Game Day Round 17 v Geelong at Kardinia Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Not blaming him at all, but that poster by kosi just sapped our momentum. He kicks that, 1 point game and Geelong start panicking again.

That said, Geelong outplayed us most of the night. They used their weaknesses and turned them into a strength. Smashed in the midfield, switched around our zone and used the ground way better than us. Too good 👍

Well, thank fucck that's over.
Shows how much we rely on 1) our mids winning the clearances and 2) Tmac (ie a single mobile tall forward).

Gawn got destroyed 2v1 every time he went forward. Jackson not sure if he even went in there

Not blaming him at all, but that poster by kosi just sapped our momentum. He kicks that, 1 point game and Geelong start panicking again.

That said, Geelong outplayed us most of the night. They used their weaknesses and turned them into a strength. Smashed in the midfield, switched around our zone and used the ground way better than us. Too good 👍
Yeah they had plenty of kosi misses earlier.

Kosi needs stop doing that
He's frustrated and to a degree I put some of that on Goodwin.

Pickett and Spargo under a Richmond game style would be getting 2 or 3 a week. With our gentleman pissweak game style they are being wasted.

Sweet, a home game at the G which we should win next wee...
Oh wait, we hoared it out to the NT

Lose next week and its alarm bells.
Just so incredibly unprofessional and minnow of us to sell off home games when genuinely competing for Premierships

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too one-dimensional with our ball movement out of D50 with our rucks not being 100%

I'm not doom and gloom yet somehow. We aren't in form at all and almost got the game swinging with dirty ball inside 50 in the last.

They matched our pressure and were way smarter at their home ground. Still time to work things out.

What a dumb game we played tonight. And to continually get bottled up on the left wing... and to continually, every time, continue to kick out from defence the the left wing boundary, is where we lost the game tonight.

Geelong corralled our mids at every stoppage contest tonight and we played the patsy just getting first touch and coughing it up when we were harassed and tackled.

We were like the first seagull with a hot chip, and a whole flock of hungry seagulls all after the one gull. It will eventually lose that chip, which by now has cooled a little, and the others are away with it. We would have been better being the aggressors tackling them with first touch; and we would have been away from the contests with the ball, with more composed use of the footy, than we showed tonight.

Our refusal to use the switch in our back half is proof that we were one dimensional tonight. Continually turning the footy over in the air on our left wing, or half-forward area.

Playing one side of the ground every time is too one dimensional.

Too one-dimensional with our ball movement out of D50 with our rucks not being 100%

I'm not doom and gloom yet somehow. We aren't in form at all and almost got the game swinging with dirty ball inside 50 in the last.

They matched our pressure and were way smarter at their home ground. Still time to work things out.
spot on 'djPd'.

A bit like our QB loss at the SCG last year - just came with no plan for the smaller ground. Very odd history at KP since 2015. Won that game, then got belted by 100 points in 2016, then conceded a bunch of unanswered last quarter goals in 2018, then got thrashed again in 2019, then won of the all time great games last year, and now completely outplayed tonight. Haven’t been able to turn in two consecutive good performances there. Our worst has been as bad any team down there, and yet we are still one of only three sides to win multiple games at KP since 2007. Could easily be three wins too.

let me be clear , i dont care if the Cats play at Furball park , i just want us to play them at a neutral ground if its once a year H&A .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back