Autopsy Round 18, 2018: Hawks pound the blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Expect Howe to get 2 down to one, but quite possibly 3 down to 2...

5 weeks is only in the fervently demented minds of Carlton s**t-eaters...

Decades of mediocrity don't do wonders for the mental health it seems.

Expect Howe to get 2 down to one, but quite possibly 3 down to 2...

5 weeks is only in the fervently demented minds of Carlton s**t-eaters...

My God, are Carlton people really wanting 5 weeks for that? 5 week suspensions are for punches where the player goes down and wakes up in hospital.

Still bent out of shape over hodge fixing murphy up

The attitude of the football public, not just Carlton, about that was incredible. Two players arrive at the scene at the same time, both intent on winning the ball. One knew how to protect himself, the other had no idea. Because Murphy got hurt, people thought Hodge should have been suspended, even though all he was doing was playing the ball. Most amazing reaction from people who call themselves football fans.

he umpiring was bad, but i tend to ignore umps because we're a club that usually gets bad calls, i think its because our supporters arent as vocal or whiny as clubs like Carlton/Geelol ect so umps feel more able to give a free and get less reaction from hawks supporters, for at least awhile, whereas Carlton supporters are crying from the first bounce and therefore receive benefit from their crying and whinging

the lady umpire was terribly wrong on a few occasions, but thats my chauvinist proudly showing :D

As I've said, umpiring usually doesn't bother me, I take the rough with the smooth. Not pleased with the Carlton match though. What DOES annoy the crap out of me is this #freekickHawthorn garbage. Something that originated by imbeciles as a result of us winning 3 games in a row by less than a goal back in 2016, and made popular by idiots wanting to believe it was true because we'd just won 3 flags.

A mate of mine who I believe to be usually fair minded and a good knowledge of football made a comment a few weeks back after he considered his side was hosed by umpires. He said, "It was as bad as every time we play Hawthorn". I asked what he meant, he said "Well, it's a known fact Hawthorn get looked after by the umpires". What can you do when people have this mindset?

The attitude of the football public, not just Carlton, about that was incredible. Two players arrive at the scene at the same time, both intent on winning the ball. One knew how to protect himself, the other had no idea. Because Murphy got hurt, people thought Hodge should have been suspended, even though all he was doing was playing the ball. Most amazing reaction from people who call themselves football fans.
they also thought Hodge running over Heppell when he got to the ball first was a good old fashioned shirt front, the football public aren't that bright

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What decision?

This is an emotional post, so please bear with me.
The 2 weeks for striking Cripps, if anything Cripps should get fines for exaggerating and Marc Murphy should get cited for striking Howe when he's on the ground. The tripping was accidental, so not sure why they can't decided the outcome. Being on the game, not listening to any commentators or checking any social media and then watched the replay with the commentary felt like this is trialed by media.

I'll be okay if Howe get 2 games for all of the frenzy in the media. But yeah rants finished let's see what the club will do.

Carlton got no fight no mongrel no leadership and no money in brown paper bags.

How the mighty have fallen? I take great joy from their plight.

Fixed your post.

It's funny how they've sunk to the bottom when they can't cheat.
The most arrogant club, particularly in the late 1970's to early 1980's, overrated pricks like McClure & Silvagni - fullback of the century my a....

Just love Carlton feeding on the bilge!

The AFL really hates Hawthorn, dreadful one sided umpiring nearly every game to over the top match review decisions. As Howe is already going to the tribunal I hope the club appeals the two match ban.

CARLTON v HAWTHORN
10 Tom Mitchell (HAW)
7 Luke Breust (HAW)
7 Paul Puopolo (HAW)
4 James Worpel (HAW) <---- Love this (Hopefully all 4 were from Clarko)
1 Ricky Henderson (HAW)
1 Blake Hardwick (HAW)

Round 18 leaderboard
71 Max Gawn (MELB)
68 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
68 Tom Mitchell (HAW) <---- Love this too
64 Shaun Higgins (NMFC)
61 Andrew Gaff (WCE)
59 Nat Fyfe (FRE)
54 Dustin Martin (RICH)
53 Dyson Heppell (ESS)
53 Clayton Oliver (MELB)
53 Steele Sidebottom (COLL)
52 Rory Laird (ADEL)
51 Dayne Beams (BL)
48 Kane Lambert (RICH)
48 Lachie Whitfield (GWS)
47 Scott Pendlebury (COLL)
47 Elliot Yeo (WCE)
46 Trent Cotchin (RICH)
46 Brodie Grundy (COLL)
45 Jordan De Goey (COLL)
44 Stephen Coniglio (GWS)

CARLTON v HAWTHORN
10 Tom Mitchell (HAW)
7 Luke Breust (HAW)
7 Paul Puopolo (HAW)
1 Ricky Henderson (HAW)
1 Blake Hardwick (HAW)
Was 2 from each coach
They agreed on Worpel and Mitchell
Were split on which of Breust and Poppy was better and one of them liked hendo, the other dimma

CARLTON v HAWTHORN
10 Tom Mitchell (HAW)
7 Luke Breust (HAW)
7 Paul Puopolo (HAW)
1 Ricky Henderson (HAW)
1 Blake Hardwick (HAW)

Round 18 leaderboard
71 Max Gawn (MELB)
68 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
68 Tom Mitchell (HAW) <---- Love this too
64 Shaun Higgins (NMFC)
61 Andrew Gaff (WCE)
59 Nat Fyfe (FRE)
54 Dustin Martin (RICH)
53 Dyson Heppell (ESS)
53 Clayton Oliver (MELB)
53 Steele Sidebottom (COLL)
52 Rory Laird (ADEL)
51 Dayne Beams (BL)
48 Kane Lambert (RICH)
48 Lachie Whitfield (GWS)
47 Scott Pendlebury (COLL)
47 Elliot Yeo (WCE)
46 Trent Cotchin (RICH)
46 Brodie Grundy (COLL)
45 Jordan De Goey (COLL)
44 Stephen Coniglio (GWS)

He had to receive 2s from each coach as Puop and Breust would have both received a 4 and 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back