Preview Round 23 v North Melbourne Saturday 19th August 1.45pm - Trent & Jack Farewell

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to move on from KMac … he’s a role player. And he played a very important role for us when we were a dominant team. But he’s 30yo start of 2024, so no point having him play beyond this season and take development time on a wing off the likes of Banks, Clarke, Hugo etc… I’d much rather see a 22yo Hugo kick it OOF and make stupid decisions than a 30yo Macca.

Same as Pickett. He’s 32yo start of 2024 … time to move on. We lose nothing on field by playing kids over these 2 guys. And if we pay 2 x kids $200k instead of these 2 guys $700k. We can use that $500k and take it off the last year of Hopper’s deal and put it into year 2.

Imagine starting 2024 without :

Tarrant 34yo
Riewoldt. 34
Cotchin 33
Pickett 32
Macca 30
Castagna 27

We will be one of the youngest lists in 1 x off-season.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Got to get Pickett to 100 games, currently on 77 games which should be 79 games at the end of the season.
Happy for him to be the sub for every match next season

Got to get Pickett to 100 games, currently on 77 games which should be 79 games at the end of the season.
Happy for him to be the sub for every match next season
hope he doesnt get to the can then he'll miss out on 100

So tell us what you want them to do and does it match what the coaches want them to do.

Kmac had a season high 21 touches and Graham had a team high 7 tackles along with 12 touches.

So again what standards should they be doing that would be a pass mark in your eyes or has this board just earmarked these two players and will launch on them regardless of how they play.
happy McIntosh and Graham are playing against the kangas they have been average all year i would be expecting them to have above average games against a below average opposition, otherwise they will be playing elsewhere in 24. put the cue in the rack for a few youngsters and let cotchy and Jack Revolt go out with a bang with as many as their premiership mates as possible.

Agreed seems to Be a bit of nothing riding on it play as many premiership team mates as possible
exactly not sure what all the melting is about.... this week is all about cotch and Jack and maybe a few other premiership players on their last legs having their final Hit out as well..... let's just enjoy the game it's not about the whining supporters it's about 5 or 6 years of Blood Sweat and Tears and the boys that gave their all but now that chapter is closing. and a new one will begin with fresh blood.

Selection based on pure sentiment to have all premiership players play one last time to send off the legends!

I can live with that

There is zero chance of losing this week! Next week tho will be ugly

Have you not seen us the last two weeks?
Hardly inspiring form we are in.
Same old battlers running around as well while Bauer and Sonsie play in the two's.

Bugger his 100 games

Have people watched his sons play? Why the thought that they will make it at the highest level? If they go back to WA and go into a Fremantle academy and choose to stay, what then? We are gonna get a bloke who is absolutely stinking to play another 20 odd games for a small possibility?

Is that worth it?

Have you not seen us the last two weeks?
Hardly inspiring form we are in.
Same old battlers running around as well while Bauer and Sonsie play in the two's.
Bauer, Coulthard and Sonsie

Have people watched his sons play? Why the thought that they will make it at the highest level? If they go back to WA and go into a Fremantle academy and choose to stay, what then? We are gonna get a bloke who is absolutely stinking to play another 20 odd games for a small possibility?

Is that worth it?
The oldest boys play for Park Orchard's U13. Marlion Junior is 12 this year and Latrell is 11.
Read on PRE that Latrell is very good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Selection based on pure sentiment to have all premiership players play one last time to send off the legends!

I can live with that

There is zero chance of losing this week! Next week tho will be ugly
Exactly.

AO ,hometown umps will make sure to finish our last game with an umpire rort cherry on top.
Play the kids then and see how they go against another team who go from giraffes on holiday in Bali to Jack Rusells on twenty cups of espresso with an umpiring fratenity patting them on the bum at every turn.
Will be a great test for our kids.
Carn the mighty Tigers!
Port had “hometown” umpiring in our home game which cost us the game, crucial game in the context of our season.
But history shows in the past that Richmond is beyond that,we are strong and bold.
Strong and Bold,fight and fight and win!

Last edited:
It’s probably got a lot to do with it being Trent and Jacks final game. I have no issue with it. This week is about those 2 and that’s all that matters. Let’s send them off in style
Sending off in style ? = Cotch, Hopper, Soldo, selections. I think Soldo & Nank hasn't really worked. Pickett forward hasn't worked. I would've liked to see Bauer again. And Ryan.

TBH the way we are playing it looks like a losing 22. Our VFL team does needs the wins. Haha tanking the AFL team for the VFL? Which we are a few players behind the better VFL teams.
F me Steve Morris has been amazing.

Last edited:
Thanks. I hadn’t a clue. To me it seemed very romantic thought this push.

It’s a big risk.
Its completely ridiculous. In a couple of years the kids may be bored with footy. Having said that I think Pickett is playing OK. In the fwd line just ain't working. Get him back on the wing.

So tell us what you want them to do and does it match what the coaches want them to do.

Kmac had a season high 21 touches and Graham had a team high 7 tackles along with 12 touches.

So again what standards should they be doing that would be a pass mark in your eyes or has this board just earmarked these two players and will launch on them regardless of how they play.
Mini just ain't making wholesale selection changes. Kmac's and JG's stats are irrelevant. No injury and you stay in the side. I'd expect the club to give Kmac a lower offer, and if he is our coach again to select them in 2024.

I would've liked to have seen Bauer play again. And Ryan come IN. Nank & Soldo hasn't worked IMO

I see team loss after loss and us sit at 13th on the ladder. Win or lose from here on only gives GWS a better pick.

North have a retirement or 2 to play for too.

MCG eh.. probably gets the win. WTF is it with Marvel

It might sound a little crazy but I wouldn’t be surprised if the omitions of banks, Bauer, Coulthard, Mansell has a little bit to do with the VFL team needing a win this weekend to make VFL finals.

I honestly believe a final or two would do more for that group of youngsters then playing north.

Is that worth it?

The oldest kid is like 12.

It might sound a little crazy but I wouldn’t be surprised if the omitions of banks, Bauer, Coulthard, Mansell has a little bit to do with the VFL team needing a win this weekend to make VFL finals.

I honestly believe a final or two would do more for that group of youngsters then playing north.
Wow, did you come up with that thought all by yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back