Trades Round 16 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

To the people trading Gawn are you concerned about not having him next week when he goes up against English? Also just the idea of using two trades to move him out and back in again seems wasteful.

Personally I think the best move for me will be to go Fort to Knoll and bank the cash, Knoll should get a good 3-4 week run at it which could be handy cash generation and a ruck emergency option for the next few weeks at the minimum.

To the people trading Gawn are you concerned about not having him next week when he goes up against English? Also just the idea of using two trades to move him out and back in again seems wasteful.

Personally I think the best move for me will be to go Fort to Knoll and bank the cash, Knoll should get a good 3-4 week run at it which could be handy cash generation and a ruck emergency option for the next few weeks at the minimum.

A decision will be easier (hopefully) by the end of the week.
But fort -> knoll is still a wasted trade given it only netts 70k, fields a potentially terrible rook on field, and the cash gen from kno (if any) will come so late it has no benefit.

We're at the business end now and with limited weeks left to catch the leaders I can ill afford to carry straglers. That was a serious roll of the ankle and old mate gawn is probably not even jogging on it let alone training.

The difference between knoll and marshall could legitimately be 70-90pts. That can be 1000 places in the rankings for most.

Ankles dont exactly heal over night. Still a risk even next week Gawn is 100% right and shares the ruckload with Preuss.

But even if Gawn dominates English next week and scores 150pts he still wont have made up the ground on bringing a Marshall type this week.

Gawn to ROB for 150k, then ROB to Gawn in 2 weeks for 50k??

I have Marshall so would actually strongly consider holding Gawn a week (Balta to forwards), particularly if dealing with other issues this week with selection (Naish, Cripps, Witho, Daniel etc.). Will have to wait til Thursday!

Will be very suprised if knoll plays

Ypu mean like when I traded in Zak Jones after averaging 100 for 4 weeks, only to have him spud out a 50, 60 and 50 then get injured?

Note, he's been back for 2 weeks and averaged 100 again

Not this time Zak
I'll take the hit for you this time!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would it be silly getting rid of baker now to allow for Hore, Baker -> Whitfield + rook.
Would rather try and bring some value into the back line but not sure where else to turn

I've got Gawn/Marshall as my rucks and Hoff as F7/R3. Considering a swap of him to Lycett at the moment as Gawn cover with a potential Lycett to Grundy later (if so Marshall can fight for F6).

Other options, Gawn to ROB and ride the cash, or Gawn to Grundy for $68k.

Thoughts?

Other trade will be Daniel to Salem or Stewart.

A decision will be easier (hopefully) by the end of the week.
But fort -> knoll is still a wasted trade given it only netts 70k, fields a potentially terrible rook on field, and the cash gen from kno (if any) will come so late it has no benefit.

We're at the business end now and with limited weeks left to catch the leaders I can ill afford to carry straglers. That was a serious roll of the ankle and old mate gawn is probably not even jogging on it let alone training.

The difference between knoll and marshall could legitimately be 70-90pts. That can be 1000 places in the rankings for most.

Ankles dont exactly heal over night. Still a risk even next week Gawn is 100% right and shares the ruckload with Preuss.

But even if Gawn dominates English next week and scores 150pts he still wont have made up the ground on bringing a Marshall type this week.

hmm yeah I see your point. Was genuinely asking because I have the same dilemma, but i'm sick of sideways premo trading and need to get all my rookies off the field...

Is Hanrahan a better option than Chol to save a bit of cash? Chol has a very tempting BE but not sure about his job security, haven't seen him or Hanrahan in action.
I've just about given up on trying to work out which rooks have better JS. Nanks back will see Soldo dropped. so Chol will stay as 2nd ruck, but team balance might see him dropped when Riewoldt is back, which could be this week. I have NFI about Hanrahan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back