand final, he'd had a great season and he didn't do much wrong in the prelim except he absolutely butchered a set shot from about 15 metres out in about the 3rd quarter. As above poster said the omission is brutal but Ceglar is an experienced player and he'd know you can't go spraying too many set shots when there's competition for spots.

I'm happy Stratton has had a couple of weeks off. He was out of sorts, in every way. Hopefully he's had time to recover and he'll be back to his brilliant best.

Impey forward makes sense, our forwards in Moore, Breust, Poppy, Nash and Hanrahan harrassed the WC defence really well. It's why I'm surprised to see Nash named down back, I don't know what manual is circulating amongst the HFC coaching staff, but the conventional wisdom is to keep young players playing the same role and let them improve, instead of switching them to the other end of the ground every 5 minutes. Especially talls... Hopefully it's just a quirk of the team-sheet.

So the shadow if his former self returns... let’s pray that a 2 week rest has invigorated something...anything to warrant selection.

Mitch Lewis... TFFT!

I’d be surprised if they line up as listed. In saying that we have got some attack behind the ball & an opportunistic forward line.
Gunston should be in for a reasonable game if he doesn’t drift to high & ML clunking a couple & bringing the smalls into play could open the door for Sicily to go forward in the last qtr to ensure we don’t quite make it over the line.

Pies by 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back