$4mil in pokie revenue
selling games to Tasmania
pet membership debacle
sub 20k crowds
Always Hawthorn (est 2015)

etc

what a trash pile of a club

Can’t cross post from other forums.
Ah got it, thanks. I learned something new today. I actually first posted it in their game day thread but then thought I'd be pretty annoyed if there was an idiot on this forum that went to another forum to troll and then we had to deal with the counter-trolling, so deleted it.

For anyone that missed it - basically the guy that came here calling Port fans disrespectful for pointing out that Hawthorn had played GFs at their home ground, had posted a bunch of 100x more disrespectful stuff about Port in their thread.

The size of Hawthorn’s non-bandwagon fanbase that actually supported them before 2008 is smaller than North Melbourne
Hard to tell coz North haven't made a GF since the 90s/ Carey era.
Only on GF day do you realise how big anyone's fan base is.
All I know is that ours was absolutely feral on that day in 2008, as I was there to see it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been reading Big Footy for a while, reading the oppo camp and how they talk about Hawthorn and our own place, haven't made an account till now and reading this is just. I mean Hawthorn fans have come here expecting so much love for Burgoyne, clearly he had good reasons to leave and is a good bloke but don't need to expect them to froth over a champion if they don't want to. If they want to it'll be after the siren, until then he's just another oppo player.

Burton is fine, people calling him a flog are just seriously sad.

People talking crap about Burgoyne are also sad, but i don't think either fanbases are bad, neither should be disrespecting players.

Wish you lads the best of luck for the rest of the season and to enjoy the game and if you got tickets hope you get down there and cheer on your boys!

I've been reading Big Footy for a while, reading the oppo camp and how they talk about Hawthorn and our own place, haven't made an account till now and reading this is just. I mean Hawthorn fans have come here expecting so much love for Burgoyne, clearly he had good reasons to leave and is a good bloke but don't need to expect them to froth over a champion if they don't want to. If they want to it'll be after the siren, until then he's just another oppo player.

Burton is fine, people calling him a flog are just seriously sad.

People talking crap about Burgoyne are also sad, but i don't think either fanbases are bad, neither should be disrespecting players.

Wish you lads the best of luck for the rest of the season and to enjoy the game and if you got tickets hope you get down there and cheer on your boys!
You'll get cherry blossom poisoning with all that boot licking.

i don't get on board with hating on junior burger. yeah he left, the shambles we were at the time you can hardly blame him.

i thought he was cooked when he moved to hawthorn so 400 is an amazing achievement.
He had his reasons and he was as you said cooked, couldn't play the role Port wanted either knees just couldn't handle it became an ever better more an allround player when he left and Hawthorn really did just cure his knees. Was a superstar at both clubs and a legend of the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back