Preview Round 2 vs Collingwood - 11th June 2020 @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL give Ross some space , with a midfield of Dusty , Cotch , Meatball , Lambert and Edwards pretty hard to just push past them and grab a midfield spot

Getting trialled off half back is real positive , says the club wants him in the top side
doing well in a competitive practice match even more positive

Leppa made it sound like Houli in (proven senior player)
Stack , Higgins & Ross possibly competing for 1 or 2 bench spots

the one or 2 will depend on which they go with the ruck option

also made it sound like with no VFL the guys that miss out will have to be rewarded at some point with a game
and that they are still to work on some sort of rotation strategy

and the fact we could rotate guys without massive distruption or drop in quality really puts us on the front foot

Garthwaite also came in for high praise ... is there no end to the depth

opposition sides will cringe at the thought of playing us :)

LOL give Ross some space , with a midfield of Dusty , Cotch , Meatball , Lambert and Edwards pretty hard to just push past them and grab a midfield spot

Getting trialled off half back is real positive , says the club wants him in the top side

also made it sound like with no VFL the guys that miss out will have to be rewarded at some point with a game

and the fact we could rotate guys without massive distruption or drop in quality really puts us on the front foot

i reckon a smoky could be higgo

No, main hitout was Thursday and nothing major before next Thursday's game.

There's 2 more sessions - tomorrow morning and a light session on Tuesday I believe.
Didn’t Collingwood and Richmond agree to play a match between the reserve players though? I thought I read that Buckley said that something will be organised for the players likely not playing on Thursday. Maybe the meant after the game rather than before the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t Collingwood and Richmond agree to play a match between the reserve players though? I thought I read that Buckley said that something will be organised for the players likely not playing on Thursday. Maybe the meant after the game rather than before the game

I doubt it'd be before (or not long before anyway). Wouldn't want to give away selection or force the emergencies to sit out unless you needed to.

Also having it the next day would allow the head coaches to keep an eye on the game without distraction.

I doubt it'd be before (or not long before anyway). Wouldn't want to give away selection or force the emergencies to sit out unless you needed to.

Also having it the next day would allow the head coaches to keep an eye on the game without distraction.
Yeah that makes sense. I felt like there was something wrong with my understanding of this situation

Watched some training this morning where Jack Ross, Patrick Naish and I think the younger Dow were in a group with Dusty, Marlion, Lamby and Sheds...doing midfielders/forwards stuff I believe. All looked rusty having shots at goal from the boundary, seemed to be all skewing to the left. Noah Balta made up the 8 defenders group so I would say he is in contention...

Last edited:
B: Grimes, Astbury, Broad
HB: Houli, Vlastuin, Short
C: Caddy, Prestia, Pickett
HF: Edwards, Riewoldt, Bolton
F: Rioli, Lynch, Castagna
Foll: Nankervis, Martin, Cotchin
Int: Baker, Soldo, Lambert, Graham
Emerg: Balta, Ross, Stack, McIntosh

B: Grimes, Astbury, Broad
HB: Houli, Vlastuin, Short
C: Caddy, Prestia, Pickett
HF: Edwards, Riewoldt, Bolton
F: Rioli, Lynch, Castagna
Foll: Nankervis, Martin, Cotchin
Int: Baker, Soldo, Lambert, Graham
Emerg: Balta, Ross, Stack, McIntosh

I'd swap Stack for Short and I'd go left-field and give McIntosh a Grigg-style, undersized ruck role with the Pies likely to play a debutant ruckman. Kamdyn's the same height as Grigg but 6kg heavier (probably more going off the most recent training pics). Could give us an advantage with his athleticism and competitiveness around the stoppages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back