Review Round 19 vs Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Not many teams (if any) carry two recognised ruckman. If Frampton is struggling, we are effectively a man down as he can't really be used anywhere else on the ground.
This would happen regardless, if Frampton is struggling; but we wouldn't sacrifice our ruckwork nor structure because of it.

Frampton would only rotate in the forward line.

Ken was giving his line coaches credit for DBJ on Johanssen
I was at the game and the bull-dog supporters around me we're giving Johannisen plenty of stick. Not happy with the efforts he's putting in especially after signing such a big contract extension.

Stoked for Kane, what a way to slot your first goal!
Ho hum for Fazz (that's Farrell + pizazz). Said nerves got to him at first and as for the goal ...

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/video/2018-07-29/oak-plus-post-game-interview-farrell-ptv

so strictly routine apparently.

Nah m8, it's one thing to know what you want/need to do, quite another to do it, especially when you really want to.
Got a feeling this one could turn into a little diamond. Barely sighted in his first few games with the Magpies he quickly
came up to speed, so let's hope for the same trajectory on the big stage.
Remember this and take note @1:20

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/video/2017-11-24/kane-farrell-highlights-ptv

Anything beats whatever the hell this thing is
View attachment 535152
I used to think that til I started taking my kids to the footy and realised I am just not the target market.

My son slept with a Thunda doll for years

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Maybe I'm being a w***er but he annoyed me a bit with his celebrations. Not a big fan of players celebrating goals against their old club.

Carn. We were the ones who all but got rid of him, it's not like he Nick Stevens or Troy Chaplin'ed us. And if you saw him after either of our games against the Dogs this year you'd know that he and our club still have love for each other.

Plus the first one was his first goal for the Dogs. Surely you can't begrudge him celebrating that.

Jacko has had a really challenging year and his first game against us was really poor. Good on him for playing well and letting off some steam.

Carn. We were the ones who all but got rid of him, it's not like he Nick Stevens or Troy Chaplin'ed us. And if you saw him after either of our games against the Dogs this year you'd know that he and our club still have love for each other.

Plus the first one was his first goal for the Dogs. Surely you can't begrudge him celebrating that.

Lets face it, he's played in 1 win for the year so he's almost literally had nothing to celebrate for the season. Good on him for playing his best game of the year against us and slotting a couple goals as well.

LOL this reminded me of the season I spent at Footy Park sitting directly in front of an old aboriginal woman. I didn't have a problem with the content of what she said, more that she had a hell of a lot to say, and especially that she had a voice that could've shattered granite. Just a particularly, specifically unbearable register. Spent a lot of time in the ol' West Lakes standing areas that year.
I have a guy sitting behind me who comments 5 seconds behind the play....constantly, but he does it in such a way that he believes he is predicting the play (things like I knew it, told you etc.).

It's funny when we are winning, but murder worthy when we are losing.

The bloke behind me knows the name of every umpire out there, keeps track of how many umpires have paid how many frees against us, and isn't happy unless the free kick count is 100 to 0 our way. On the exceedingly rare occasion he comments on something football related it's almost exclusively to say that player X (it was Thomas last week) should be dropped every time player X gets near the ball. It's genuinely enough to make me consider moving seats next year. His (I assume) wife is nearly as bad but it's gotten to the point over the last few games that even she has started to pull him up on his s**t.

There's also another one a few metres to my left who'll come up with a 'funny' nickname for the one or two opposition players he recognises and yell it out at them 50 times a game, upon each repetition turning around to look at the rest of the crowd expecting a big laugh from his adoring fans. Nobody's there to watch you ya dickhead, we're there to watch the football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Bulldogs had kicked better it may not have worked. That last 10 minutes of the third quarter, where the ball was nearly continually in the Bulldogs 50 and the score went from 7.5 - 4.0 to 7.6 - 5.4 was a case in point. An Attempt to protect a lead which resulted in the ball never leaving their half. The result came with a helicoptered free to the top of the square where Schache pushed in front. We were just lucky that all they could kick were setshots as that was where they got all their goals.
That was because it was blowing a gale, the tactic was spot on.

I liked the well-timed pic of Jack Watts.

"How many times have we told you ...'You are supposed to kick it with your FOOT Jack!'"
4c66bb54d0ac512e85a180a798e1dcb4

Last edited:
A note to the AFL brains trust. Schedule future Bulldogs games at Ballarat for the start of the season not in Winter. Yesterday's weather was more brutal than normal for Ballarat but why risk it.

Last year the crowd was 10,000 plus. Only 6,450 turned up yesterday. Understandably a lot of supporters were put off by the weather. It felt by -2.2C at the start of the game and stayed like that for most of the game. The Bulldogs will play 2 AFL games at Ballarat over the next 4 years as part of a deal with State government. I hope the AFL have learnt something from this year's scheduling mistake.

I have a guy sitting behind me who comments 5 seconds behind the play....constantly, but he does it in such a way that he believes he is predicting the play (things like I knew it, told you etc.).

It's funny when we are winning, but murder worthy when we are losing.

You sit in front of BT?

Our cheer squad / TAC were bloody amazing! Bet they had to sing to keep warm in that weather!

Hoping we can play some clean and decently efficient footy for the weeks tk come, when we’ll be really tested

This seems unlikely.

lol yep.

They just feed all the games into some algorithm that the big sport leagues across the world use. Whatever that algorithm is thinking, it's ******* garbage and is in no way suited to Australia, the conditions and the league.

I would suspect that the AFL put a weighting on a few teams, particularly Carlton - and it spit out "let's give Carlton every friday night game".

Frampton would be a liability.

As would other ruckmen that were available through the rookie draft etc. Agree we should’ve developed a decent back up by now though, Hayes going down with an ACL was unlucky! I reckon he may have been a chance to play.

I reckon if we had Jonas in the team Howard would’ve rucked more. But Dixon is usually our best option so we are a bit damned if we do damned if we don’t with him.. :(

Far out I’m looking forward to his end to the season though. Who could forget his final against West Coast!
Why? What exactly can't Frampton do. I keep hearing from our coaches including Scott Thompson before the Maggies last week, that he isnt quiet ready but cant describe why. They just make a statement. Its bulldust. There were plenty of back up ruckmen who could have been selected for a break in case of emergency situation in the DFA list, main draft, PSD and rookie draft. He only has to be on the list for 1 year..

We are robbing Peter to pay Paul to force Dixon, Howard and Westhoff to ruck for big chunks of games when we shoud be picking a proper ruck. Sure if an injury happens in a game you have to make changes but going in with the wrong mindset is wrong. Hayes was picked to play in 2019 which now wont happen before Rd 1 2020 with his ACL.

We wont win a flag if we keep excepting stupid excuses.

A note to the AFL brains trust. Schedule future Bulldogs games at Ballarat for the start of the season not in Winter. Yesterday's weather was more brutal than normal for Ballarat but why risk it.

Last year the crowd was 10,000 plus. Only 6,450 turned up yesterday. Understandably a lot of supporters were put off by the weather. It felt by -2.2C at the start of the game and stayed like that for most of the game. The Bulldogs will play 2 AFL games at Ballarat over the next 4 years as part of a deal with State government. I hope the AFL have learnt something from this year's scheduling mistake.

Spot on.

Given most seasoned AFL players are used to playing on carpet I thought we actually handled the conditions quite well considering..

Imagine Butch playing in those conditions?! Haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back