Preview Round 23 v North Melbourne Saturday 19th August 1.45pm - Trent & Jack Farewell

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might sound a little crazy but I wouldn’t be surprised if the omitions of banks, Bauer, Coulthard, Mansell has a little bit to do with the VFL team needing a win this weekend to make VFL finals.

I honestly believe a final or two would do more for that group of youngsters then playing north.
At the mcg in front of 60 or 70 thousand be more like a final than a vfl game

i agee but imo they will all lift for jack & trent
This would actually piss me off a bit...

Not that they will likely lift for Jack and Trent but rather that they did not lift v Dogs and Saints over the past 2 weeks when our season was not yet totally embalmed...

Not that they will likely lift for Jack and Trent but rather that they did not lift v Dogs and Saints over the past 2 weeks when our season was not yet totally embalmed...

Yep! and that's where i feel mini has failed to some extent.

women's praccy match 4pm today, cotch & jacks last loss of their careers on sat, and playing for a vfl finals spot on sunday

booked out footy weekend for the tigs

Can't believe all the whinging and moaning about the selections for this game. 2 club legends playing their last game and it's quite possible that the club have given them the chance to run out 1 last time with their premiership team mates, while also picking the best possible 22 to try and ensure that they finish on a high, rather than how we sent Hird Sheedy and Kane Cornes into retirement with losses.

Next week we're likely to pick a bunch of kids as there will be at least 2 changes and possibly more if Rioli doesn't get up with his ankle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was the end of 2020.

He signed a one year extension
last year to take him through to the end of 2023 and just hit a games trigger for another one year extension to take him to the end of 2024.
Great how we now have supposed Tigers supporters trolling there own now isn’t it.
Posting fake news just to get reactions from all the already negative Nellies we have to deal with!!

Exactly.

AO ,hometown umps will make sure to finish our last game with an umpire rort cherry on top.
Play the kids then and see how they go against another team who go from giraffes on holiday in Bali to Jack Rusells on twenty cups of espresso with an umpiring fratenity patting them on the bum at every turn.
Will be a great test for our kids.
Carn the mighty Tigers!
Port had “hometown” umpiring in our home game which cost us the game, crucial game in the context of our season.
But history shows in the past that Richmond is beyond that,we are strong and bold.
Strong and Bold,fight and fight and win!
A5DA8598-0E0D-477E-86AF-B145CFDFF0CD.jpeg
At least we aren’t getting O’Gorman or Deboy. Might have a chance of getting a fair go from the scumps!!

View attachment 1777460
At least we aren’t getting O’Gorman or Deboy. Might have a chance of getting a fair go from the scumps!!
Nope, Rodger (37) absolutely reamed us against the Hawks, might as well had a hawthorn jumper on that day...

We will get reamed again.

Can't believe all the whinging and moaning about the selections for this game. 2 club legends playing their last game and it's quite possible that the club have given them the chance to run out 1 last time with their premiership team mates, while also picking the best possible 22 to try and ensure that they finish on a high, rather than how we sent Hird Sheedy and Kane Cornes into retirement with losses.

Next week we're likely to pick a bunch of kids as there will be at least 2 changes and possibly more if Rioli doesn't get up with his ankle.

Nice ... in theory.
But the same 'premiership team mates' who haven't been able to get the job done now for weeks while our season was on the line, are no certainty of getting the job done. THEY'VE BEEN THE PROBLEM!
If we're picking the best 22 to 'get the job done' for Jack and Cotch, four or five blokes shouldn't be anywhere near it.
Let's not sugar coat things ... if we lose with so much to play for tomorrow, it's a massive setback.
Unlike most, I respect North. They have been good the last few weeks and were bloody better when we played them last year.

umps lifted for us

Nice ... in theory.
But the same 'premiership team mates' who haven't been able to get the job done now for weeks while our season was on the line, are no certainty of getting the job done. THEY'VE BEEN THE PROBLEM!
If we're picking the best 22 to 'get the job done' for Jack and Cotch, four or five blokes shouldn't be anywhere near it.
Let's not sugar coat things ... if we lose with so much to play for tomorrow, it's a massive setback.
Unlike most, I respect North. They have been good the last few weeks and were bloody better when we played them last year.
They were beaten by the Eagles less than 3 weeks ago, have some faith.

Surely we don’t lose this. These two deserve to win on a winning note. Anything less is unacceptable.

I can’t believe people are even discussing a loss. It just won’t happen. We are farewelling two of the greatest players we’ve had including our ex captain. Everyone is underestimating the bond this group has.

I can’t believe people are even discussing a loss. It just won’t happen. We are farewelling two of the greatest players we’ve had including our ex captain. Everyone is underestimating the bond this group has.
I think that we have had three years of overestimating the level of performance this group is motivated to achieve.

Their bond has become the type where you tell everyone how good you were rather than showing them how good you still are.

Let's be honest, if this game was at Marvel we would loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back