Preview Round 2, 2024: Hawthorn v Melbourne, MCG 4.35pm 23rd March

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's completely wrong to put this on Sicily.

He was swarmed by the opposition, hardly defended himself and the AFL has found a ridiculous reason to throw a 1 match ban at him.

Aside from standing there and doing literally nothing - what do you want him to do in that situation?
If ever there was a case you could get thrown out in the name of self defence this would be the one.

I reckon it's worth a shot. Let the AFL explain to us what a player is meant to do when set upon by 8 other players.

He was swarmed by the opposition, hardly defended himself and the AFL has found a ridiculous reason to throw a 1 match ban at him.

Aside from standing there and doing literally nothing - what do you want him to do in that situation?
what do we expect? he got what, 3 weeks last year for tackle of the year cos that spud landed on his head like a ****? can't believe he got a week for this lol but he should still know better !

We're appealing.
Didn't realise it had been graded as medium impact. Low/medium is the difference between a fine and a suspension.

Should be pretty easy to argue it was low impact with a bio mechanist giving evidence.

We're appealing.
people gotham GIF

Sicily's 3rd suspension in 10 games.
What a woeful example of leadership he has become.
He's just not captaincy material.
I'm not looking forward to next Saturday, conceding another ton and struggling to bring up 50 ourselves.
He'll never change and we all know it.
Are you trolling? One of those suspensions was for a legal tackle that was rewarded with a free kick? You want him to show better leadership by not tackling?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought this part was poorly umpired.

But i was just as disappointed with our side. Essendon ganged up on him and no one really ran over and stood up for the skipper.
When he continued to have a bad day, I didn't see to many players with a cool head helping out. It was a clear tactic from the bombers our poor kicking and the skippers impact in the game cost us the win.

Free kick/reversal against Gresham for being a dickhead and none of that nonsense happens 🤷🏼‍♂️

I’m a bit torn as whether to be angry at Sic, that kicking action was stupid. Should that cost you a game? Definitely not, but he knows as well as anybody he doesn’t have to do much to be suspended. It’s not fair but it just is what it is.
He’s our captain and I love the bloke, our most important player and we need him on the field.

I'm not looking forward to next Saturday, conceding another ton and struggling to bring up 50 ourselves.
Stop being a drama queen, one of those suspensions was for a perfect tackle.

I’m a bit torn as whether to be angry at Sic, that kicking action was stupid. Should that cost you a game? Definitely not, but he knows as well as anybody he doesn’t have to do much to be suspended. It’s not fair but it just is what it is.
He’s our captain and I love the bloke, our most important player and we need him on the field.
The fact that it's Sicily should be immaterial. The incident should be assessed on its merits. It's a fine at the most. It's not on Sicily. Piss poor effort by his team mates, the umpires and the AFL. Not by Sicily. He was targeted because he's our most influential player, not because he's ... well ... James Sicily. Kudos to the * for getting away with it. Really disappointed by our troops. It was their captain for *s sake.

For me, public transport is way better. Two stations, Richmond and Jolimont, both about 5 minutes walk to the ground. No stress trying to get in and out of the carpark. You can have beers at the Cricketers if we win. No brainer for me.
I like your thinking 😉
The missus would much prefer to drive in. Is the MCG car park open for this game?

Personally, I loved that Sic actually embraced the rivalry a bit and spiced it up a bit. He may have executed his ill discipline a bit poorly, but the suspension is way overs for what it was. You can never question whether he fights for the jumper.

Sic biggest knock is he has started a bit slow this season - didn't light up pre-season much. But I attribute part of that to structure, as without another tall back, he can't play his natural expressive game. Does not mean he deserves to lose captaincy. His end to last season was particularly, awesome.

He's a leader to this young team.

What other captain would get set upon like that? Only the scum does that!

Green would have lost it in that situation also. Siss just needs to cop it next time for team not retaliate but it’s the teammates that need to back him up a lot more. And Redman the gutless sniper …… put him in a cage with Newk he wouldn’t last a round!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back