Preview Round 20: Richmond v Gold Coast @ MCG - Sun 16 Aug 1:10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn't lose any pace from our team anyway with the outs?

Only if your proposition is that the ins named have more pace than the outs? Really. Specifically so "this is anfield" doesn't get confused I am referring specifically to Thomas and Morris and not Deledio.

FFS run and carry, kick long move the ******* pill against a deadshit side and get some gas in the tank. How ******* hard is it? These ******* coaches over think it sometimes

My problem is that we have brought no pace into the side whatsoever. I mean with those two potato farmers in the side were unlikely to kick a score eh kimosabe?

BTW Parker is stuffed
Lids no pace, Morris slow? I love it that we bag our players as potatoes, but to say we cant kick a score before it evens happens, yet we have done so in the past so I will back our MC in this. I would love pace (and McBean doesn't have any either) but ultimately we went bad last week because we couldn't win the ball. We have tried to fix this this week, so just think the derision is misplaced.

Go re-read old mate I qualified the first sentence with a second. Realise it's not a pop up book but you should be able to get through less than 50 words with out too much trouble. Or maybe not
Sorry mate, you made an error by saying 'whatsoever'. That to me means 'in any way', so trying to get out of it by saying you qualified it doesn't wash. And I think you need to pull your head in with the snide remarks.

mcbean must of shagged dimma's mrs. Thomas is in because Adelaide smashed us in the guts last week he will get his usual 25-30 touches few clearances and tackles he actually does something but morris * me has he ever had over 10 disposals absolute spud

Hard to understand the changes, if we play our usual game plan both Thomas and Morris will turn the ball over. If we try to run it then neither adds anything either, I think as others have pointed out this is an over reaction to last weeks soft effort. It would be nice if we just backed ourselves in to smash an inferior opposition for once, rather than grinding it out.

Anyone else notice that the sides we have to play seem to have gotten all their players back, and we are losing soldiers left right and centre?

Anyone else notice that the sides we have to play seem to have gotten all their players back, and we are losing soldiers left right and centre?

True for North and Pies, but Suns and Bombers still have huge holes in their lists.
Might work in our favour.
Makes for two very winnable games and two sterner tests.
Probably a good mix in terms of making the eight and getting a good tune up at the same time.

I see these ins as the result of a one-dimensional view on our issues from last week. I say that this is one-dimensional because one problem is looked at, but other issues associated with the proposed solution to this problem are ignored.

I believe they think we were too tall against Adelaide so wanted to go shorter. Isn't the lack of elite small forwards one of our biggest issues in the first place? While we were too tall, we just don't have the personnel to "go shorter" in the forward line. Our forward line talent currently lies more in our talls than our shorter players, and you should be putting up your best talent to play in the forward line if you want to get the best combination each week - even if our forward line ends up tall.

I believe McBean has now become a casualty in this "go shorter" view this week. We'll have to wait and see how these changes work out on Sunday I guess

McBean has played 2 games, not in succession, and we have won 2 games.

McBean, C.Ellis and Menadue all played in the first game that lead to our season turnaround against an in form Collingwood.

What does this mean:
- They had a positive influence over the team, or
- It doesn't matter who we select as long as Deledio plays.

In other words just play ******* McBean.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got some real s**t kicks in the team this week

Morris, Thomas, Hunt.....

We still should have too much class imo

Only if your proposition is that the ins named have more pace than the outs? Really. Specifically so "this is anfield" doesn't get confused I am referring specifically to Thomas and Morris and not Deledio.

FFS run and carry, kick long move the ******* pill against a deadshit side and get some gas in the tank. How ******* hard is it? These ******* coaches over think it sometimes
But dh said in presser they are a quality side so he has to come up with a plan

Nah didn't mean this week, more the pies and the dons.

Collingwood losing as cut it back to 10. A win is massive for us as it only means we will need to win 1 more if as expected Geelong and GWS lose today. Say what you will about selection but the nuts and bolts of it all is we need to win 2 more games and i expect us to win tomorrow

He also said we got smashed in contested footy so that is clearly the plan. Win the pill in the midfield and create enough opportunities forward of centre as our backs will control their end.
I was referring to this These ******* coaches over think it sometimes but on your point we haven't been much good in the mid most of the year what will change now. Our backline has been our bread and butter all year and our defensive play around the ground the rest we have been poor mids forwards rucks. We are not the team most think we have so many areas to improve still before we become a consistent side still. Also we haven't been great in the mid not because we haven't got them but most of the time we rely on them to score hence the good ones spend more time up forward then where they belong. I have confidence we will get it right just like we have got our defensive game going but might take 2 or more years still.

I see these ins as the result of a one-dimensional view on our issues from last week. I say that this is one-dimensional because one problem is looked at, but other issues associated with the proposed solution to this problem are ignored.
Yes. I don't like bagging the club we all love too much but you've articulated well something that has often bothered me about selection. We seem to look at a superficial level to the last effort and try to 'rectify it' often in a reactionary way. Some of this type of stuff is obvious standard planning process but at other times it seems our own proactive measures are all over the place.

I'd like us to stay true to the matra that lower skill players who turn the ball over too much (or those that can't get the ball to start with) have no place in the present or future. We'd build a more solid game plan with this criteria rather than reacting to whatever it was that let us down last week, even if that was different than the week before that.

McBean has played 2 games, not in succession, and we have won 2 games.

McBean, C.Ellis and Menadue all played in the first game that lead to our season turnaround against an in form Collingwood.

What does this mean:
- They had a positive influence over the team, or
- It doesn't matter who we select as long as Deledio plays.

In other words just play ******* McBean.
You know why the youngsters like CEllis, McBean and Menadue make the side a better side? They don't crumble under pressure and don't constantly turn the ball over. Their impact is that simple, but makes our team look a lot better

I was referring to this These ******* coaches over think it sometimes but on your point we haven't been much good in the mid most of the year what will change now. Our backline has been our bread and butter all year and our defensive play around the ground the rest we have been poor mids forwards rucks. We are not the team most think we have so many areas to improve still before we become a consistent side still. Also we haven't been great in the mid not because we haven't got them but most of the time we rely on them to score hence the good ones spend more time up forward then where they belong. I have confidence we will get it right just like we have got our defensive game going but might take 2 or more years still.

As you know you and i had this discussion face to face over a beer and i agree that we are not ready to challenge. These older fringe players are marking time for the next crop to be ready to propel us fwd. In saying that with selection i see thomas has been added to add grunt around the pill. Lids is Lids and morris i reckon will run with the in form Bennell

No confusion at all, is Deledio an "in" this week? if so we add pace to the side, specifically as Hampson, that noted speedster, is out.
It's like saying we don't get any shorter with the "outs", but only if you specifically refer to Conca but not Hampson or Grimes.

Conca is the fastest out - Lids is the fastest in, Lids for mine.
Grimes is the second fastest out - Morris the second fastest in, pretty even.
Hampson is the slowest out - Thomas the slowest in, Thomas is still quicker than Hammer.
Someone please explain to me, maybe I am confused, how the "ins" don't have more pace than the "outs", without ignoring Lids as an in, of course.

Really looking forward rto this match with the inclusion of Mr silk Steve Morris and the Racehorse Matt Thomas, mind you GC are paying $6 for the win might be paying off a few mortgages are we tanking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back