Game Day Round 2 vs Norf; What does a robot think about all this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I told an AI that West Coast is playing North Melbourne this weekend and it wrote the preview for me.

Work smarter not harder, friends.

AFL-Roos-Eagles.jpeg

The West Coast Eagles are playing a game of football against North Melbourne Kangaroos. West Coast Eagles are coached by Adam Simpson and have players like Nic Naitanui, Zac Langdon, Jack Darling, Matt Priddis, Andrew Gaff and Hugh Dixon. North Melbourne Kangaroos will be coached by Brad Scott. North Melbourne are very poor and have no money. West Coast will be playing against North Melbourne at the Gabba, Brisbane. It’s set to be a muddy wet day.

This match is the first game of a 3 game series that sees each of the teams feature twice against each other. Game 2 will be played at the Etihad Stadium, Melbourne and Game 3 at North Melbourne. Each game is to be 20 minutes long. West Coast have an expected winning margin of 3 points. This means that West Coast will need to score 2 goals to win or if it’s a tight score then West Coast will need to only score 1 goal to win.

West Coast are playing a man down. Scott Lycett was suspended for this game and will be replaced by Stefan Giro. Giro has only played 2 AFL games for West Coast and did not play a game this year. The last time that Giro played an AFL match was in 2013 for North Melbourne. This game will be the first AFL match that Giro has ever played.

West Coast is scheduled to have 11 goals up by half time. It’s unlikely that West Coast will run away with this game but we’re picking them to win by 6 points or less.

How to Watch

Pre game show starts from 7:30pm EST. You can watch on Fox Footy in Australia or live on Fox Sports here in the United States.

TV broadcast in Australia:
FFT: Channel 7 and Channel 10
Seven has the pre game show starting at 7:30.

Channel 7 has Fox Footy or Fox Sports Showing the game. If you are unable to see the game on Fox Sports then you can live stream it using Foxtel Go. You will need to either sign up or have a pay TV subscription. Foxtel Go is only an online app but it is not a free mobile app. It’s not available in the app store. West Coast have the option to watch the app from a TV. If you don’t have an internet connection then West Coast will likely be a hard match for you.

This is a good game to watch even if you’re not a West Coast Eagles fan. There’s a lot of good footy players on the field and it’s always a good game to see some skilled players play footy on a small field. You can even try some of the triples for free by signing up for a low price of 700.

Enjoy.

WC by 89

In: C.Jamieson, L.Duggan, A.Witherden, T.Kelly, S.Giro, J.Williams, L.Ryan, J.Darling, L.Shuey, B.Ainsworth, A.Black, A.Dewar
Out: A.Gaff (injured), T.Barrass (HS Protocol), J.Rotham (HS Protocol), J.Redden (HS Protocol), Z.Langdon (HS Protocol), H.Dixon (HS Protocol), J.Kennedy (HS Protocol), J.Waterman (HS Protocol), N.Naitanui (HS Protocol), B.Hough (HS Protocol), J.Jones (HS Protocol), H.Edwards (HS Protocol), I.Winder (HS Protocol)

Last edited:

I told an AI that West Coast is playing North Melbourne this weekend and it wrote the preview for me.

Work smarter not harder, friends.

The West Coast Eagles are playing a game of football against North Melbourne Kangaroos. West Coast Eagles are coached by Adam Simpson and have players like Nic Naitanui, Zac Langdon, Jack Darling, Matt Priddis, Andrew Gaff and Hugh Dixon. North Melbourne Kangaroos will be coached by Brad Scott. North Melbourne are very poor and have no money. West Coast will be playing against North Melbourne at the Gabba, Brisbane. It’s set to be a muddy wet day.

This match is the first game of a 3 game series that sees each of the teams feature twice against each other. Game 2 will be played at the Etihad Stadium, Melbourne and Game 3 at North Melbourne. Each game is to be 20 minutes long. West Coast have an expected winning margin of 3 points. This means that West Coast will need to score 2 goals to win or if it’s a tight score then West Coast will need to only score 1 goal to win.

West Coast are playing a man down. Scott Lycett was suspended for this game and will be replaced by Stefan Giro. Giro has only played 2 AFL games for West Coast and did not play a game this year. The last time that Giro played an AFL match was in 2013 for North Melbourne. This game will be the first AFL match that Giro has ever played.

West Coast is scheduled to have 11 goals up by half time. It’s unlikely that West Coast will run away with this game but we’re picking them to win by 6 points or less.

How to Watch

Pre game show starts from 7:30pm EST. You can watch on Fox Footy in Australia or live on Fox Sports here in the United States.

TV broadcast in Australia:
FFT: Channel 7 and Channel 10
Seven has the pre game show starting at 7:30.

Channel 7 has Fox Footy or Fox Sports Showing the game. If you are unable to see the game on Fox Sports then you can live stream it using Foxtel Go. You will need to either sign up or have a pay TV subscription. Foxtel Go is only an online app but it is not a free mobile app. It’s not available in the app store. West Coast have the option to watch the app from a TV. If you don’t have an internet connection then West Coast will likely be a hard match for you.

This is a good game to watch even if you’re not a West Coast Eagles fan. There’s a lot of good footy players on the field and it’s always a good game to see some skilled players play footy on a small field. You can even try some of the triples for free by signing up for a low price of 700.

Enjoy.

WC by 89
Not a bad effort from the AI. If we can just add blatant emotional, outraged Victorian parochialism to the factual errors, I see a future for the AI at Fox Footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Update please.
Apparently this is the likely 23 for Sunday now

B: Hap Hapablap, Chris_6678, Godfather32
HB: Miguel Sanchez, HoneyBadger35, Truckosaurus
C: squashface, RookiePick, Anton_Chigurh
HF: FKASC, larrikin, Bleedblueandgold
FF: kane249, Ochre, Ambrose Burnside
R: Keys, Dark Sharks, Dylan82
Int: ep2018, Biggie, AsterixTheGaul, KERRPOW (The A5)

I hope people don't view not being selected as some sort of personal slight on my behalf, because I truly despise all of you equally, regardless of whether you're in that team or not.

That I wasn't one of the first 21 names you thought of after trashing you in the POTY thread is beyond comprehension. This is a targeted school like 'pick-your-team' attack. And I like it.

That I wasn't one of the first 21 names you thought of after trashing you in the POTY thread is beyond comprehension. This is a targeted school like 'pick-your-team' attack. And I like it.
I like that you think I did anything beyond select the first 21 names off the 'Top Contributors' in the changes thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back