Round 22 v St. Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. And we don't even get it on FTA.

Looks like I'll have to find a pub somewhere.
yeah it will be, the tv scheduling is for victorian audiences, will be on delay here in adelaide as per normal

SO we lose one of our only 3 home night games we were allocated this year and in turn have been given a Saturday Arvo game which is scheduled right in the middle of local matches, which may well be finals games.

History shows that our crowd size will likely drop by about 10K from a Fri night to a Sat arvo and then we get criticised for having a so called "poor turnout" at our games. This also moves our game from a national audience on Ch 7 to the minimised Foxtel market.

The AFL really do not care about clubs that are not in the Big Vic 4 or those who they don't have to prop up do they........:thumbsdown:

R22 Fixture Announced

The AFL have finally got around to deciding who plays when in R22, having left it as a floating fixture at the start of the year (allowing them flexibility for scheduling ahead of the finals).

We were originally expecting to play St Kilda in a blockbuster at home on Friday night. Our early season ineptitude has put paid to those plans and we're now scheduled to play them at 3:40pm on Saturday afternoon. Yet another ******* Foxtel game.

In other points worth noting:
  • Freo & Carlton have been given the coveted Friday night slot. Pity that Freo will be in freefall by then (Carlton not much better), but it's nice to see them get a reward for the way they started the year. I would have put Hawthorn vs Collingwood in that slot, then again I'm getting sick and tired of seeing Collingwood on TV every single week.
  • In my part of the world, Adelaide's TV coverage will have hit an all-time low in 2010 - just 4 games on FTA TV for the entire season. Only one of those was/will be "live". The "live" game was only on FTA here because of the "Sydney factor" (we have Swans games forced down our throats every week, whether we want them or not), it was actually a Foxtel game for everyone else.

4 games on FTA TV is just a joke, particularly when they're on 1 (vs Geelong), 2 (vs Footscray) and 3 hour (vs Essendon) delays. How on earth is the club supposed to grow its supporter base outside Victoria if 82% of its games can't be seen by the majority of the population?

Ah well, the people at the Ainslie Footy Club will be sick of seeing my ugly mug by the end of the season. End of rant.

Re: R22 Fixture Announced

The AFL have finally got around to deciding who plays when in R22, having left it as a floating fixture at the start of the year (allowing them flexibility for scheduling ahead of the finals).

We were originally expecting to play St Kilda in a blockbuster at home on Friday night. Our early season ineptitude has put paid to those plans and we're now scheduled to play them at 3:40pm on Saturday afternoon. Yet another ******* Foxtel game.

• Freo & Carlton have been given the coveted Friday night slot. Pity that Freo will be in freefall by then (Carlton not much better), but it's nice to see them get a reward for the way they started the year. I would have put Hawthorn vs Collingwood in that slot, then again I'm getting sick and tired of seeing Collingwood on TV every single week.
  • In my part of the world, Adelaide's TV coverage will have hit an all-time low in 2010 - just 4 games on FTA TV for the entire season. Only one of those was/will be "live". The "live" game was only on FTA here because of the "Sydney factor" (we have Swans games forced down our throats every week, whether we want them or not), it was actually a Foxtel game for everyone else.

4 games on FTA TV is just a joke, particularly when they're on 1 (vs Geelong), 2 (vs Footscray) and 3 hour (vs Essendon) delays. How on earth is the club supposed to grow its supporter base outside Victoria if 82% of its games can't be seen by the majority of the population?

Ah well, the people at the Ainslie Footy Club will be sick of seeing my ugly mug by the end of the season. End of rant.
i remember in 2006 when we were flying, you guys over there practically had every adelaide game on live (by practically i mean you had well over half!)

my mate in canberra was quite happy then, hes now quite happy to have married into a foxtel household!

Re: R22 Fixture Announced

Agree. I think Collingwood and Carlton have like 18-19 of their games on FTA television. The AFL is a joke of a corporation.

They always mention how "fairness" and "equality" for every club is their first priority. Yeah bloody right. The chances of that being the case are just as good as WCE's chances for this year's premiership.

The AFL always base their decisions on money and if that means giving the interstate teams the s**t end of the stick then so be it.

