Autopsy Round 3, 2023: Hawks skin the Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

So if we ‘cut too deep’ on ‘experience’ not having a fit Lewis scrimshaw Morrison in rounds 1-2 should have been ‘crucial’ you’d have thought, if you were a media analyst?

Then if you look at the list as a whole, there has to be cuts at the end of 2023, there will be some very unlucky players, I don’t see any retirees at all

Finn has a similar poster on his wall, although he's already put an X through a few of them.
steve buscemi people to kill GIF

All they can really do is argue it wasn't high or that the impact was lower than medium.

Either it was high or it wasn't. Not sure they'll have much success on the impact as it was clearly a big bump.

Could be shooting themselves in the foot here as the tribunal could now give him more.

Hawthorn v North Melbourne​

8 Will Day (HAW)
8 Dylan Moore (HAW)
5 James Sicily (HAW)
3 Blake Hardwick (HAW)
3 Sam Frost (HAW)
2 Tyler Brockman (HAW)
1 Changkuoth Jiath (HAW)

Hawthorn v North Melbourne​

8 Will Day (HAW)
8 Dylan Moore (HAW)
5 James Sicily (HAW)
3 Blake Hardwick (HAW)
3 Sam Frost (HAW)
2 Tyler Brockman (HAW)
1 Changkuoth Jiath (HAW)
So lets see:

Day 5+3
Moore 4+4
Sicily 0+5
Blake 3+0
Frost 2+1
Brockman 0+2
CJ 1+0

Do I have that right? Strange distribution, either way it's a fair result. Although I don't know if Frosty really did more for us than Ward, Scrimshaw, or Jai.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All they can really do is argue it wasn't high or that the impact was lower than medium.

Either it was high or it wasn't. Not sure they'll have much success on the impact as it was clearly a big bump.

Could be shooting themselves in the foot here as the tribunal could now give him more.

A free kick at the time would have been nice

So lets see:

Day 5+3
Moore 4+4
Sicily 0+5
Blake 3+0
Frost 2+1
Brockman 0+2
CJ 1+0

Do I have that right? Strange distribution, either way it's a fair result. Although I don't know if Frosty really did more for us than Ward, Scrimshaw, or Jai.
Which ever coach voted for Sicily, Hardwick, Frost, CJ really rated how we restricted North's scoring, since only one of those 4 were voted by the other coach.

How the * can they argue against that when he ran past the ball and cleaned Day up?
It reminded me a little of Byron Picketts hit on Brendan Krummel. I think it was over in SA, and was very nasty.

Logues bump had the potential to cause similar injury as well.

You simply can not run past the ball and line up a wide open player.

I was disgusted, lucky to get away with a week.

Last edited:
Didn't want to make it all about him?

I seem to recall him in the Bulldogs rooms after that loss in 2016, and crashing Dimma's presser after Richmond's premiership in 2017.

I think he's probably furious with the club and it will take quite a while for him to get over what's happened in the past 2 years.
Bit obsessive to bring up a few random chats to his former assistant 6 and 7 years ago when he didn't have a controversy hanging over his head. The media would've made a big deal about it, obviously he's not comfortable coming over.

Not a fan of Jack's work I take it?

Personally I had him in my top five players for the match.

Our backline looks 100% better when he is down there IMOH.
He was good on his return mate but i had several players ahead of him who had a bigger impact.

So lets see:

Day 5+3
Moore 4+4
Sicily 0+5
Blake 3+0
Frost 2+1
Brockman 0+2
CJ 1+0

I don't really rate Larkey as a must watch player, but he's efficient in kicking his goals from chances given and was 10 goals from the first 2 rounds. One set of 6 against McGovern, former AA player, and 4 against a Fremantle side with multiple AA quality defenders. Frost kept him to 2, with one falling in his lap on the line while he wasn't even on him.

The success of Frost's game is that Larkey was the 2nd lowest rated player on the field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back