Preview Round 2, 2024: Hawthorn v Melbourne, MCG 4.35pm 23rd March

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, they let things go completely until Sicily does something (anything).

An opposition player just has to fall over and they'll assume he did something free-kick worthy when usually it's a clear dive

Umpires rarely punish the instigators. They seem to punish any retaliation.

Except for Sicily. Gets pushed over after giving up a free to Guelfi (shouldn't have been a free, there was no push in the back) but it doesn't get reversed

Medium impact yet Redman's was only low
Exactly, Jai’s head lurches back at the force and Siciliy’s “kick” wouldn’t go 5 meters if it was the ball. The umpire needs to officiate the same for all players but unfortunately they don’t, Sis and Toby Greene get officiated totally differently.

Personally hate the “will they or won’t they” suspend/appeal Player X that plays out over days.

Annoys me more than the incident itself.

Exactly, Jai’s head lurches back at the force and Siciliy’s “kick” wouldn’t go 5 meters if it was the ball. The umpire needs to officiate the same for all players but unfortunately they don’t, Sis and Toby Greene get officiated totally differently.
Would also argue his leg comes up through momentum of moving McGrath

What's in his favour, is that McGrath didn't get injured. That way you can downgrade the impact.
On those grounds alone, we'll appeal.
This will be the time they bring out the potential to cause injury clause

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm assuming Sicily gets off, even though Gil will try to get him susp, I mean the AFL system is corrupt, but it can't be that corrupt... i hope

In: Hustwaite
Out: Nash

Sub: Morrison
No doubt Gil will be there on Tuesday night in his role as……retired CEO of the AFL.

I thought this part was poorly umpired.

But i was just as disappointed with our side. Essendon ganged up on him and no one really ran over and stood up for the skipper.
When he continued to have a bad day, I didn't see to many players with a cool head helping out. It was a clear tactic from the bombers our poor kicking and the skippers impact in the game cost us the win.
They have done it last few games , the usual suspects they have who throw their weight around against the young sides by dont fire a shot against the top sides .

We are just at that stage where most of our players are young and trying to establish their place in the team.
We also dont have that 'enforcer' in the older players .
Tough watch but in 12-18 months itll change.

What's in his favour, is that McGrath didn't get injured. That way you can downgrade the impact.
On those grounds alone, we'll appeal.
Who's the genius that called that 'incident' medium impact?

That's not medium anything - it's the lightest possible contact you could actually have with someone on a footy field. Literally nothing aside from completely not making contact that would be lighter than that.

So it took less than a minute of play in the season for Sicily to get suspended again.

Love the guy but this s**t needs to stop. Not what you want from your captain.

We lost by an average margin of 8 goals every game he missed last year, we need him out there.

So it took less than a minute of play in the season for Sicily to get suspended again.

Love the guy but this s**t needs to stop. Not what you want from your captain.

We lost by an average margin of 8 goals every game he missed last year, we need him out there.
I think it's completely wrong to put this on Sicily.

He was swarmed by the opposition, hardly defended himself and the AFL has found a ridiculous reason to throw a 1 match ban at him.

Aside from standing there and doing literally nothing - what do you want him to do in that situation?

I think it's completely wrong to put this on Sicily.

He was swarmed by the opposition, hardly defended himself and the AFL has found a ridiculous reason to throw a 1 match ban at him.

Aside from standing there and doing literally nothing - what do you want him to do in that situation?
Don’t get me wrong I think it’s pretty soft and hope we appeal, but there’s a reason he gets swarmed by the opposition and that’s because he reacts. The kick was there we all saw it at the ground. Didn’t need to do it.

he knew a decade in advance that Goldy would eventually end up playing for the scum
Ill Allow It Spanish GIF

No Sicily against a team that just easily dispatched a team that embarrassed us two weeks ago.

The whole entire club better get whipped into a frenzy before this game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back