Autopsy Round 3, 2023: Hawks skin the Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

‪I just rewatched it it is a text book suspension in todays game. He had no intention to get the ball he went past it and then collected day. You can dislike it, you can hate the inconsistency but this is the correct decision.‬
Yeah I find this one really weird that anyone argued for it to be dropped.

Could have picked up the ball easy. Saw the ball, saw the made, made the choice.

Everyone has certain markers / KPIs to meet. Certain things they are working on. This is true even when they are in the side. There is also the possibility, that the coaches wanted to play a certain way and there were players that play Scrims role already in the side that could play that way better than Scrim at least that is what the coaches thought. However, after the first two games some of the players that were in the side hadn't met their KPIs or roles and thus Scrim is back. Played a great game. The way we played though suited his game. We kicked the ball around found targets

Scrim was given a kick up the ass in the pre season. He responded magnificently. Why does it have to go any further than that
Probably because he wasnt given a kick up the arse. He had a quad strain, over came it and was going to be picked v Sydney but then got a bout of tonsillitis and spent the Thurs before the Syd game in hospital. So he was never going to be picked v Syd but they decided to play him for a half in the 2s. He looked flat in that game but still had 14 pos. Id say they managed him very well. OMG not meeting KPI's, being kicked up the arse, are there any other things to make up? Scrim is in the top 5 or 6 players at the club.

Probably because he wasnt given a kick up the arse. He had a quad strain, over came it and was going to be picked v Sydney but then got a bout of tonsillitis and spent the Thurs before the Syd game in hospital. So he was never going to be picked v Syd but they decided to play him for a half in the 2s. He looked flat in that game but still had 14 pos. Id say they managed him very well. OMG not meeting KPI's, being kicked up the arse, are there any other things to make up? Scrim is in the top 5 or 6 players at the club.
Not meeting KPIs was a generic comment and applies to everyone but ok I will bow to what seems your superior knowledge on this. He certainly played well on his comeback into the team, so the conversation is moot at the moment

OMG not meeting KPI's, being kicked up the arse, are there any other things to make up? Scrim is in the top 5 or 6 players at the club.
Why go from this question?
OMG not meeting KPI's, being kicked up the arse, are there any other things to make up? Scrim is in the top 5 or 6 players at the club.
To this statement?

You've just gone & made sh1t up!!!:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Thanks for clarifying a few points unknown to some of us about his injury and tonsilitis but come on, seriously, do you think Scrim is honestly anywhere near a top 5 player in the team?

Preferred side foot skills, for sure, intercept marking, yes. But there are so many further up the pecking order.

I'm glad he's healthy and playing well

Thanks for clarifying a few points unknown to some of us about his injury and tonsilitis but come on, seriously, do you think Scrim is honestly anywhere near a top 5 player in the team?

Preferred side foot skills, for sure, intercept marking, yes. But there are so many further up the pecking order.
It begs the question...who are our top 5?

I would have in no order Lewis, Sic, Moore, Day and would throw Hardwick in for consistency. Amon in the mix.

From there it is all based on consistency of form and growth - for where we are at this is a very good thing. An in form CJ certainly pushes up and Scrims best is certainly is too. The patches of abolsute class from CMacD and CMack suggests they have the class to get into the top 5 for sure. Exciting times.

Given that last year he finished eq 9 in the PCM and that was the first time he finished top 10, it is a bit of a stretch to say he is top 5 or 6.
Moore, Lewis, Sicily, Newk and Hardwick all in front. Day would be pushing past him as well

Given that last year he finished eq 9 in the PCM and that was the first time he finished top 10, it is a bit of a stretch to say he is top 5 or 6.
Moore, Lewis, Sicily, Newk and Hardwick all in front. Day would be pushing past him as well
Day has always been ahead of him. Breust and Wingard too.

Thank god for a voice of reason amongst the insanity 🙏

Finally an explanation that makes some kind of logical sense (in essence Hawthorn playing funny buggers with their injury reporting again).

I personally have Scrimmers as a top five player in the club, based on both talent and consistency of performance over the past three years.