I'm actually quite suprised that they didn't fixture the Coll/Haw game on Friday night. That by far is the biggest game of the round and being a Collingwood game there would be a much bigger crowd if it was fixtured for the Friday.

End rant.

It really is starting to become a bit of a joke the way the AFL schedules these matches. I can understand us getting less matches due to the deal that see's all our matches go FTA in Adelaide, but 4 a year interstate? Thats flat out wrong, the AFL really do love to screw us over re scheduling etc. no wonder we're starting to struggle a little financially:mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It really is starting to become a bit of a joke the way the AFL schedules these matches. I can understand us getting less matches due to the deal that see's all our matches go FTA in Adelaide, but 4 a year interstate? Thats flat out wrong, the AFL really do love to screw us over re scheduling etc. no wonder we're starting to struggle a little financially:mad:
3 per year interstate + 1 because we happened to be playing Sydney (and Canberra ALWAYS gets the bloody Sydney game). The Sydney game was actually a Foxtel game which got re-transmitted on FTA.

How is this unfair? We don't deserve the timeslot with both our ladder position and also crowd numbers this year.

I don't think performance should be factored in when fixturing time slots. The big Victorian clubs always get their share of the pie whether they are a decent team on the field or not and it's about time that we got the same treatment.

We asked for more Friday night games this season and we've ended up with two, one at home and one away. We were promised the RD22 Friday timeslot aswell and now we've been stripped of that too.

Regardless of form I think we deserve that timeslot more than anybody seeing how we've copped the worst of the broadcasting rights (more games on FOX than any other team) and we are making a late charge home towards the finals.

how exactly?

Because it would mean the game is possibly the match of the round. The AFL, being the snide little money theives they are, would want to get a large TV audience and huge publicity into this game and that's not going to happen if it's broadcast on FoxSports.

Looks like we've been ripped off are Friday night timeslot which was supposedley ours:mad:.

The Friday night slot for round 22 was never ours - that's why they had a NRL-style flexible round for round 22 (no games were set in stone). Our game just happened to be on top of the list.

To be honest, I'm not surprised at the Saturday twilight slot and it doesn't bother me.

Because it would mean the game is possibly the match of the round. The AFL, being the snide little money theives they are, would want to get a large TV audience and huge publicity into this game and that's not going to happen if it's broadcast on FoxSports.
quite clearly it's not going to be match of the round though, our poor start to the season basically made sure of that..

we were never promised the friday night timeslot, as said above, it just happened that we were top of the list

We were never promised the Friday night timeslot in Round 22. What makes you think were were? The AFL said that Round 22 would be manipulated to give those potentially playing finals the best chance of getting a suitable break. That's exactly what has happened.

And of course our crowds this year have something to do with us not getting Friday night. We don't deserve Friday night.

quite clearly it's not going to be match of the round though, our poor start to the season basically made sure of that..

we were never promised the friday night timeslot, as said above, it just happened that we were top of the list

If we're good enough to make this game a must-win (for finals) then it would definitely be match of the round. To do that we need to win at least 4 of our next 6 and if we're in that sort of form leading into this game then I would say it would be match of the round (Haw/Coll the only other game that could challenge that title).

When were we promised the round 22 timeslot? Source?

Well I think there was an article from afc.com back when the fixture was released that mentioned we had 2 Friday night games and another "likely" one in RD22.

The fact that this game was listed at the top is not just coincidence IMO, I think the AFL had that as their original plan that they would change if neccesary. There have been only two games (Ade/Stk and Car/Fre) that switched timeslots so the original RD22 fixture was not just in random order.

I have no doubt that had we started our season alot better that timeslot would still be ours.

I always had a feeling it would be saturday arvo. They just don't want the Crows on free to air TV, 5 games for the second straight year and probably less next year. But I'm going to try my best to watch this game at a friends house who has foxtel. I cannot miss Round 22, the last image of Goodwin and possibly McLeod.

They love Collingwood, that is for sure. They are such a protected team. I hope they lose a few more games (esp R21) and miss the top 4.

This doesn't have much to do with TV. It's to do with the break for the first week of finals. If it was 100% about TV then the Pies/Hawks blockbuster wouldn't be on Saturday afternoon. Why can't you whingers get that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back