Preview Round 19 v Hawthorn MCG Saturday July 22 1.45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

campaigner mini didn’t tell him he was sub tho..

Coulthard prob did a MRJ and spat the dummy so couldn’t show it on camera 🤣

Was thinking the same thing "you're playing this weekend" is not the same as "you've been selected as the sub this week so you might play a quarter or 2".

Soccer is always suss.
Kerr was injured at training yesterday but they only announced it tonight at the last minute.
Be honest about the line-up.
She is out for two games so it's clearly a serious injury.
At least they could have said yesterday she was in doubt.
Would be a strategic move
Means the oppo team has planned around Kerr playing

By announcing late it doesn’t give them time to assess and potentially change other match up or selection changes

Has Mehans fingers all over it
Sharktank GIF by ABC Network

Premiership player: Thou shalt not drop.
I'M trying to talk Flea, Hart , Lee or Bartlett out of retirement as minibus would give them a game as all they have to do is run around with no goal to get the ball. Just look busy chasing your opponents all game is his motto.

Last edited:
I love that we've basically been in an elimination final each week, and Mini is debuting our young kids. I'd imagine they will benefit more from playing in games with something on the line, than all being thrown in together when finals are no longer achievable.
He's just playing musical chairs with the young kids, but the core group is still the same. Tom Brown is going to be an A grader and he's playing VFL instead of JGTI or KMac or Pickett. It's bs and the art of illusion to fool the masses. Unless a poorly performing senior player gets injured it will just be a kid for a kid.
This is why I'm against minibus getting the job bc he's been around so long with the core group and it has the stench of a boys club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's just playing musical chairs with the young kids, but the core group is still the same. Tom Brown is going to be an A grader and he's playing VFL instead of JGTI or KMac or Pickett. It's bs and the art of illusion to fool the masses. Unless a poorly performing senior player gets injured it will just be a kid for a kid.
This is why I'm against minibus getting the job bc he's been around so long with the core group and it has the stench of a boys club.
Isn't Tom Brown a HBF? I think that's where we're most settled in the ground, so maybe the reason as to why he hasn't been given his opportunity yet. It's still very much win now mode, and 5/7 has got us back in the hunt. I don't blame him for having more faith in the older guys at those positions to be honest.

I could be wrong, but wasn't Tylar Young our only debutant in the first 10 rounds? There'll be 3 since then, and it would't suprise to see Brown and Tresize get a shot, too.

Having said that, I would like to see Sonsie, Cumberland, Clark and Bradtke replace a player you mentioned if their form doesn't improve.

As long as the club does a proper process, I don't mind who gets the job. Who would you choose at this point in time?

* you must be fun at parties ;)

You literally find the bad in every situation. Cheer up old balls, its not that bad.

Isn't Tom Brown a HBF? I think that's where we're most settled in the ground, so maybe the reason as to why he hasn't been given his opportunity yet. It's still very much win now mode, and 5/7 has got us back in the hunt. I don't blame him for having more faith in the older guys at those positions to be honest.

I could be wrong, but wasn't Tylar Young our only debutant in the first 10 rounds? There'll be 3 since then, and it would't suprise to see Brown and Tresize get a shot, too.

Having said that, I would like to see Sonsie, Cumberland, Clark and Bradtke replace a player you mentioned if their form doesn't improve.

As long as the club does a proper process, I don't mind who gets the job. Who would you choose at this point in time?
Brown is playing HBF in the seconds, but he could replace any of those three guys.
I just want somebody outside the club and preferably a Carr or Chapman. I voted for Griggs bc i pulled his name out of the hat as i find it a bit of a raffle outside minibus.

Mate we need Marlion to get to 100 games he has a shitload of boys

IMG_0392.jpeg

People make it sound like we've ignored the kids this year.

Ryan 14 games
Young 13 games (mature aged rookie[24] in first year)
Hugo 13 games
Clarke 13 games
Ross 13* games
Mansell 12* games
Miller 11* games
Maurice 8 games
Cumberland 8 games
Sonsie 3 games
Banks 2* games
Bauer 1 game
Dow 1 game
Coulthard debut game this week

Bold - debuted this year
* - playing this week

That's 14 players that have been afforded opportunities to debut/continue their development. Some have taken their chance and find themselves established in the 22, others are on the fringe alternating between the sub and a full game, while the remainder haven't quite made the most of it and find themselves back in the VFL to continue to work on their games.

What that shows is that we're gradually making the transition to the next generation and we've done it in a way that ensures that we remain competitive in the majority of games, which can only assist their development. The other aspect that has aided their development IMO is that for the most part, we haven't simply picked kids because they are kids, but instead we've made them earn their spots and when they've got in, we haven't necessarily kept them in regardless of performances, in fact if they haven't generally played well enough to keep their spot they have quickly found themselves back out of the side, which again aids their development as they quickly learn that consistency is the key to staying in the side.

It will be interesting to see if we reward any more kids in the run to the end of the season as there are a few in the VFL that are knocking on the door. It may just be a case of waiting to see if we remain in contention for finals or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back