VFL Round 17, 2018: Sandringham v Box Hill - TBBO, Live on CH7 right now

Remove this Banner Ad

35 touches and 13 marks...

If they have any clue they'll let the kid play next week.

Out: Weller...for heavens sake.
Agreed. Must play, has been doing it for weeks now too.

From the VFL site:

Sandringham
Goal Kickers
:K. Owens 2, N. Freeman, H. Mclean, J. Haidon, K. Nissenbaum
Best Players:B. Rice, J. Noone, B. Paton, H. Goddard, B. Seccull, H. Mclean

Still no Freeza!

What gives with that.
There was no way Paton or Goddard were better than Freeza from a saints player perspective.

There was no way Paton or Goddard were better than Freeza from a saints player perspective.

I switched on late but was pretty disappointed with what I saw of him. I thought Goddard was very good though.

On Freezer..
Seriously, only 4 rounds to go.
The Bulldogs at Etihad.
A solid block of form in the VFL including being our best for Sandy this week.
We've got a group of mids who are treading water the last couple of weeks, So there's options a plenty to drop for at least a week.
FFS, give the kid a game this week or just forget about it.

I switched on late but was pretty disappointed with what I saw of him. I thought Goddard was very good though.
Freeman was our best in the first half. Im surprised he didnt lay a tackle, because I though his second efforts and overall work rate stood out the most.

I didnt notice Goddard much until late in the game. Paton floated in and out, but did nice things when he got it. Rice was solid as usual. I was disappointed in Phillips, who should have had more of an impact than he did.

Faded in the last, not even sure if he was on the ground late? So clearly our most dominant player, third quarter was exceptional. The fact that he wasn't named in the best on the AFL site is enough evidence to suggest the competition is a farce in every way and needs to be stopped as of tonight , no questions asked. Sack all media, admin, start again. Comical

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tXQ7xRJ.png

r0isLbu.png

What on Earth does Freeman need to do to even make it in Sandy's best 6.
Don't think he's been named in the best by Sandy all year has he?

Are they purposely keeping him out of the best for some reason or has he actually been that ineffective?

What on Earth does Freeman need to do to even make it in Sandy's best 6.
Don't think he's been named in the best by Sandy all year has he?

Are they purposely keeping him out of the best for some reason or has he actually been that ineffective?
I would suggest it is to keep the pressure off him.

You might be right, but it seems crazy to not have a guy with 37 possies in the bests. He was clearly in the best 6 for Sandringham surely.
I think we all know that he would have been one of if not our best, so that's probably why the club is happy to do it this way. We know without having to be told, but it perhaps keeps a bit of the external pressure and expectation off him.

If they're not happy with the defensive side of his game that may also come into it, especially with him being the only one on the team to not lay a single tackle, out of 78. Which is pretty bloody poor, especially for someone right in the thick of the action all game.

It's not going to be much good to us if he only works one way, so it's up to him to improve that if he wants to have a career. And it's not like you need super talent to run defensively or apply pressure/tackle. You just need the mindset and application.

The ball's in his court. I'm sure our selection committee would love little more than to play him, so it's up to him to do what they're demanding from him.

Do that, play well, and you'll be in like Flynn

I think we all know that he would have been one of if not our best, so that's probably why the club is happy to do it this way. We know without having to be told, but it perhaps keeps a bit of the external pressure and expectation off him.

If they're not happy with the defensive side of his game that may also come into it, especially with him being the only one on the team to not lay a single tackle, out of 78. Which is pretty bloody poor, especially for someone right in the thick of the action all game.

It's not going to be much good to us if he only works one way, so it's up to him to improve that if he wants to have a career. And it's not like you need super talent to run defensively or apply pressure/tackle. You just need the mindset and application.

The ball's in his court. I'm sure our selection committee would love little more than to play him, so it's up to him to do what they're demanding from him.

Much as I love a good conspiracy, last week the Saints' own site had Freeza in the bests, while the VFL site did not.

My money's on the same happening again this round gone.

Never felt more confident tho than this week. What's more I'll wager another fiddy on him laying more than one tackle in his debut.

He won't wanna hold back. He'd know it would be (even more) unacceptable in the big league and his big chance could be over.

I agree with everything you've written. The only point I could add is that having come back from a shoulder injury, he may not yet have the confidence to really smash his tackles. He certainly got in and attempted to lay plenty of tackles but none of them stuck. Who knows, the coaches may have even told him not to go overboard with any ferocious stuff so as to not to wreck his shoulder. (The rumor is that he will require shoulder surgery at season's end so it probably isn't 100%.) This could also have something to do with Richo's comment that he isn't quite ready for a promotion yet and isn't completely pushing himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back