Preview Round 20, 2021 | North Melbourne vs Geelong @ Blundstone Arena | Saturday, 31 July @ 13:15

Remove this Banner Ad

I think...

If Phillips can't play due to injury, Polec in for a full game. I liked what limited opportunity he had. Genuinely seemed to 'want' it.

If Zurharr injured, Ford in (alternatively, if Taz fit, in for him). Please can we try Taz forward for a game or two with Larkey, would love to see how he fares swinging with Walker (not in that way... I think).

Otherwise I didn't think big X was great on the weekend, but he's only really competing with Tommy C and it's pretty clear that we're giving him a fair ol run in the 1s (which is excellent).

Would be a great game to set the team for the next 4 rounds and our future beyond - what an opportunity!

I'm talking Hayden, Lazzaro, Comben, Ford,
Pat Walker, Spicer and Will Walker.

All banging the door down at VFL and all ready to go and give these next 4 rounds a shake up!

(For the love of God, please lose North 😭)
Comben has played half a game in a scratch match

Surely thingo Scott will seek clarity from the afl as to why the game isn't being played at gmhbakardinia parkstadium, even if just because its a North home game and it's not fair.

Bit rough… we requested our ‘home’ game v Richmond yesterday to be moved to GHMBA given there would be no crowds either way. The AFL’s refusal to do so - when their normal excuse for us not playing big clubs down there is ‘the capacity is too small’ - merely highlights what an unequal competition this actually is.

On to the game - any chance you guys can give Goldstein and Cunnington a well deserved weekend off?

Bit rough… we requested our ‘home’ game v Richmond yesterday to be moved to GHMBA given there would be no crowds either way. The AFL’s refusal to do so - when their normal excuse for us not playing big clubs down there is ‘the capacity is too small’ - merely highlights what an unequal competition this actually is.

On to the game - any chance you guys can give Goldstein and Cunnington a well deserved weekend off?

They aren't the ones you have to be worried about tbh.

They aren't the ones you have to be worried about tbh.

Don’t worry, I am well across LDU, Thomas, Stephenson and co. Very impressive list you’re building - I think you’ll bounce up the ladder far quicker than the clubs around you on the ladder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting week.

The time to start resting broken down bodies and sending blokes in for surgery to prepare for 2022 is rapidly approaching.

However we have play 3 sides that all present some trophy values in upcoming weeks. Geelong probably the current biggest of them.

Despite the stellar the numbers by some players against Carlton, the eye test said we weren't that good. We allowed them too much easy ball at times and picked out their interceptors a little too often. I thought we were stronger against West Coast, dogs and Brisbane.

However you have those games where nothing goes right for and/or everything goes right for the opposition ( * kicking trick shots everytime we play them comes to mind) and against Carlton it was our day, Jed banging them through for fun, Larkey manfully commanding the 50 etc.

Basically come in with the same level of awareness we had against Carlton - Geelong will likely shred us.

Come in with the hunter attitude we had against the 3 others I mentioned - it's anyone's game.

Main thing to look for will be seeing if we can stay switched on for 4 quarters. This seems to be Noble's focal point and something that cost us immeasurably over the Scott years both within games and week to week.

Geelong played a ******* terrible game against Richmond. It was painful and boring to watch. They only got it together for the second half of the second quarter and the first half of the last quarter.

They won by 7 goals because Richmond have no idea what football is anymore, smallest violin.

Should Geelong play like that again, especially at tassie, and we bring the same level as the Carlton game (second half amazing first half meh), could go either way. If Geelong improve their kicking, we're stuffed. If we drop off we're stuffed. But I think we've got a good chance.

Between now and the end of the year we'll most likely want to have a look at Ford (in for Zurhaar this week is a good call by previous posters here), but also Hayden and maybe even Pat Walker. Reckon Nobes will want to see Polec play a full game too. So who needs a rest? Phillips with his schnoz will be doubtful. Simpkin, LDU and TT have been immense lately, but are they sore?

Cunnington had a weekend off last week and the only rest Goldstein ever takes is when he rests on his laurels.

I don't get this talk of resting the kids. None of Jy, LDU, Thomas, Philips, Larks, are showing signs of fatigue. They all played well on the weekend, some had their best game for the club. I would keep playing them. Particularly this week, I would like to see how they go against the competition benchmark.

This will be a massive test for our young guys. Geelong will look to strangle our ball movement, requiring us then to kick long into the forward line where they then pick off the intercept and bounce. It will be a super opportunity for the mids to learn what it takes to compete with a top team not just at the coalface, but also off the ball to create run and opportunities for quick ball movement.

They ******* murdered us in the hard stuff last time so it will be a good chance for Thomas, LDU and Jy to show how far they have come.

Best 22 available please.

SCOTT BEMUSED AT ROOS TRAVEL PLANS

Geelong coach Chris Scott has labelled it “a bit strange” his side could travel with North Melbourne to Tasmania next week to play in Round 20.

Foxfooty.com.au senior reporter Tom Morris explains that there remains uncertainty over whether the Roos can host Geelong in Hobart as originally planned. The Roos remain confident but have received no official word.

If the AFL succeeds in establishing a sterile corridor across Bass Strait, the Roos and Cats could fly in and fly out on the same day and play in front of a crowd.

If not, the game would be in Victoria.

Speaking to media after his side’s win over Richmond, Scott said he was preparing to travel to Tasmania at this stage, but was bemused at the prospect.

“As far as we’re aware. It’s a bit strange that we’ve got two Victorian teams getting on a plane in this environment but that seems to be the program.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back