Trades Round 16 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Ranked 389th at the moment, think this is the week to take a huge punt.

Goldstein > Darcy
Marchbank > Witherden

Leaves those two plus Buzza on the field this week. Will leave $531k in my pocket, enough to bring in a premo forward and back, leaving Darcy as the solo rook on the field. I'm just not sure when the next big cash making opportunity will come, so I'm taking it while I can.

Anyone else have any thoughts on Karpany as a short-term option to ride some cash rises?

Karpany tends to play a mix of HFF & HHF. Great user of the ball and has proven he can kick a goal but it'd certainly be a gamble to assume he'll always see as much of the ball as he did last week. He also faded out of the game a bit, particularly in Q4.

So whilst I'm thrilled with his performance so far, I feel like there are probably better options out there. Witherden & Darcy are likely going to generate more cash, even Daniel McKenzie may be worth a look given his earlier performances this season and low BE.

Ranked 389th at the moment, think this is the week to take a huge punt.

Goldstein > Darcy
Marchbank > Witherden

Leaves those two plus Buzza on the field this week. Will leave $531k in my pocket, enough to bring in a premo forward and back, leaving Darcy as the solo rook on the field. I'm just not sure when the next big cash making opportunity will come, so I'm taking it while I can.

Thinking the same here. Already have Darcy so I'm looking at:

Pedersen (fwd) -> Menegola
Sloane -> Witherden

Leaves $529K in the bank for a double upgrade next week. Downside is that I have to field Witherden and Ainsworth - but Witherden would have been better for me on field than Sloane in the last two weeks anyway and Pedersen is also a liability with Gawn back. These trades also give me MID/DEF DPP in my midfield again which I've been hurting for the lack of.

Next week (Round 17):
McDonald -> Docherty
Ainsworth-> Tom Mitchell

Round 18:
If Darcy is tracking well, Nankervis -> rookie ruck & play Darcy, then bring in Merrett for Oliver or SPP.

Last edited:
Beech -> Buzza (just a temp to avoid a donut in the forward line this week)
Myers -> Jack (DPPed him into the forward line)

Retaining Greenwood for flexibility / potential further cash down the line (I assume he's back next round), and holding Marchbank this week (to avoid the aforementioned donut), and will trade him for $ next week (hopefully).

Hoping Myers doesn't go big this week, but his breakeven is about his average, and I had to trade either he or Greenwood so hopefully I picked the right one.

Taking the punt on Darcy for Martin, thought why not take a risk.

Going -

Stef Martin - > Sean Darcy
Clayton Oliver -> Dustin Martin

-163k cash

Not going to get a real improvement this weekend but I'm thinking long term, I think Grundy and Gawn will be the best two ruckmen not Martin and Oliver won't be in the top 8 midfielders come seasons end and is losing cash fast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you buy a packet of chips for mid $300k's? What's he worth after this week?
too cheap to trade IMO, spent a fair bit of the last QTR in the midfield hopefully that is a sign for next week.

With Hanners not having an injury this w/e if JPK had played this would've given us the info on if KJack was gonna play inside mid or not for rest of the year. Now we STILL won't know, because it's a forced move regardless.

Bloody scooter not getting named made me reverse Tuohy to Docherty ☹️

Bloody scooter not getting named made me reverse Tuohy to Docherty ☹️
:(

I want Docherty so bad right now. Just hoping he has a bad game soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back