My order is

1. Sicily
2. Moore
3. Lewis
4. Newk
5. Scrimmers

Thank god for a voice of reason amongst the insanity 🙏

Finally an explanation that makes some kind of logical sense (in essence Hawthorn playing funny buggers with their injury reporting again).

I personally have Scrimmers as a top five player in the club, based on both talent and consistency of performance over the past three years.

My order is

1. Sicily
2. Moore
3. Lewis
4. Newk
5. Scrimmers
Good tip you’re not part of the match committee who vote on the PCM.

They clearly disagree with you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had a quad strain, over came it and was going to be picked v Sydney but then got a bout of tonsillitis and spent the Thurs before the Syd game in hospital. So he was never going to be picked v Syd but they decided to play him for a half in the 2s.
I haven’t seen this reported publicly anywhere at all, have you?

Very good inside information you have access to.

Well done!

We’re so far from a champion team that Scrimshaw at his bog average can be considered dispensable. Laughable notion really.
Yeh to think that we are at a stage in our development where we could substitute a proven talent like Scrimmers for someone like Bramble in the interests of team balance or not meeting KPIs or whatever else is pretty out there TBH.

Yeh to think that we are at a stage in our development where we could substitute a proven talent like Scrimmers for someone like Bramble in the interests of team balance or not meeting KPIs or whatever else is pretty out there TBH.
let it go GIF

So what some are suggesting is someone is putting forward an opinion that’s not totally objective and may be influenced by personal bias? What a shocker…
Here’s a radical idea, why don’t we debate the merit of the idea rather than a critique of something to do with who said it?
Scrimma isn’t in our best 5 players yet.

He snuck into the top 10 of the PCM for the first time in his 4 years at the club last year.

2019 - 11 votes
2020 - 25 votes
2021 - 70 votes
2022 - 59 votes

Natural talent wise, he’s in our best 6 or 7. Output / commitment wise he’s in our best 20. Defensively, aside from intercept marking, he’s got a fair bit of room for improvement.

If he improves his commitment / output, he could be in our best 5.

It’s all up to him.

I don't think Scrimshaw is in our best five players currently, but there are only several players that I'd see picked before him right now - Sicily, Newcombe, Day, Lewis, Moore and Hardwick.

Ward, CJ and Mackenzie to push up into this list too.

I don't think Scrimshaw is in our best five players currently, but there are only several players that I'd see picked before him right now - Sicily, Newcombe, Day, Lewis, Moore and Hardwick.

Ward, CJ and Mackenzie to push up into this list too.
As long as he’s in the best 18 I don’t care which rank he occupies! Really keen to see our backline with Morris in it and CJ in the other back pocket. Like CJ breaking lines deep in D50 to get over the initial zone similar to the 2015 way we dismantled the weagles web and having frost and Morris as stay at home defenders. Hardwick and scrimshaw on hbf as good users to drive us into F50 with Sic intercepting. Would likely mean we adopt the ruck dropping back strategy to provide defensive cover.

our best 5

Sicily Moore Day Newcombe Hardwick

Next 4

Lewis Scrimshaw Mckenzie Mcdonald

Players I think can join them

Brockman Amon Ward

Players we need to come good

Reeves Grainger Jeka

Jitah im not sure on

Morrison serviceable in 22

I think as usual ppl underestimate the value of morrison

It's good for our young kids to know that when s**t hits the fan they can flick the ball to Morrison.

He's a good driver in heavy traffic.

Scrimma isn’t in our best 5 players yet.

He snuck into the top 10 of the PCM for the first time in his 4 years at the club last year.

2019 - 11 votes
2020 - 25 votes
2021 - 70 votes
2022 - 59 votes

Natural talent wise, he’s in our best 6 or 7. Output / commitment wise he’s in our best 20. Defensively, aside from intercept marking, he’s got a fair bit of room for improvement.

If he improves his commitment / output, he could be in our best 5.

It’s all up to him.

Once again Hedge, I don’t think you understand the game plan or his role. Scrim is one of the comps best defenders. Not every defender in the modern game plays man on man. One of the best intercept marks in the comp, you do realize you have to forget about manning up to intercept yeah?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back