Autopsy Round 18, 2023 : Hawks wallop Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

To compete for finals, let alone silverware, we have to have some structure forward. Watson and a player like Ricardi we are desperate for. Add a Duursma or Curtin and we are much better. Assuming Mitch Lewis is better.

Even with Rough, Gunner, Hale, Big Boy, Breust, Rioli and Poppy in our forward line we had Smith, Suckling, Hodge and Silk consistently bombing long range goals.

Amon, Jars, Weddle, Sicily, SMitchell and Day all capable. May simply need license to do so.

Last edited:
Was really impressed with Finn today. He was really good when shifted onto Sheezel, as he was able to both restrict his influence and be damaging when he won the won something I haven't seen before. If he can develop that consistently into his game there's definitely a role for him.

I can't decide if it's a relief or not.

I'm glad it's not being faked but if it's not being called from screens, what's the excuse for Kelly's commentary always being 3 players behind where the ball is?
She dribbles to much sh it with each play. Try hard, cant stand her work at AFL games.

Fox Footy having the camera cut to the commentary team using binoculars - whilst blatantly not calling the game from the ground - was incredible.

I thought this was to prove that they WERE at the ground. Did they legitimately do this from the studio? Weren't they the ones who said nobody cares if the commentators are at the ground or not? Why try and create the illusion that they are then?!

I can't decide if it's a relief or not.

I'm glad it's not being faked but if it's not being called from screens, what's the excuse for Kelly's commentary always being 3 players behind where the ball is?
She has to be the worst commentator this century and it's not even close. The number of times she gets the names of players and even teams wrong is incredible.

North, for the sake of their fans, should sack the coaching staff, and employ Bill Murray, at least then, there'd be an explanation for the exact same thing happening, week in week out.

CMac showed great composure - he got sold up the creek twice and calmly worked his way through it both times. Apart from his set shot, Finn was good. The midfield just worked, and we got good Frosty and intense Scrimmers today. Really just need a real second marking target and it would have been a great game.
Frost and Scrimshaw were good. This week !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She continues to grind me gears. Made the stupid comment about DGB that as a pick 6 he "need to get a wriggle on" regarding his development - Try hard is a very good description of her commentary
To be fair that's the same s**t comment I read here week after week after week

Was really impressed with Finn today. He was really good when shifted onto Sheezel, as he was able to both restrict his influence and be damaging when he won the won something I haven't seen before. If he can develop that consistently into his game there's definitely a role for him.
He just needs to continue the path of doing something with it when he has it. That would make a huge difference.
I don’t care if he becomes predictable, the consistency will ensure he has a spot. Going to be very interesting in two weeks time if he lines up on Nick Daicos.

I know Kellie Underwoods commentary can improve although which commentator is great...

Have u listened to BT or Darcy these days...both have past there used by dates years ago.

Onto game...agree with others DGB needs to play as second fiddle if we want to beat others bar Norf and Weagles.

To have close to 30 scoring shots against one of the most cynical and negative displays of defensive footy I've seen was pretty good in hindsight. Inaccurate kicking was all that saved it from being an absolute demolition. The footy North played with close to 16 players in their D50 at times was absolutely putrid.

And Clarko isn't even back yet :eek:

Took the opportunity to check the game out with the rest of the family jetlagged and asleep ...already knew the score .

Certainly wasnt our best performance but I saw some really good signs

• this was a classic game we would have lost over the pasr 3 seasons .
  • should have won by 80 plus but 48 is nothing to sneeze at . Also did nice restricting their scoring .
  • we belted them, keeping in mind at seasons start most had them better than us .
  • heard North really set themselves for this game so to snuff that out and dominate is another tick
  • persist with DGB forward , looks dangerous and creates space .

I think we will beat Richmond next week .

I do feel for some North supporters they really have gone backwards again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back