Preview Round 19 - Richmond VS GWS - Saturday July 30 13:45

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully these changes are try t0 inflate the trade value of Vickery and Houli.

I'm going up to Canberra to watch this train wreck. Will be great to watch Houli fumble the ball at will under the slightest hint of pressure....
Whilst we'd all aknowledge that Houli has his weaknesses, surely what we've really been missing this season is the attacking linkman to get us out of half back. Since Dusty can't kick it upfield to himself (sadly) we need Houli and hopefully Yarran or a developing Vlastuin to give us some drive.

Whilst we'd all aknowledge that Houli has his weaknesses, surely what we've really been missing this season is the attacking linkman to get us out of half back. Since Dusty can't kick it upfield to himself (sadly) we need Houli and hopefully Yarran or a developing Vlastuin to give us some drive.
I reckon markov and cellis will be future players of the HB line and are capable of doing this as well

I reckon markov and cellis will be future players of the HB line and are capable of doing this as well
Good call.
I'd really prefer Vlossy in the midfield as much as possible too.

Houli's main problem is that he actually likes to move forward in a direction towards our goals. That's where the problem arises he has nobody to kick to (they are all behind him or to the side) so he turns it over. BELLIS was also once a player that liked to move the ball forward but is so confused when he gets the ball that he is like a rabbit in head lights. Most of the weaknesses are a result of a putrid game plan that strangles players and results in mistakes.

Houli's main problem is that he actually likes to move forward in a direction towards our goals. That's where the problem arises he has nobody to kick to (they are all behind him or to the side) so he turns it over. BELLIS was also once a player that liked to move the ball forward but is so confused when he gets the ball that he is like a rabbit in head lights. Most of the weaknesses are a result of a putrid game plan that strangles players and results in mistakes.

BEllis has bits of confidence and I reckon a big factor to his game is our momentum; I think theres a couple of times he tries his heart out and when we lose people get into him. we win and he's one of the best. I reckon we need to keep him as if we are better next year so will he

12 months ago we were discussing possible finals match ups and how we could be a chance of maybe going all the way. Fast forward 12 months and the big discussion point whether Vickery is a s**t truck or just plain s**t.

#ECO
& 24 months ago interestingly enough, like we are now we were 7 and 10 & yet we were surging to that heroic run to the finals...
Massive fall from grace.

Ruck/fwd or Fwd/Ruck is not a ruck first and foremost. Doesn't matter whether you bench warm for periods, if you don't ruck more than 35% of the game your not a ruck first. Your also not playing as a ruckman first, when both Graham and Pattinson are playing in the game. Especially when you play more % of the game fwd than you do in the ruck.
He was training as a ruck, he was playing to get experience as a ruck. This was his first year.
You dont just jump from 0.3 goals a game to 1.6 the next year for no reason. He did because he stared training as a forward.

He was training as a ruck, he was playing to get experience as a ruck. This was his first year.
You dont just jump from 0.3 goals a game to 1.6 the next year for no reason. He did because he stared training as a forward.

We are not talking about 2010 mate, were talking about his first six games which were 2009. You were comparing Vickery's 116 games stats with Mcbean's 6 games stats. A terrible comparison, i said a better comparison is Vickery's first six games when he was playing as a fwd/ruck. 2010 has nothing to do with it, but if you want to talk 2010, he didn't start training as forward between 2010/11. He was a ruck/fwd in 2010 but that year he did play slightly more time in the ruck than he did forward particularly when we were playing simmo pre his retirement in round 11.

We are not talking about 2010 mate, were talking about his first six games which were 2009. You were comparing Vickery's 116 games stats with Mcbean's 6 games stats. A terrible comparison, i said a better comparison is Vickery's first six games when he was playing as a fwd/ruck. 2010 has nothing to do with it, but if you want to talk 2010, he didn't start training as forward between 2010/11. He was a ruck/fwd in 2010 but that year he did play slightly more time in the ruck than he did forward particularly when we were playing simmo pre his retirement in round 11.
What are you on about. In 2009 he was doing the same as he was in 2010...playing as a ruck and training as a ruck.
Doesn't matter where he was playing, he was in the team at the time to get some experience at rucking at AFL level, him being in the forward line was just to have him somewhere on the ground between rucking.

