Game Day Round 17, 2023: St.Kilda v Melbourne *STEELE 150TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon we are going come out breathing fire with a point to prove

Tipping a win
If we are to beat Melbs now is the time, they are a little down and are missing some players

Hold trac and viney to * all
Backline to hold up
Just keep may and lever accountable
Hammer to run straight thru one of them in a fair marking contest
Owens to kick 3, King 4 Butler 3 gresh 2

Pumped for this
Cannot wait, would love to be there
Get on us on the punt with a few $$

Ric Flair GIF by FirstAndMonday

Just watched the Boss press conference from the other day, a couple of interesting titbits as per usual. At one stage he was asked if there was a blueprint to be followed from the Giants beating the Dees last week, which he casually dismissed with the weather and the fact the Dees had almost double the inside fifties and should have won. He then snuck in this little pearler which seemed to go unnoticed.

"Grand Finals have been lost on accuracy and opportunity."

🥺

And then I was surprised at the end he was asked about the nudie scandal. I think he said there are no current Saints players involved. So I'm guessing some past players are. Don't really care to know who, but would I be correct to assume that?

Just watched the Boss press conference from the other day, a couple of interesting titbits as per usual. At one stage he was asked if there was a blueprint to be followed from the Giants beating the Dees last week, which he casually dismissed with the weather and the fact the Dees had almost double the inside fifties and should have won. He then snuck in this little pearler which seemed to go unnoticed.

🥺

And then I was surprised at the end he was asked about the nudie scandal. I think he said there are no current Saints players involved. So I'm guessing some past players are. Don't really care to know who, but would I be correct to assume that?
In terms of ex-players it would be the well publicised nudes that everyone shared around and the media published before society realised it was a pretty terrible thing to do.

In terms of todays game, I'm just really hoping we turn up and make a game of it. I'm not expecting a win but it would be a great step to turn up and really compete in one of these big games for four quarters. Couldn't do it against the Lions, let's see if we've learnt from that.

Yeah as much as we talk about how the Dees are struggling/have key players missing/our best chance to beat them in years/moving to fourth etc., the unpleasant reality from years gone by is that in these games where seemingly we quite fortunately have the chance to do ourselves a massive favour and grasp an opportunity, we sh*t the bed. We all know it.

Not expecting a win but as above, would love to see a solid four quarter performance. It's pretty concerning we haven't won two in a row for months.

On current form I don't see how we win this. The ins might help but if we keep turning the ball over as we seem to do, we'll get beaten easily.

It's two very untrustworthy sides for different reasons. The Dees are playing well but with goal kicking yips and just lost their one accurate guy. Saints look thin on midfield talent and are relying on effort and negating to stay with sides.

To me a huge boost comes from putting Jones on ball. He's one of the types that can bother the Dees with pace over grunt and Billings throws some class into the high half forward.

To me if we win a big part of it will be the energy and POD that these guys bring to a side that looks tired and one paced.

Max King's birthday yesterday, hopefully he didn't suck down too many Pink Gins. No Snags means we really need something from him tonight. He's kicked the grand total of one goal from his last two games, and as has been noted, looked pretty frustrated at times with a few average efforts here and there. I'd say if we're to be any chance of causing an upset tonight Max will need to feature pretty heavily.

Hopefully we see a positive attitude and a team first performance. 🥳

It's two very untrustworthy sides for different reasons. The Dees are playing well but with goal kicking yips and just lost their one accurate guy. Saints look thin on midfield talent and are relying on effort and negating to stay with sides.

To me a huge boost comes from putting Jones on ball. He's one of the types that can bother the Dees with pace over grunt and Billings throws some class into the high half forward.

To me if we win a big part of it will be the energy and POD that these guys bring to a side that looks tired and one paced.

The Dees are playing well enough.

Until I see us playing good footy, which we've been a long way off imo, I don't trust us.

I don't dig down into the nitty gritty too much. I think we've been very ordinary.

I would LOVE for it to come together this week though.

Every week I'm hopeful, and then our lack of skill slaps me in the face.

The Dees are playing well enough.

Until I see us playing good footy, which we've been a long way off imo, I don't trust us.

I don't dig down into the nitty gritty too much. I think we've been very ordinary.

I would LOVE for it to come together this week though.

Every week I'm hopeful, and then our lack of skill slaps me in the face.

They haven't done much to earn respect lately so that's fair. Lost to the Tigers and Lions and stumbled past the Eagles. Hopefully we're due for a good performance. Changing up the side at least gives us a bit of an injection of novelty. We look very stale lately.

🥺

Saw the list on Twitter.
Hanners was the only Saints player - not sure whether during the Saints or Swans era .
We’ve had our time with nude photos - wasn’t handled at all well by the authorities then - just splashed all over the media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kozy, Brown, Gus and Trac were the ones who got a handle of us last time we played, they’re still in the team for tonights game.
Gawn and Grundy are going to give us some grief as well as Lever and May.
Its hard to see us winning this but Jones and Billings in might give us some spark.
Im really hoping we continue with how we played in the second half of the WC game.

Make no mistake, the heat is coming for the Demons tonight! And they'll be laying secret little squibs in their panties when we apply the blowtorch!

Apart from a few stars of yesterday, who these days decide when to turn up if at all, their team on paper is BOG ordinary. JaKe MiLkShAkE at CHF kIcK iT tO mE gUiSe! There's no-names and cheque-collectors on every line. They've as much heart as a taxidermied peacock.

Saints by plenty. Jones to heabutt someone into next week. Then if GC salute against the Power I've clocked football for the weekend 🤑

If our midfield can actually get clean clearances this week, then it would be good to deliver the ball low into the forward half and resist bloody directionless bombing, as Gawn will park himself down there. Might give King half a chance. Need to also lock down on the Demon fast outside running up the wings. Can't see us kicking a big enough score sadly.

Saw the list on Twitter.
Hanners was the only Saints player - not sure whether during the Saints or Swans era .
We’ve had our time with nude photos - wasn’t handled at all well by the authorities then - just splashed all over the media.
And ol mate Mav Weller.
#BleachOutForMav

If our midfield can actually get clean clearances this week, then it would be good to deliver the ball low into the forward half and resist bloody directionless bombing, as Gawn will park himself down there. Might give King half a chance. Need to also lock down on the Demon fast outside running up the wings. Can't see us kicking a big enough score sadly.
Gawn, Lever and May…we’re going have to bowl the ball along the ground into the 50.
Lucky Max and Mitch are not bad below their knees. Higgins a huge out though.

In terms of ex-players it would be the well publicised nudes that everyone shared around and the media published before society realised it was a pretty terrible thing to do.

In terms of todays game, I'm just really hoping we turn up and make a game of it. I'm not expecting a win but it would be a great step to turn up and really compete in one of these big games for four quarters. Couldn't do it against the Lions, let's see if we've learnt from that.
Kim Duthie has come out of retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back