Autopsy Round 16, 2020: St.Kilda v Hawthorn *GEARY 200TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Well sublime usage is good, not sure if Sincs is there. He’s a nice 15 metre kick.

But 14 disposals is not there as a 2020 mid in the AFL unless there are 5 or 6 score involvements mixed in there.
He doesn't rack up the footy but a nice stat is that he's 3rd in the comp for goal assists per game. I'd rather 15 from Sincs than 20 from most players.

Agree fully in what you say about Marshall.

Just one important attribute I would add: his attitude and competitiveness seems elite. A real big game player.

I’ve noticed a few times when we are down as a team that he always stands up. He is one of the few that doesn’t go into his shell.

He’s an absolute ripper Roma. My favourite player on our list for sure.
Yep him and Steele are rare like that, also think Coff is building to that where he just is able to break the game open when we are struggling.

Long had some seriously good marks. Seem to have that attacking confidence back.

Geary on the other hand looks done. Clark drinking his own bath water seems a weekly occurrence. Penny will drop for him soon i think though.
Why is he drinking his own bath water? Because he's not playing as well?

Hes an absolute star. Always said if we can't turn coffield into a good player then we should just shut the club down. He was that talented in U18s.

Gone past clark right now.
Yep everything about Coff is great atm. He is just so sure of himself with ball in hand. I said a while ago he should be taking more kick-ins ins.
He had and still has some of the most well rounded and elite attributes of anyone on our list. It was always going to take him 10-20 games to get with the speed of the game.

I do disagree with you about him playing in the midfield yet. I think that the best thing we can do is let him become a really dominant player as a HB for another year or two. Let him become a top level hb then move him into the midfield. He is tracking very similar to Elliot Yeo. I genuinely feel that like Clark every single time Coff tries to take on someone, or sidestep, or sell candy etc etc you can almost see his confidence grow before our eyes. I just love it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep everything about Coff is great atm. He is just so sure of himself with ball in hand. I said a while ago he should be taking more kick-ins ins.
He had and still has some of the most well rounded and elite attributes of anyone on our list. It was always going to take him 10-20 games to get with the speed of the game.

I do disagree with you about him playing in the midfield yet. I think that the best thing we can do is let him become a really dominant player as a HB for another year or two. Let him become a top level hb then move him into the midfield. He is tracking very similar to Elliot Yeo. I genuinely feel that like Clark every single time Coff tries to take on someone, or sidestep, or sell candy etc etc you can almost see his confidence grow before our eyes. I just love it.
I wouldn't play him there yet. Hence the off season comment. Let him have a crack at training with the inside group. See where it goes from there.

. I think that the best thing we can do is let him become a really dominant player as a HB for another year or two. Let him become a top level hb then move him into the midfield. He is tracking very similar to Elliot Yeo. I genuinely feel that like Clark every single time Coff tries to take on someone, or sidestep, or sell candy etc etc you can almost see his confidence grow before our eyes. I just love it.

I'm liking what Coff is doing at the moment. But this talk about Coff and Clark heading into the midfield. Genuine question, how many players have gone from good HBFs to outstanding mids in the last 10 years? There may be lots, I don't know. But how real is it?

I'm liking what Coff is doing at the moment. But this talk about Coff and Clark heading into the midfield. Genuine question, how many players have gone from good HBFs to outstanding mids in the last 10 years? There may be lots, I don't know. But how real is it?

Z Jones.

I remember years ago Gram wanted to make it into the midfield. Never happened.
Clark might, but he's no better this year than last year, if he steps it up a notch he can.
Coffield, can't see it, he's more likely to be brilliant as a HBF.

Clark was a genuine mid in his top age under 18s year so it wouldn't be a huge surprise. Plenty have started their careers on flanks before moving into the middle.

Can't see it happening with Coff though. Looks like a genuine half back. A Very good one too

Clark was a genuine mid in his top age under 18s year so it wouldn't be a huge surprise. Plenty have started their careers on flanks before moving into the middle.

Can't see it happening with Coff though. Looks like a genuine half back. A Very good one too

Yeah, in AFL though? Lots of under agers come through and play in different possies to what they did in juniors. I may be wrong but I can't think of many 2 - 4 year AFL players that have gone from HB to mid yet we have a lot of people saying this is an option for two Saints players?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back