Facts are Vickery played as a ruck before AFL, was drafted as a ruck, trained as a ruck and still kicked more goals in his first few games than McBean who played as a forward, drafted as a forward, trained as a forward and has been playing in the VFL as a forward for 4 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are you on about. In 2009 he was doing the same as he was in 2010...playing as a ruck and training as a ruck.
Doesn't matter where he was playing, he was in the team at the time to get some experience at rucking at AFL level, him being in the forward line was just to have him somewhere on the ground between rucking.

Facts are Vickery played as a ruck before AFL, was drafted as a ruck, trained as a ruck and still kicked more goals in his first few games than McBean who played as a forward, drafted as a forward, trained as a forward and has been playing in the VFL as a forward for 4 years.

Under your logic Jonathan Brown should never have made it. Didn't kick a goal in his first 6 and didn't get a touch in his first game.

Funnily enough he did get some more games....

Anyways, if Vickery kicks 1 or no goals this weekend and gets under 10 disposals is he automatically dropped? I mean he has had his chance to get experience in 116 games so surely he has to be held to higher standards?

For all the Rance making AA I think you have to factor in the direction from Chaplin. I actually think Rance's game has been going downhill because he has to direct which Chaplin did previous. Another year needed in stepping up in that role and maintaining his own form.

Out Griffiths (inj) In Vickery. Vickery is replacing Griffiths, not McBean. May not be a popular choice but it's an obvious choice.
Out Edwards (inj) In Lambert. Lambert has kicked goals in the past and can run through the midfield. Hasn't had a great season but neither has Eddie.
Out Castagna In Houli. George will probably stay on the list but Bachar in, if fit, is automatic for mine.
Out McBean In Marcon. Liam needs to find some strength or his AFL career is a short one. Let's see what Marcon has got.
Houli in a big plus, Edwards & Griffiths a loss and McBean/Marcon who knows.
Hope we win but don't expect us to.

I hope the enrst & young consultants confer with you for some learned opinion,,,,good call

At least we're playing the kids and we have a bright future.
Either that or we're actually playing against a team of kids with so much depth that our best kids wouldn't rate a game in their reserves.
This week will show how far off the pace we are and any thoughts of a turnaround based on our talented youth is a figment of Dimma's imagination.
The club is ****ed.

Doesn't matter where he was playing
, he was in the team at the time to get some experience at rucking at AFL level, him being in the forward line was just to have him somewhere on the ground between rucking.

This discussion is going nowhere. These two sentences just contradict themselves. Also yes he was doing the same thing, a fwd/ruck and ruck/fwd is exactly the same thing. Only difference is the time spent in each position. The statement that he just had to be somewhere on the ground is silly for two reasons, one because in some of those games both Pattinson and Graham were playing and two he was spending more time forward than he was in the ruck in 2009 hence this whole discussion better comparison. 18's he played ruck for majority yes, however he did play a lot of games forward as well. As in both. He also played as ruck/fwd in juniors. Mcbean was KPP/ruck in under 18's, however tac cup yes fwd/ruck. In regard to playing in the VFL for 4 years, i have already addressed this in a earlier reply and it doesn't affect it from being a better comparison. In regards to training as ruck no player that is playing fwd at all in a game trains purely as a ruck and a pure ruckman doesn't even do just ruck drills at training. Anyway i'm finished as i said at the start of this post, there's no more point discussing this further as you clearly don't believe their first six games is a better comparison than Vickery's 116 games stats and Mcbean's 6 game stats. Also cause neither are likely to be on our list next year.

Could be a late change. Wouldn't surprise me if Grimes pulls out again

And mighty Jake Batchelor is recalled (gifted another game) ...check out the VFL report from last week....talk about total bull crap...8 solid possessions...no highs though...

8 disposals, four tackles

Workmanlike - only the eight disposals - but defended really well. Not many highs, but not many lows. It was a really solid game from him

Under your logic Jonathan Brown should never have made it. Didn't kick a goal in his first 6 and didn't get a touch in his first game.

Funnily enough he did get some more games....

Anyways, if Vickery kicks 1 or no goals this weekend and gets under 10 disposals is he automatically dropped? I mean he has had his chance to get experience in 116 games so surely he has to be held to higher standards?

" Look it's not about possessions with Ty...it's about what he does off the ball...he is a much loved individual around our community"

Driving down tomorrow from Sydney with great fear and trepidation. Hoping for some signs of hope from the young guys for the future. My last 3 games live

Vs Sydney at mcg 2016
Vs Sydney at scg 2015
Vs Sydney at anz 2014

Had low expectations then.....which turned out ok...but not this time I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back